Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    We don't want to settle into any league. We were stuck in M2 for quite a while trying to get out and were happy to get into M1 this season, even though we thought we would get destroyed. We ended up doing better than we thought we would, although next season we could get a tougher group and get slammed. What is fun for us is trying to win every war and trying to push up as high as we can. We are trying to be active in the "off season" to upgrade as much as we can. We definitely are stronger than we were a few months ago, but of course other clans are too.
    We were pretty much doing the same thing. In case you missed the earlier part, I did mention that for the past 4 seasons, my clan went all out to try our best to win, so we weren't tanking to stay in M3. There was always one clan that did better than the rest or had slight advantage with a stronger roster to edge past us for the top spot. Likewise, we were progressing in upgrades as well, and had a few fresh TH12s. I do not observe severe lopsidedness in the past few seasons, so my guess is things are beginning to even out, at the same time, clans are progressing with upgrades at a similar pace. Maybe it won't be that bad as I imagined, but we can only find out when we get to M2. The nightmare we had when we got promoted to M2 in the earlier seasons still lingers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    We were pretty much doing the same thing. In case you missed the earlier part, I did mention that for the past 4 seasons, my clan went all out to try our best to win, so we weren't tanking to stay in M3. There was always one clan that did better than the rest or had slight advantage with a stronger roster to edge past us for the top spot. Likewise, we were progressing in upgrades as well, and had a few fresh TH12s. I do not observe severe lopsidedness in the past few seasons, so my guess is things are beginning to even out, at the same time, clans are progressing with upgrades at a similar pace. Maybe it won't be that bad as I imagined, but we can only find out when we get to M2. The nightmare we had when we got promoted to M2 in the earlier seasons still lingers though.
    Understand where you are coming from. A bit lower level but we always go full out. We hit crystal 1 in 15 v 15 a while back. Fought with everything we had and got smashed. Back to 2, won. Got smashed in 1. Recruited like crazy and were able to do 30v30. Finished 3rd in our first c1 round despite going 4/3. Should have won the last war to go 5/2 but we got cocky and had some 0 stars.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

CWL is fun but I'm always releived for it to be over, in our last war in C1 we were fighting for 5-2 with a firm 3rd place. Had the most missed attacks in the last war but enemy side too but we won all the important wars and used all attacks against the hard ones even being way outgunned.

It was a close war against the second place clan, they were 17 TH12 to our 10 TH12 and only won by 1 star with both sides using all 30 attacks so I was very proud of them, despite the narrow loss.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Centennial Club
    We finished 15 CWL M2 at 4th place with 252stars and 8020%. The other positions were: 297, 266, 261, 248, 201, 193, 90stars. 8727%, 8340%, 8075%, 7420%, 6963%, 6753%, 4285%.

I'm happy lol could have done better but we had a lost connection and 3 missed attacks, oops.

I put a detailed post in "scCWL average TH breakdown" by andysedge if ya want more detailed info

Our main finished mid table and our feeder clan finished 3rd after a really bad start. We were totally outmatched every round by town hall levels but won a few down to attendance more that anything else.

Question...does any know if in the lower levels does starting your search later yield less likely to attack opponents?

I'm wondering this because our Silver 1 clan got hammered last CWL, we searched midway through the first day and finished 5th losing all but 2 wars.

This CWL I waited until halfway through the second day to roll in and we rolled winning 6/7 wars and finishing first by a ton of stars. We could have won the first war too, but we had a couple of missed attacks. We were in 30v both times using roughly 1/2 - 2/3 of our attacks (primarily because against many opponents the bottom half of our lineup couldn't get any stars).
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Forum Elder
    we/I spun early in each season at the low clan.
    Since the start was sandbagged, there was no reason to wait.

But, it is looking ever likely that waiting until day 2 will give an easier route.
    The theory that war minded clans spin early sounds credible.

The big but/if is tho.. It will only help if the power differential between yourselves and the opposition isnt too great.
    The theory comes unstuck if the opposition decides to give it a go, or the opposition bases are simply too big to attack.

As with everything in cwl, once you fall below the TH12 rosters, there is a large element of luck attached to the draw.
    For the active mini's down there, if it doesnt work out, then there is always next season.. The lower tiers are populated by mainly low activity clans, but if luck is against you, then you could find yourselves facing clans that sandbagged entry, and are headed north.

End of day 1 for my mini clan in Gold 3

First round:

Our line up - 2 x town hall 9, 5 x town hall 8, 7 x town hall 7 and 1 x town hall 6.

Enemy line up - 2 x town hall 12, 9 x town hall 10, 3 x town hall 9 & 1 x town hall 8.

Loss 14 to 39 we made all 15 attacks they made 13. In all reality they should have had a full house, we might have managed 15 if I hit a fresh 10 with one of my town hall 9 attacks instead of trying to clear a town hall 9 that had already been hit for a 1 star. Oh well on to day 2.

End of day 1 league position 5th, our opponents are in the top spot.

Second round we face 2nd in the group:

Enemy line up - 1 x town hall 12, 5 x town hall, 2 x town hall 10, 6 x town hall 9 and 1 x town hall 8.

Might do a little better here with more town hall 9, wish me luck!

Millennial Club
    First season in crystal 1. Bit overmatched despite picking up a couple more th12's. However, we should finish top 3, so we're still having some fun. Pain in the first few minutes of each day is deciding if I should try to 2 star the top 2 bases with my 2 brand new th11's or not. Once that is decided, it's pretty simple.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

Forum Elder
    Gold 2 this season.. should finish 4th on paper.. My mate cant make any wars this week, so running a dummy 12.
    First war was an easy win.. Top after day 1.. scored 38 stars.

Day 2, against the heaviest guys.. Nightmare.. A series of events ie. sleep deprivation, pre cooked troops, lack of time, big opposition, coupled to just a real bad day led to my worst score with this clan, and the first lost war day since I started here.. 16 stars, including a nice 12v11 3 star dip.. on a base that had already been 2 starred.. That darned map is a bit tight unless you are concentrating on what you are doing.. not the first time I hit the wrong base by mistake.
    Anyway, finished the day 4th.. Havent opened the game yet to see whats next, but is against the bottom clan.. Hope the valks run a little better today.
    Already seeing a gap open up between the top 4 and the bottom 4.. But at least some competition is evident in the gold 2 tier.