Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Update: we are now in last place. I 1-starred a th10 today. I need an invisibility cloak, anyone got one?
    At least you will still get a decent amount of rewards, everyone throws a few eggs now and then. Even in lower leagues you will get a lot of practice fighting bases with no scout and next season you will probably rank closer to the top and then have more of those juicy bonuses to hand out
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Update: we are now in last place. I 1-starred a th10 today. I need an invisibility cloak, anyone got one?
    Great post zeldagod.
    Thanks for posting and keeping it real.
    It happens to everyone from time to time, and too often for my liking in my case.

Such a refreshing change from the chest thumping that tends to be more the norm around forum.
    Now, all the readers, that dont bother posting, will know community forum isnt only for coc gods lol.

Welcome to my world mate.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Just had one of my clanmates say there is something wrong with a system that lets you win all your wars and not finish top.

Which looks likely to be what happens this season to us.

We have good bases, but are only really average attackers, so we win our wars because we don't concede very many stars, even though we only get a very average amount ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Just had one of my clanmates say there is something wrong with a system that lets you win all your wars and not finish top.

We have good bases, but are only really average attackers, so we win our wars because we don't concede very many stars, even though we only get a very average amount ourselves.
    And he probably has a very good point Ajax.
    But, unfortunately, as you of course are aware, cwl is more about scoring yourselves, than preventing the opposition from scoring.
    Even though, in reality, defending is as big a part of the game as good attacking.. Generally speaking.

Still, it is what it is.. The format has its rules and requirements, same as any other format.
    I am good with what SC decided to use as the governing factors for cwl.

As an aside.. At least your base building will always set you up to be competitive in regular war.
    That would be more important to me than cwl anyway..
    Congrats on winning all 7 BTW
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; September 8th, 2019 at 10:36 PM.

Sometimes that is the most ideal situation, it happened to us but was the reverse and we won 6 of 7 wars and were promoted. The next season we only won 2 wars so there were less bonuses to hand out than if we had stayed.

We have some good attackers and war strategy is followed but we will rank about 3rd in Crystal 1 and 4th in Gold 1 this time.

Edit: Internet being weird and messing up my post
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; September 8th, 2019 at 10:49 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    And he probably has a very good point Ajax.
    She does, although I would say more "odd" than necessarily "wrong". And it is an outlier I think, not something that is going to happen often.

But, unfortunately, as you of course are aware, cwl is more about scoring yourselves, than preventing the opposition from scoring.
    Indeed.

If you take away the win bonuses, they have 203 from 6 wars, we have 187.

Even though, in reality, defending is as big a part of the game as good attacking.. Generally speaking.
    It has become more so since the new legend league introduction.

Still, it is what it is.. The format has its rules and requirements, same as any other format.
    I am good with what SC decided to use as the governing factors for cwl.
    Agreed. We know what the rules are, and play according to them.

It isn't impossible that we could score 9 more than them this war, and possibly get promoted. This clan are hopelessly outclassed (they only have 65 stars from 6 wars!), so we will probably get around 40 from them. And the leaders are playing the 3rd place clan, so could get less than the previous low of 32.

As an aside.. At least your base building will always set you up to be competitive in regular war.
    That would be more important to me than cwl anyway..
    Congrats on winning all 7 BTW
    We are actually tending to play more CWL now. We used to 2 wars a week before it came along, but now tend to only do 3-4 between CWL seasons. And we don't have a good overall record, though it has been improving recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

War 6 finishing. Will be win 4. War 7 is against a clan very close with us. Probably a tossup. We could end up anywhere from 2nd to 4th. The obvious top clan is moving up. The bottom two deserve to move down. They have attacked but smh. When you dip attack with a th11 on a new th9...because your mature 9 couldnt get a star? and 30v30 is a very different animal than 15v15. Top third plus a couple is consistently 12s. The mix below that is what wins. This war, we faced a few one cannon wonders that our 9s and 10s crushed. Others, 9s and 10s against heavy 11s and 10s. Still, happy with where we are.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    War 6 finishing. Will be win 4. War 7 is against a clan very close with us. Probably a tossup. We could end up anywhere from 2nd to 4th. The obvious top clan is moving up. The bottom two deserve to move down. They have attacked but smh. When you dip attack with a th11 on a new th9...because your mature 9 couldnt get a star? and 30v30 is a very different animal than 15v15. Top third plus a couple is consistently 12s. The mix below that is what wins. This war, we faced a few one cannon wonders that our 9s and 10s crushed. Others, 9s and 10s against heavy 11s and 10s. Still, happy with where we are.
    30v30 is a mess. I completely get why champion doesnt offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    i loved the mix with the 30v at the old clan. It kept me there a while longer before I left.
    In Crystal 3, you never knew what you were gonna face, or even if it made a difference how big they were for much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    We are in Masters1 playing 15v15. 6 of the clans have over 15 th12s. However, despite our clan having 20 th12s, we probably won't have 15 th12s in any of the wars, so it is hard to judge just based on numbers until we get to the actual wars. The last time we were in M1 we got spanked and sent back to M2.
    Well we finished 4th in M1 with between 1 and 5 th11s depending on the war. We had 3 wins. We would have had 4 wins and 3rd place if not for a missed attack. The guy felt so bad he quit but came back a couple days later.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.