Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: CWL Strategies

  1. #1

    CWL Strategies

    Was wondering what some of your clans use for strategies when facing a similarly balanced clan in CWL to give you the best change for a win. Do most of you play for 2 stars and then hope a couple get 3 to get the victory? Do you have top guys drop down for better chances of 3 stars? What are your thoughts on best ways to ensure 2 stars? Our clan always preaches 2 Stars but every round we have folks who are matched up vs a bases where the TH is on the outer edge and they try and send a wrecker all the way across and then of course they dont make it and then you get the 1 star on bases that are easy 2's if they just played for the 2.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown2626 View Post
    Was wondering what some of your clans use for strategies when facing a similarly balanced clan in CWL to give you the best change for a win. Do most of you play for 2 stars and then hope a couple get 3 to get the victory? Do you have top guys drop down for better chances of 3 stars? What are your thoughts on best ways to ensure 2 stars? Our clan always preaches 2 Stars but every round we have folks who are matched up vs a bases where the TH is on the outer edge and they try and send a wrecker all the way across and then of course they dont make it and then you get the 1 star on bases that are easy 2's if they just played for the 2.
    The first thing I recommend is to tell your clan to immediately stop talking about who any individual player is matched against. The same number on the other clan means nothing. That shouldn’t enter into any sort of CWL attack plan. As for what our clan does, we like to have our th11s attack up against a th12 (sometimes the other clan has all th12s and we have no choice) to get 2 stars so a strong th12 can attack low for 3 stars.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  3. #3
    e
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The first thing I recommend is to tell your clan to immediately stop talking about who any individual player is matched against. The same number on the other clan means nothing. That shouldn’t enter into any sort of CWL attack plan. As for what our clan does, we like to have our th11s attack up against a th12 (sometimes the other clan has all th12s and we have no choice) to get 2 stars so a strong th12 can attack low for 3 stars.
    Exactly this^^^.. Those whom can hit up for 2s, allows more to dip for 3s.
    And there is nothing wrong with leaving that wrecker at home if it is creating more problems than it solves.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    491
    *You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 2222 again.*

    My clans strategy is similar to what 2222 said. I prefer lower bases hitting up for safe 2 stars while stronger bases dip for triples. This doesn't always happen though.

    When people ask who to hit I tell them to hit as high as they are confident on getting 3 stars. If no bases exist then hit as high as possible for 2 stars. Our veteran players (mostly TH 12s) do pretty good with this, but our newer and lower bases usually hit the weakest base that's still open for what they can.

    Luckily I have 5 bases so I'm able to use my TH 9 to jump up and hit those TH 12s with their THs exposed for 2 stars fairly often (3 out of 4 so far). I'd do it with my TH 10 if I needed to as well. Swapping around like this gives higher potential for 3 stars as your top is usually able to dip more often.

  5. #5
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    in the matrix
    Posts
    135
    I must admit that we tried such strategy but in the end we didn't get more stars out of it due to fails for the easier 3 stars and/or the save 2 stars which ends in a 1 star..

    So we got back for the simple strategie: first target should be your mirror. If you want to swap with someone -> talk directly in chat. This works for us in crystal 1 due to the fact that enemy lineups are very similar to ours...

    Edit: We don't use any third party planning or commumication tool...even reading the notes on the war map is to much for some people...
    Last edited by ZionWhiteRabbit; September 6th, 2019 at 08:47 AM.
    TH12 (55/65/38) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH10 (25/34/ -) TH9 (17/19/ -)


  6. #6
    e
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    I must admit that we tried such strategy but in the end we didn't get more stars out of it due to fails for the easier 3 stars and/or the save 2 stars which ends in a 1 star..

    So we got back for the simple strategie: first target should be your mirror. If you want to swap with someone -> talk directly in chat. This works for us in crystal 1 due to the fact that enemy lineups are very similar to ours...

    Edit: We don't use any third party planning or commumication tool...even reading the notes on the war map is to much for some people...
    Is what I am doing ATM in my 1 man band. Will swap it a little, if another base suits loons better.
    Even in the old clan, we took no notice of claims/flags, as it just meant waiting in case of a fail.
    3rd party.. never found the need, as our mob were well below that level of organisation. Simply turning up was as much as could be asked of them.
    But 2222 post is optimum for those that are capable.

  7. #7
    Best strategy for CWL is to first focus on everyone getting their attacks in, a 1 star is still better than no stars.

    Use some of your lower bases to attack up so that you can have a few of your big bases dip.

    In our current war, I 2 starred the #1 TH12 with my TH11, and dipped on a weaker TH12 for a 3 star. We had a lot of good attacks from our side this war, one of our TH11's 3 starred a fairly strong 5 star TH12 and a number of 3 stars on their 12's.

    Should also be mindful of rushed TH12's as they can often be 3 starred by TH11's.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  8. #8
    Senior Member dreza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    496
    War strategy hit your mirrorr ... ugghhhhh yuck .. When I see strategy in other clans I thank my lucky stars.

    For us it's similar to some of the other ideas mentioned here. We ask people to assess, see if there are any hit up opportunaties for 2 stars on any TH level otherwise ask people to choose the base they are most confident on getting a 2 star on. Sometimes we direct if/as needed to provide guidence and coordination but our biggest overall goal is to try and create a clan where individuals can assess the situation for themselves and make good decisions.

    And our no1 obj is just to get people to hit. Running 30v30 wars we are seeing most clans not using all their hits each war so as we are always outmatched it's the one adv we have or can bring.
    Clan Name: DV II Clan Tag: #LUL2P9RG.
    Clan Details: Adult, English speaking, International, War Clan, CWL, Clan Games
    Recruitment Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...games-LUL2P9RG



  9. #9
    e
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by dreza View Post
    War strategy hit your mirrorr ... ugghhhhh yuck .. When I see strategy in other clans I thank my lucky stars.

    For us it's similar to some of the other ideas mentioned here. We ask people to assess, see if there are any hit up opportunaties for 2 stars on any TH level otherwise ask people to choose the base they are most confident on getting a 2 star on. Sometimes we direct if/as needed to provide guidence and coordination but our biggest overall goal is to try and create a clan where individuals can assess the situation for themselves and make good decisions.

    And our no1 obj is just to get people to hit. Running 30v30 wars we are seeing most clans not using all their hits each war so as we are always outmatched it's the one adv we have or can bring.
    Having a mirror strategy is not the optimum way..
    But what if every base was the same, army wise, with the same person at the controls..
    And you are in a league where you are over 50 stars and over 1,000 percent destruction ahead of 2nd place after 5 days.
    Mixing it up sort of loses its appeal then.

    I cook 14 armies ready for the next day, so it is probably like the current Legend League, where you need something that can handle any shape of base (actually, its 2 choices, loons or valk).
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; September 7th, 2019 at 07:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,130
    Yeah, knowing who can 2 what is the key if you really want to do well. In the leagues with 8 or less th12's and few of them maxed, you can take a 33-37 and turn it into 40+ by having 2 or 3 accounts get scrappy 2 stars giving everybody else likely 3 stars. My favorite thing to try is getting a 2 on an anti-3 star th12 with one of my th10's using baby dragons, valks, a krap load of freeze spells, and what ever random stuff I think I can use.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

    If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •