Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL war win bonus of 10 star is not reasonable!

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    This is right for your example - if a clan managed to win all wars they should be nr 1. But in another case like they win 5 wars very tight and lose 2 massive - shouldn't there be a chance for another clan who managed to win 4 wars and lose 3 tight to beat them?

And soccer isn't always the best analogy. In a multistage cycle race like the "tour de france" the overall winner rarely wins every stage. He is just the fastest over the whole distance - beside the little benefit for the "in stage assessments" ...
    i agree a 5/2 vs a 4/3 record If one had 2 massive losses and the other three tight, then the 5/2 should not necessarily be above the 4/3, unless the 5/2 won the head to head battle in which case If feel like that should. It gets very complicated when you move away from a simple 7/0 clan that should win, and my main point was the win bonus mist be enough to ensure the 7\0 clan will always beat the 6/1 clan, and that means one would get a bonus of around 15 in a 15 v war and maybe 30 in a 30 v war. Alternatively there could be a rule a 7-0 clan wins the league always and then the win bonuses could be lower.

agree its not clear that soccer is a better analogy than cycling, allthough If someone wins every stage of the tour (i understand thats not probable and borderline impossible) they clearly should win the tour. The reason i think soccer works slightly better is there will be some matches a top team battery a lower team 5 or 6 nill, where another top team wins 2-0, yet the top team who won 2-0 beat the other top team 1-0 when they met, and of course the 1-0 is what matters most.

In cwl you can have towards the end of the league the lowest teams giving up, not fillin ccs etc so If you face then late you total starts will be inflated versus teams who faced them early. In the tour you dont count the difference that a top rider beat the slower rider, its always relative to other top riders, so this problem does arise in cycling. If would be like in cwl only counting the total stars scored against the other top 4 teams.

but again i dont necessarily disgree that the 5/2 should beat the 4/3 unless they won the head to head then i think they should. Not sure how to actually structure the rules to allow that though.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; September 9th, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    i agree a 5/2 vs a 4/3 record If one had 2 massive losses and the other three tight, then the 5/2 should not necessarily be above the 4/3, unless the 5/2 won the head to head battle in which case If feel like that should. It gets very complicated when you move away from a simple 7/0 clan that should win, and my main point was the win bonus mist be enough to ensure the 7\0 clan will always beat the 6/1 clan, and that means one would get a bonus of around 15 in a 15 v war and maybe 30 in a 30 v war. Alternatively there could be a rule a 7-0 clan wins the league always and then the win bonuses could be lower.

agree its not clear that soccer is a better analogy than cycling, allthough If someone wins every stage of the tour (i understand thats not probable and borderline impossible) they clearly should win the tour. The reason i think soccer works slightly better is there will be some matches a top team battery a lower team 5 or 6 nill, where another top team wins 2-0, yet the top team who won 2-0 beat the other top team 1-0 when they met, and of course the 1-0 is what matters most.

In cwl you can have towards the end of the league the lowest teams giving up, not fillin ccs etc so If you face then late you total starts will be inflated versus teams who faced them early. In the tour you dont count the difference that a top rider beat the slower rider, its always relative to other top riders, so this problem does arise in cycling. If would be like in cwl only counting the total stars scored against the other top 4 teams.

but again i dont necessarily disgree that the 5/2 should beat the 4/3 unless they won the head to head then i think they should. Not sure how to actually structure the rules to allow that though.
    And so none of us has the perfect way to compile the ranking out of the individual war results...
    But i hope SC take a look at the war results and the outcoming rankings and maybe tweak the system a little bit if it's unfair or not working as intended in their point of view.

Therefor it is good if everybody post results where the ranking didn't fit the common expectation ( i know that some people are very uncommon with their expectation
    TH12 (55/65/39) TH12 (51/52/20)
    TH10 (25/36/ -) TH9 (18/20/ -)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Just to add a little here.

Showing that the 10 star bonus is not overwhelming, we are going to go 7-0 this season in Crystal 1, but it looks likely we will not be promoted.

We just finished war 6, which was against the top team in the group, and although we beat them, they are still 9 points ahead of us.

Admittedly, our lats war is against the bottom team, while they are playing the 3rd team, so we may end up getting 9 more than them tomorrow, but it seems unlikely.

This is basically because we are better at defence than attack. The most we have conceded in any war is 27 stars ( and the number 1 team hadn't scored less than 32 until this last war).
    I can second that. We had 2 horrible wars (99% 2 stars, 90% 1 stars, etc...), one that we should have won and one that we would of had to have a great day to win. However, we also had wars where we crushed it. We ended up beating by 3 stars and over 1000% one of the clans that won against us to sneak into 2nd place.
    Last edited by SSeleulc; September 10th, 2019 at 09:43 PM.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

In its purest form, Wars Won, with Head to Head as tie break (plus either stars or destruction in the event that 3 or more clans beat each other) would be the best way, in my opinion.
    That way clans would be strategising more on how to win the day, rather than simply amassing stars.

But, SC decided on the format scoring criteria, and everybody is on the same playing field.
    Whom you play when may have an impact on the effort required to beat them, but that is simply part of the random nature of the draw.
    All anybody can do is set out their roster and take things one day at a time.
    I am good with the current structure. I would also be good if they decided to change it, just so long as they gave a heads up.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    In its purest form, Wars Won, with Head to Head as tie break (plus either stars or destruction in the event that 3 or more clans beat each other) would be the best way, in my opinion.
    We had that last situation once. Top 3 teams all went 6-1, beating all the other 5 and winning one/losing one against each other

That way clans would be strategising more on how to win the day, rather than simply amassing stars.

But, SC decided on the format scoring criteria, and everybody is on the same playing field.
    Whom you play when may have an impact on the effort required to beat them, but that is simply part of the random nature of the draw.
    All anybody can do is set out their roster and take things one day at a time.
    I am good with the current structure. I would also be good if they decided to change it, just so long as they gave a heads up.
    Agreed. I am happy with the way positions are decided now, but would be equally happy if it were based on wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I'm happy with the 10 additional stars for each CWL win. Going into our final war we were 6-0 and matched against the only other clan that was undefeated, we trailed by 7 stars. Final was 29-29, we had the percentage and were promoted to Champs II.

There was a move away from rewarding wins with medals, to stop clans from deliberately poaching medals in a lower league than their strength justified.
    But to keep the spirit of competition alive, the award of bonus stars for wins is the last competitive reward. It is a good compromise.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMhauerTF View Post
    I'm happy with the 10 additional stars for each CWL win. Going into our final war we were 6-0 and matched against the only other clan that was undefeated, we trailed by 7 stars. Final was 29-29, we had the percentage and were promoted to Champs II.
    would you view it differently if you had been down by 11* (with everything else the same) and stayed in ch3 even though you beat them head to head?

If anything, bonus stars for winning wars should be increased for 30v, since 15v and 30v both have the 10 stars for winning but in a 30v war you have double the attacks.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; September 11th, 2019 at 03:46 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

I don't think I would view it any other way. I think SC put the additional 10 star bonuses in for just this reason. If one clan is behind by less than the 10 stars it makes it possible to win the league.