Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Penalties for App Store refunds ?

Centennial Club

Penalties for App Store refunds ?

Recently there was a bunch of special offers for the BB and MV which I purchased for my main and mini accounts.

However, I want to request a refund for some of the BB ones (just my main account).

But I've no idea which purchases correspond to which account, so I'm thinking of requesting refunds across all recent purchases to see which ones haven't been used yet (I expect just a few on my main BB account, but the rest have already been used which is ok) - but in doing so will it trigger any penalties (bans etc) from SC ?

This is a question you should ask in game support... these are player driven forums, we don't have any answers...

you want a refund but you didnt know:
    - which purchases belongs to which accounts
    - which purchases are already used
    am i right?
    it is not like real life purchases. you cant buy offers and than return them and want refund (my pure guesses). the refund should be used for if something went wrong during your inapp purchase.

Centennial Club
    I've got a single Apple ID account, but 2x SC accounts - the purchase history doesn't indicate for which SC account (I made most of the purchases on the same day).

I posted this in the forum as I hoped I'd get a response from someone with experience or knowledge of the matter.

App store refunds are allowed within 14 days as long as you don't use the virtual items purchased (in this case BB runes - which I haven't used at all on my main SC account, and that's what I want a refund for)

If you haven't used the gems yet, and then you request a refund from the App Store, the gems will get deducted automatically from your account. However, I think its best you inform a support staff about this, or you might get hit with a ban.
    Last edited by Clash12344321; September 5th, 2019 at 08:59 AM.

Keep in mind that Supercell reserves the right, and has done this, of several options to penalize the account up to and including banning it.

I hope those refunds are really worth it.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Keep in mind that Supercell reserves the right, and has done this, of several options to penalize the account up to and including banning it.

I hope those refunds are really worth it.
    There's something truly disturbing about SC banning people for requesting a refund on something they didn't even use.

I've seen screenshots from clan mates who requested refunds on unused items within days of purchase, who were informed their account would be deactivated following the refund process.

Not sure I'll pursue the refunds now due to the complications involved with having 2 SC IDs and a single Apple ID, as I don't want to risk a permanent ban over 66 considering I've already wasted a few thousand euros on SC games... But I've abandoned 3 SC games in recent months, only CoC remains for now (but the appeal of clash has diminished for me knowing the BB is all but dead and the MV isn't much fun for me)

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeron View Post
    But I've no idea which purchases correspond to which account, so I'm thinking of requesting refunds across all recent purchases to see which ones haven't been used yet
    Quote Originally Posted by iHeron View Post
    There's something truly disturbing about SC banning people for requesting a refund on something they didn't even use.
    I can't say I agree with you there. I can't imagine why you'd feel it's a legitimate use of Support to buy a bunch of things, spend some, not spend some, then when you're maxed out and don't need some things any more, you go around Supercell to the payment process, request a refund of everything, knowing fully well that you used much of it, and expect someone to sort through your mess and pay you back for whatever you didn't use. Mistakes are one thing. You're expecting some kind of personal shopper experience where you get paid back after-the-fact. This sounds a lot more like abuse of the refund system, so I think we'll close this thread right here.

7. Discussing the abuse or exploitation of service platform, payment, refund, rating or similar systems is strictly prohibited.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 673 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy