Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What is Win-Trading?

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    Our clans haven't seen it much the last few...but our second CWL it was very evident. When 2 clans gets 28-32 stars against everyone...then vs each other they get 45 stars (perfect).

I'm sure clans are smarter about it now...but still makes me wonder why...especially when only 1 clan gets promoted.
    If their expectation is that under a fair fight, one of them would win with an estimated 32 (+10 for win = 42 total), while the loser gained 30, then they may agree that both getting 45 stars is a win-win for both sides, maximizing stars gained even with a tie. Let then the "promoted one" be determined by the other 6 wars.

Remember it is total Stars, not wins. Under that system (which I myself personally disagree with), in the end both sides can win, and gain.

So these descriptions of win trading make sense, BUT why do it? Only 1 team can advance so what is the point of win trading if you are not the one to advance. makes no sense to the 2-8th place clans in win trading.

Quote Originally Posted by seigedawg View Post
    So these descriptions of win trading make sense, BUT why do it? Only 1 team can advance so what is the point of win trading if you are not the one to advance. makes no sense to the 2-8th place clans in win trading.
    Again, it is stars, not wins.

If the first and second place teams meet in the very last war, and if they both wanted to be promoted, then yes, agree they would not collude. Then it is a fight for "only winner gets desired reward".

It also does not make sense if all 8 teams collude, every battle ending in a draw, no winners in the end.

But what of two teams meeting in a non-final round? Your clan is competing against 7 clans, If I give you maximum stars, and you give me maximum stars, then we are both better positioned to have the most stars possible going into that final round. I have not only upped your odds of promotion, but also my own. I am no longer competing with 7 clans (1 in 7 chances of promotion) but am now competing with only one, your clan (since we both primed the pump with stars). Hence, by reducing the competion (place the fair play clans at a disadvantage) I increased my odds to 1-in-2, against only that clan which I colluded with.

Bottom line: Unless you win a war with 35 or more stars, both teams by tying at 45-45 will always have a higher final star total. Hence, will inflate their final ranking either for promotion or medals gaind by that position. If collusion gave you first place, and my team 4th rather than 5th in the end, we both won, both gained more in the end then if we played fair.
    Last edited by rowman; September 5th, 2019 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seigedawg View Post
    Well, at first medals were rewarded bases on stars and wins...so extra stars were well worth it. Since they revamped the rewards system, the incentive for win/star trading has been reduced drastically.
    Last edited by chajado67; September 5th, 2019 at 07:33 PM.

win-trading ban should have a father reach other than just CWL. Farm wars such as FWA and Orange are quasi collusion and win-trading schemes as there's one pre-determined winner

Quote Originally Posted by ClashPlayerZ View Post
    win-trading ban should have a father reach other than just CWL. Farm wars such as FWA and Orange are quasi collusion and win-trading schemes as there's one pre-determined winner
    The problem with win trading in CWL is two clans are working together to the detriment of other clans in the competition. When two clans in farm wars work together what other clans are they hurting?

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The problem with win trading in CWL is two clans are working together to the detriment of other clans in the competition. When two clans in farm wars work together what other clans are they hurting?
    Those FWA clans should be cast into the pits of hell, for not playing the game "the way it was intended".
    For definition of "the way it was intended".. The way I choose to play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    STAR Wars or Farm Wars whatever is necessary to ruin the fair competition, unhealthy match -ups,
    INACTIVE Players anything to cheat the competition should be severely penalized by the Judge.
    INSIDER WIN TRADING is therefore an unlawful act in the ongoing CWL.
    Last edited by ALMIGHTYPush; September 8th, 2019 at 05:39 AM.