Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    Hi,

Mainclan in crystal1 is doing well with 8 Th12 (2 max, 1 rushed, rest midway) 6-7 Th11 (max to new) 0-1 Th10 (they missed to hop to sideclan ;-)

3 wins until now but the heavier enemies are coming... interesting and challanging attacks...

Sideclan in silver1 with 5 Th10 2 Th9 1 Th8 3 th7 2 th6 2 th5
    On paper we are far outmatched. Enemies have 1 to 8 Th12 and TH11, but some didn't used them...

We won 2 out of 3 wars due to more activity (we got 9 to 11 attacks). We will win 2 more wars and finish 4th. It's not so funny like in the main clan, but we'll get more medals here and it's a good training to pick the right village you can threestar...

So all in all a nice variety to normal clan live...
    Sounding good Zion.
    As you said, those lower tiers are more about activity than size.
    I have seen some crazy big rosters, but then they dont attack.
    Your side clan guys will learn to ignore what is facing them, and concentrate simply on scoring.
    Even in Gold 3 this season it is much the same.. After day 4, I will be over 40 stars in the lead, even though my roster is well weighted for the tier, but by no means the heaviest.. Have faced 2 heavier ones so far, one of them super big, yet they only did 4 attacks for 7 stars.. Dont figure mate.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; September 6th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

Been knocking around in Crystal I for some time now, so I have a good feel for the tier.

"Standard" team is about 6 12s, 6 11s and 3 10s. Sometimes a bit stronger. Sometimes weaker. There is usually one or two clans that are clearly just meat for the rest, and one or two that dominate, as they brought 8 12s instead of 6.

Last season I encountered one clan with 12 12s. Clan clearly would be bringing in more medals in Masters III, but they were sandbagging to stay in crystal. I couldn't figure why, as the incentive to sandbag is pretty well zero. Couple of extra bonuses do not counter everyone losing 30+ medals each.

This season we face 3 clans with 12-14 TH12.

What am I missing? Why are powerhouse clans suddenly showing up in Crystal? Is Masters III so tough it is kicking powerful teams down to crystal? Is the tier evolving slowly to a much more powerful norm? Am I just unlucky this time around?

Or is there some reason to sandbag that I just don't get?

CWL is doing exactly as it intended. All the good clans are moving up to champion league. Master 3 and master 2 are getting more n more watered down with poor base design and run of the mill attackers

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Been knocking around in Crystal I for some time now, so I have a good feel for the tier.

"Standard" team is about 6 12s, 6 11s and 3 10s. Sometimes a bit stronger. Sometimes weaker. There is usually one or two clans that are clearly just meat for the rest, and one or two that dominate, as they brought 8 12s instead of 6.

Last season I encountered one clan with 12 12s. Clan clearly would be bringing in more medals in Masters III, but they were sandbagging to stay in crystal. I couldn't figure why, as the incentive to sandbag is pretty well zero. Couple of extra bonuses do not counter everyone losing 30+ medals each.

This season we face 3 clans with 12-14 TH12.

What am I missing? Why are powerhouse clans suddenly showing up in Crystal? Is Masters III so tough it is kicking powerful teams down to crystal? Is the tier evolving slowly to a much more powerful norm? Am I just unlucky this time around?

Or is there some reason to sandbag that I just don't get?
    It's mostly evolution you are seeing so yes, the tier is evolving slowly to a much more powerful norm. You should try searching at the end of CWL signup for a bit of better matches but even still, we are in C1 as well and have one clan with 19 TH12 and 19 TH11 signed up and just 6 TH12 would be about 5th ranked in our CWL.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Have to keep in mind that not everyone can play well too.
    There isnt much anyone can do without the tools, but the tools still dont make the man.
    Even in Gold 3, I have faced 2 heavy clans, but neither gave it much of a go, once I started hitting.
    And neither hit much with the attacks they did before I started.
    At the end of day 6, I am 82 stars in front, and almost 1,500 destruction ahead of 2nd place.

I agree with Major tho.. The tiers will be gaining weight every season.
    And the biggest difference will be filtering down from higher up the chain.

We are in C1 running 5 TH12 and 10 TH11
    Most clans we were up against were running 7+ TH12 but some of these were rushed.
    So far we are sitting 2nd, with the 1st place and us both undefeated. We have just finished our 6th war, So the last war is 1 v 2 for 1st place.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 14 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L55 | BK: 55| GW 30 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo1234 View Post
    CWL is doing exactly as it intended. All the good clans are moving up to champion league. Master 3 and master 2 are getting more n more watered down with poor base design and run of the mill attackers
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    We are in C1 running 5 TH12 and 10 TH11
    Most clans we were up against were running 7+ TH12 but some of these were rushed.
    So far we are sitting 2nd, with the 1st place and us both undefeated. We have just finished our 6th war, So the last war is 1 v 2 for 1st place.
    I agree cwl is performing as intended.
    But maybe you are doing some of those clans a little disservice by calling it "watered down".
    I would prefer to say they are closer to average standard than the ones above them.. The closer to the business end they are, the more above average they are, either with their progression or attacking/base building ability.

In my view, from what I have seen and read, there are cut off points withing the leagues, that are determinate on given criteria.
    At the low end, there are the low activity clans.. So far, gold 3 is the highest I have seen within this bracket.
    Above that, there is a blend of size/weight and ability.. Cut off point for that probably ends mid way through Masters, maybe even M1.
    Above that, the size is already there, so it becomes simply about ability.. i use the term ability as both attacking and base building.

In many cases, having weight advantage holds little or no benefit, since the skills of the account holder still play a big part, within reason.. hence why the mismatch posts tend to be frowned upon.
    If two clans are in the same tier, and both have been playing for a few seasons, then there will be reasons they are both in that tier, irrespective of any roster weight discrepancies.

Well done on a good season BTW.. Congrats.

Pro Member
    We’re doing very well thank you - Top Spot will be decided in Round 7 when we meet the Second Place Clan

Quote Originally Posted by PabloB View Post
    We’re doing very well thank you - Top Spot will be decided in Round 7 when we meet the Second Place Clan
    Good luck Pablo.. Go get em mate

Update: we are now in last place. I 1-starred a th10 today. I need an invisibility cloak, anyone got one?
    Town Hall 11
    King: 44 Queen: 40 Warden: 18
    Walls: somewhere between 0 and 300
    Achievements: Too lazy to check
    Clan: Currently in war master, going to start a new one. Information will be posted!