Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    You should see Crystal 1. we are demoting for sure. first war is 25 th12, 5 11. i am thinking maxers are getting pushed down the tiers in CWL.
    yeah.. I agree.. CWL is becoming a rushers playground thru the middle tiers..
    My first war in G2, I am running 2/1/5/7.. One 12 is rushed, and a couple of the 9s are new.. Dont build bows on the 9s cos they are war bases..
    Oppo ran 5/5/5.. they only attacked 5 times for 10 stars.. Hardest part is every hit is up, excepy for my top base, which is a 12 (plus my mate put in an attack yesterday).. Won it 25-10.

Today, am against the runaway leaders (even after first day, they are 16 stars ahead, as I am/was lying 2nd).. They are heavy on 12s and 11s.. Checked at break time.. They were dismantling my bases.. Are mainly dips and double dips, so they only need to show up.

Good thing is, even after 1 day, I expect to survive another season.. Bottom 4 barely attacked yesterday
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 4th, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That is unusually low for Crystal 1. Last season most of our wars we faced 10-12 TH12s, while we had 12, and won every war. This season in masters 3 we have 14 TH12, and will still probably struggle.
    It may be unusually low, but again second round in the C1 30v, 20 th12, 9 th11 and 1 th10. In the 15v it's 5 th12, 5 th11 and 5 th10. What the heck is going on?

It would seem that 15v is less competitive at C1 perhaps?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; December 4th, 2019 at 12:42 PM.

Seems to be 3 choices..
    Get serious, and join a heavy clan with a big maxish base..
    Rush your accounts to 12, then back fill..
    Continue as normal, and accept that if you want regular war bases, a lower tier in cwl will have to do.. unless you war at heavy weights anyway..

On yesterdays opponents, my 6 attacks using 9s resulted in a total of 4 stars.. their bottom halls were TH10 ring bases, with a break between the outer and the core.. The valks I pre cook dont like to cross open ground so were doomed to fail..
    In return, they took me for 44 stars.. Only base that held was the only decent 12 I carry..

Not surprising, if we swapped clans, I would prob have done the same.. Progression is really telling now.
    Will still end the week 4th, which is about normal.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 5th, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

Mini clan still punching above it's weight in gold 3, mainly due to the inactivity of other bases.

Main focus is regular wars so no intention of rushing any of these little guys in the future.

Biggest problem I have is fitting all the attacks in to be honest.

Well blow me.. looks like a bit of tanking going on in my group..
    I leapfrogged 2nd and 3rd yesterday, courtesy of 2nd letting me win, and the ex 3rd place not attacking at all vs the leaders..

Narrow loss to the now 4th place today, but still have a gap.. And what should be an easy day 6..
    Is looking that simply by plugging away, the chances are I will finally be promoted..

So much for fearing relegation..
    Hall disparity, and looking at the system at face value blown to pieces..

Centennial Club
    M2 15 cwl, we're in the top 3. This group is motivated as pretty much most clans haven't missed attacks.

We've actually got a VERY competitive group if I'm honest. All 8 clans are actually playing and not giving up. 2 clans 4/5th, 3 clans at the bottom which keep changing positions, 3 at the top where the 1st place got beaten by the one in 5th. Very intense indeed.

On day 6 and currently the stars are: 220,219,218,177,172,151,150,140
    Last edited by Oblivionn; December 8th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.

Centennial Club

This season was great for us

15 cwl M2, finally had an all 12 roster for once. We finished 2nd with 286 stars and had one of the weaker all 12 rosters.
    Every clan had an all 12 roster except the 8th which had 12 th12 3 th11s. There wasn't many missed attacks in our group

Day 1: we won 33-30. Just typical edrag users. They went 2-5 (won 2 lost 5), finished 201 stars and 6th
    Day 2: 33-26. They were... Weird. They were stronger but mostly tried to experiment with creative armies but some backfired heavily. 1-6 for them, finished 192stars and 7th
    Day 3: 33-26 again. They were probably the most inactive of our group but also one of the strongest, often missing 1 attack most days. They also lost to 7th but somehow won against 3rd. 4-3, they finished 233stars and 4th
    Day 4: 29-31. They were knowledgeable, one of the strongest and had one of the best war layouts. Attacking was good but not the best in our group. 7-0, finished 289stars and are this groups winners
    Day 5: 33-24 felt sorry for them, they didn't have an all 12 roster. They did wreck the 7th place clan and tried hard everyday. Decent attacks. 1-6, finished 188stars and 8th
    Day 6: 32-29 the most normal of our group, similar roster strength to us. Good strategy and organization but had some unlucky 1stars. 3-4, finished with 232stars and 5th
    Day 7: 33-28. They were similar to day 2 but had the strongest bases and layouts. When they lost twice, they started missing 1 attack every other day afterwards. They were undefeated since Silver 1 but looks like their streak ended here. 4-3, finished 253stars and 3rd.

