Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Privacy Issues

Privacy Issues

I am so inundated with a 3rd party software that steals my tools. How safe and I really on this site with my privacy and am I prone to further hacking? I feel helpless and ignored

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    We may not discuss the above topic publicly, but I'll refer to you to a thread below so you may learn more about it.

Please read it and draw your own conclusions. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

---
    Lynn
    September 5, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; September 5th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    We may not discuss the above topic publicly, but I'll refer to you to a thread below so you may learn more about it.

Please read it
    Lynn
    September 5, 2019
    Yes. Thank you I am very familiar with the thread and have contributed to it. With all the issues with Facebook and now Google, I have to wonder what information is being collected on me. Since this hack can't be stopped I wonder how vulnerable I am to hacking and privacy violations by other 3rd parties

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    For information, here is Supercell's Privacy Policy: https://supercell.com/en/privacy-policy/

I hope this helps

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

I understand there is a written policy. I am not so sure that protects me based on what I see with lack of progress on another 3rd party softwear

I haven’t heard anything about Facebook & Google - is utbsoecifically HD related or just their general inability to keep data protected?

Are the things we wish would Go Away not something that’s at SC’s ‘end’ rather than ‘in’ our phones/tablets?

I’m not sure why you think its a ‘hacking’ issue, but that could be me being exceptionally dim?!

Could someone please explain why it is/isn’t an issue. (Clearly as basically as possible!)
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Hayday is a server based platform game, which means it belongs to its owners and not to the people logging in to play it. Hence why we canít even log in or play offline when the servers are down or under maintenance....and it is also true that what is being ďhackedĒ is not the players device (tablet iPad iPhone etc) but the companyís servers.

Since these servers are vulnerable and clearly preyed on by ongoing third parties is a worthy question from the OP if any of our other data maintained by said company are vulnerable to third parties......and yes, clearly that would be true. The company has, and will be in the future, violated by hackers.

BUT I am pretty confident that the company does not keep or possess much information about me and my device personally that would be damaging or harmful....they have no credit card info since that is protected by my platform (iOS or Android), they do have my email which would be annoying if obtained, but not much else. As pointed out, the company states it goes to great lengths to protect this data.

Mostly itís just a disappointing situation that results in affected game play but not affected personal devices. I do wish the company was capable of reducing the vulnerability of its company to hackers but thatís just one thing to consider when you log in (choose) to enter their servers to play it.

unlike Facebook and other apps that have elaborate permission structures on certain devices to access other apps and data, hayday does not, so I think there is little to worry about there !
    Last edited by Aardvark10; September 6th, 2019 at 03:08 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    I did a quick search about hackers breaching Supercell's security. In 2016, there was a breach in the Supercell forums and it was fixed.

Please note that the breach affected forum accounts and not our game accounts per Nick's post below.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...it-immediately

---
    Lynn
    September 6, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; September 6th, 2019 at 05:56 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Thanks all for the input. I guess it's just my own paranoia that if supercell can't stop software from stealing tools, I feel vulnerable in other areas too

Thanks aardvark, that was pretty much my thinking..I just wondered if I’d got it wrong.

Understandable Linda, but I think we all do things on our devices that open us up to more risk than playing hayday.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)