Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    This is what I also experience.

CWL is a tool for measuring which clan is the strongest, then it should be impossible to "win" by half a team.

To be promoted must be more profitable.

CWL is like a drug, I have become addicted and have difficulty quitting.
    It already is more profitable. At this late stage there are likely still some ill informed clans that havent realized they are shortchanging themselves but very few. The only other reason to stay below your weight would be a mindset shift that some people refuse to make. if you are used to a very green regular war log, some clans are incapable of altering that perception regardless of how adaptable they claim to be. Their loss, more medals for someone else,

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It already is more profitable. At this late stage there are likely still some ill informed clans that havent realized they are shortchanging themselves but very few. The only other reason to stay below your weight would be a mindset shift that some people refuse to make. if you are used to a very green regular war log, some clans are incapable of altering that perception regardless of how adaptable they claim to be. Their loss, more medals for someone else,
    Exactly mate..
    I am always willing to change.. So long as we always change to my way.

To be fair, mixed hall clans must make a decision.. It has to be either regular or cwl..
    Only the heavy clans can prosper in both..

But you need power to rise in cwl.. And if you leave half your base behind in seeking that power, then your war log is in trouble.
    Sandbaggers/tankers are always welcome in my group.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Since CWL has started I have been in Silver 1 through Master 1. I wouldn’t comment on something if I didn’t know from experience, I am the leader of two different clans who has multiple accounts in various CWL leagues.
    fair enough. all i can say is i see it in silver gold and Crystal. there's always 1-3 clans that in general do several more attacks against us than any of the heavier clans. this generally results in us having better scores against mutual opponents but them beating us.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Exactly mate..
    I am always willing to change.. So long as we always change to my way.

To be fair, mixed hall clans must make a decision.. It has to be either regular or cwl..
    Only the heavy clans can prosper in both..

But you need power to rise in cwl.. And if you leave half your base behind in seeking that power, then your war log is in trouble.
    Sandbaggers/tankers are always welcome in my group.
    Yes, the big difference relates to making your decision based on real information or basing it on wishful thinking. Sandbagging or tanking in CWL is fine as long as you know why you do it and the puts and takes for doing it. Rushing is fine as long as you know that regular wars may be more difficult. Mixed rostering is fine as long as you know that either CWL or regular war may be impacted depending on how you do it. heavy clans can prosper in both CWL and regular war but it comes at the cost of time.

The problem is almost always that we complain and ask for fixes for things that are often in our control. Making informed decisions reduces the need to complain.

Centennial Club

15 cwl m2 jan 2020 season

We finished 1st going 7-0 with 314 stars. The others clans total star scores were 273, 251, 242, 241, 229, 207, 172. We had 10/5 (ten 13s and five 12s). We got like outmatched 2 or 3 wars but our strategy put us on top.

Only 3 clans used every hit everh day. It was us, day 5 and day 6 clan. the other 5 clans missed like 10 hits on day 1 alone, oops.

Day 1: 34-28. They went 3-4, had a 9/6 and finished 5th. They were pretty good, just missed attacks.
    Day 2: 37-25. They went 3-4, had a 11/4 and finished 6th. They were pretty bad, missed some hits but they lucked out on one of the wins due to one of the clans missing 5 hits while they missed 2. Lol.
    Day 3: 35-31. They went 4-3, had a 9/6 and finished 4th (barely!). This was the clan that somehow missed 5 hits against the clan above, then tried every day. It was weird. Their bases offense and defense were also stronger than ours too
    Day 4: 34-29. They went 6-1 and finished 2nd, had a 12/3. They had the strongest bases but every hit was a mirror hit. Bad strat but decent hitters. Missed 2 hits in one of the days but used all hits otherwise.
    Day 5: 33-29. They went 4-3, had a 13/2 and finished 3rd. They were terrible attackers considering they had the most 13s of the group, some had heros down but managed to not miss an attack during the week.
    Day 6: 33-29. They went 1-6, had a 9/6 and finished 7th. I felt sorry for them, they never missed a hit all week and they had a lot of 1 or 2star losses. They definitely didn't deserve 7th in my opinion.
    Day 7: 38-25. They went 0-7, had a 8/4/3 and finished 8th. They were the only clan to have th11s, let alone 3 of them! They tried, often missing 1 or 2 hits a day but they couldn't do much even if they attacked, as even the bad clans in our group got an easy 32-34 stars from them.

Got mixed feelings going into M1 nexr season lol hope it works out

Popovich Family earned 227 stars and got 4th. It seems there are around 4-6 TH13s in C2 on average. One clan had around 8 and easily got promoted. It also seems that TH10s and getting pushed out of the tier.

Our feeder clan got 237 and finsihed 1st, so it's on its way to G2. Even though nearly every war was a mismatch, the majority of the clans do not even use ten of their attacks.
    Popovichtown - #89UPV0PGU
    Clan Tag: #GYVQY9Q9
    TH12 - Level 180 - 45/60/25
    967 War Stars and Counting
    PB: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    Popovich Family earned 227 stars and got 4th. It seems there are around 4-6 TH13s in C2 on average. One clan had around 8 and easily got promoted. It also seems that TH10s and getting pushed out of the tier.

Our feeder clan got 237 and finsihed 1st, so it's on its way to G2. Even though nearly every war was a mismatch, the majority of the clans do not even use ten of their attacks.
    It makes sense that 10s are being squeezed out of C2, as 9s are tending to be outsized in G1 now (2 tiers lower)..
    I also find that activity, or rather the lack of it, is the biggest difference with Gold now..
    That, and the extent of rushing/playing skill.. The size is there now with Gold 1 (except for me)..

But we have had 16 seasons of cwl now, so combine this, along with the treasures it offers, and include everything else that SC include to speed up base progression, and its understandable that war weight is far heavier than at inception..
    It takes more discipline to not grow nowadays..

These simple realities are what makes complaints about cwl being unfair appear ridiculous mate..
    congrats on the promotion btw.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It makes sense that 10s are being squeezed out of C2, as 9s are tending to be outsized in G1 now (2 tiers lower)..
    I also find that activity, or rather the lack of it, is the biggest difference with Gold now..
    congrats on the promotion btw.
    Thanks, it is very interesting in the lower CWL tiers. One clan in our G3 group almost got promoted with using th6s and 5s to round out the roster. The base progression has definitely gotten faster like you said. I think this is also because more clans are choosing to prioritize CWL over regular wars. We are more focused towards regular wars but CWL is fun as well. We have a lot of heavy hitters that only do CWL wars and not regular. To be honest, I would rather have a green war log than a superb CWL log, but to each their own.
    Popovichtown - #89UPV0PGU
    Clan Tag: #GYVQY9Q9
    TH12 - Level 180 - 45/60/25
    967 War Stars and Counting
    PB: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    Thanks, it is very interesting in the lower CWL tiers. One clan in our G3 group almost got promoted with using th6s and 5s to round out the roster. The base progression has definitely gotten faster like you said. I think this is also because more clans are choosing to prioritize CWL over regular wars. We are more focused towards regular wars but CWL is fun as well. We have a lot of heavy hitters that only do CWL wars and not regular. To be honest, I would rather have a green war log than a superb CWL log, but to each their own.
    agree mate.. Pretty much on everything.