From the above, it looks like bringing th11 and below hurts, especially next season and onwards where there will be th13 bases. Hope it helps when others asking what typical rosters look like in this tier.

P. S we seem to have gotten the lucky 33 a lot lol
    Last edited by Oblivionn; December 11th, 2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivionn View Post
    15 cwl M2, finally had an all 12 roster for once. We finished 2nd with 286 stars and had one of the weaker all 12 rosters.
    Every clan had an all 12 roster except the 8th which had 12 th12 3 th11s. There wasn't many missed attacks in our group

Day 1: we won 33-30. Just typical edrag users. They went 2-5 (won 2 lost 5), finished 201 stars and 6th
    Day 2: 33-26. They were... Weird. They were stronger but mostly tried to experiment with creative armies but some backfired heavily. 1-6 for them, finished 192stars and 7th
    Day 3: 33-26 again. They were probably the most inactive of our group but also one of the strongest, often missing 1 attack most days. They also lost to 7th but somehow won against 3rd. 4-3, they finished 233stars and 4th
    Day 4: 29-31. They were knowledgeable, one of the strongest and had one of the best war layouts. Attacking was good but not the best in our group. 7-0, finished 289stars and are this groups winners
    Day 5: 33-24 felt sorry for them, they didn't have an all 12 roster. They did wreck the 7th place clan and tried hard everyday. Decent attacks. 1-6, finished 188stars and 8th
    Day 6: 32-29 the most normal of our group, similar roster strength to us. Good strategy and organization but had some unlucky 1stars. 3-4, finished with 232stars and 5th
    Day 7: 33-28. They were similar to day 2 but had the strongest bases and layouts. When they lost twice, they started missing 1 attack every other day afterwards. They were undefeated since Silver 1 but looks like their streak ended here. 4-3, finished 253stars and 3rd.

From the above, it looks like bringing th11 and below hurts, especially next season and onwards where there will be th13 bases. Hope it helps when others asking what typical rosters look like in this tier.

P. S we seem to have gotten the lucky 33 a lot lol
    Interesting stuff mate.. agree with the 11s going forward..
    3rd season in G2 for me.. And the worst yet..
    G2 showed its true colours..

The winners finished over 100 stars ahead.. they were Level 14, had a heavy set up, and can play and build..
    My thoughts are that they farm wins, and prob switch to an alt for next season, so they can rinse repeat.. Far too good for the tier..

The group swung on day 3.. 2nd place didnt come back to the board to finish me off.. Only did around 10 attacks, and I beat them 26-24 I think (details are gone).. They never recovered, and continued to struggle.. My guess is something happened at the clan..

3rd place didnt attack at all that day against the leaders, and continued from there to stay below me.. They are win farmers too.. Am guessing they think that since they didnt try on day 3, it doesnt count.. They beat me, but no respect for them.. They are pure sandbaggers.. Considered throwing last 2 wars, so they leapfrog me with their win.. But that would be silly of me, to cut my nose off simply to spite them..

As for the rest.. I prob had the lightest clan, but used my heaviest accounts..
    Others had the accounts, but many were putting lowers in, and 4 days I faced no cc troops..
    Finished 2nd easily in the end, and am promoted.. But so disappointing..
    Seems like a wasted week, when it was a mix of sandbaggers and no effort clans..

Lets see what G1 has to offer.. And may my god go with me lol.. I hope he has a big account.. Will prob need it.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 11th, 2019 at 07:06 AM.

First time in Master 2 and we won by 8 stars. I figure Master 1 will be pretty tough, only expecting to win 2 or 3 wars next season there.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    First time in Master 2 and we won by 8 stars. I figure Master 1 will be pretty tough, only expecting to win 2 or 3 wars next season there.
    Nice one.. Rolled straight thru.. You may well be ready for M1