Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

So far, looking good. No obvious tanking. The top 4 is going to be tight. 30v30 seems to be a whole different animal in crystal 1. We are running 12 down to 9s. 11 12s of various stages and 3 9s. Rest even mix heavy 10s and 11s. I think we'll end up 1 today. We matched with a candidate for 6 to 8 rank,
    Expecting to end up somewhere 2 - 4. Just happy everyone is fighting so far.
    Last edited by Piper139; September 4th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Doesn’t look like promotion. I had a great plan for my attack. Didn’t realize the giga Tesla wiped out every damn troop in my army

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    If they wish to tank, then good for you.. We used to always like those match ups, since it helped keep us in the tier and gain the extra bonus.
    I agree there are quite a few that prefer to miss out on promotion.. Preferring instead to have an easier time in cwl, and gain a few extra bonus hand outs.
    Maybe its time to get rid of those bonus packs, just to see if it gets folk moving a little.
    I don't think it is just the bonus packs that attract people to stay in lower leagues, since it depends on the leaders on how they distribute them. If they make it more attractive to move to higher leagues by increasing the overall rewards with each league promotion, it will perhaps motivate people to try harder. Also, most players prefer to win. I mean, how many actually like getting their a$$es whipped for 7 days straight? I certainly won't enjoy it, and would prefer to take less rewards to have fun for the week.

Currently in M3, just finished our first round. They had 4 more TH12s, but we had better bases and attacks. Tied in the number of stars, won by destruction percentage. Round 2 is evenly matched.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So far, looking good. No obvious tanking. The top 4 is going to be tight. 30v30 seems to be a whole different animal in crystal 1. We are running 12 down to 9s. 11 12s of various stages and 3 9s. Rest even mix heavy 10s and 11s. I think we'll end up 1 today. We matched with a candidate for 6 to 8 rank,
    Expecting to end up somewhere 2 - 4. Just happy everyone is fighting so far.
    We are in Crystal 1 as well with about 13 TH12 of various stages and the rest are TH11. We have one war with up to 19 TH12 and the rest TH11 but the rest seem doable if we have good participation. We have around 3rd or 4th most TH12's but we have the most TH11's.

I think we will rank between #2 and #4 as well and I am quite happy with that.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; September 4th, 2019 at 12:55 AM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    I don't think it is just the bonus packs that attract people to stay in lower leagues, since it depends on the leaders on how they distribute them. If they make it more attractive to move to higher leagues by increasing the overall rewards with each league promotion, it will perhaps motivate people to try harder. Also, most players prefer to win. I mean, how many actually like getting their a$$es whipped for 7 days straight? I certainly won't enjoy it, and would prefer to take less rewards to have fun for the week.

Currently in M3, just finished our first round. They had 4 more TH12s, but we had better bases and attacks. Tied in the number of stars, won by destruction percentage. Round 2 is evenly matched.
    I would totally agree.
    But I try to break it down into sections..
    The bonus packs, they can do something about.
    improving margins between tiers gets more difficult, as they either take away from the bottom, or increase at the top.. not sure SC would buy into that.. Also dont think its fair on bottom if they decided to lower, as they get few enough already.. it could simply push them away.
    As for liking to win/potentially easier week.. That one cant be changed, since it would go against fundamental beliefs and necessities for fun to become pushers.

But, they can change what they can change, without causing too much fuss.. Step by step mate.
    They already stopped the low level farming.

In Crystal I. So far has definitely seen an increase in the amount of TH12s, 11s, 10s. In a 30 war roster the first 2 wars they had mostly 12s, 11s and a few 10s where as we were fairly even spread 12s,11s,10s and 2 9s. What I am consistantly seeing though is the 12s 11s 10s etc tend to be failry low heros and a few maxers.. Mostly offence is max though and often it's edrag hits..

All in all as usual not a fun week, but hey what to do. We go down we probably come back up again. We fight to stay up and finish 5th getting smashed most of the time and winning 2.
    Clan Name: DV II Clan Tag: #LUL2P9RG.
    Clan Details: Adult, English speaking, International, War Clan, CWL, Clan Games
    Recruitment Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...games-LUL2P9RG

TMBG is in Cr1 with a 7/13/8/2 line. First two wars we are heavily outnumbered in 12s, but generally have more TH11 attacks. opponent generally doesn't go down to th9 like we do though. Currently facing a clan with 18/7/5.

Oddly, we rolled through Cr2. Either we had a cruddy group last time, or the step up from Cr2 to Cr1 is just massive. I can buy this though because of the demote 2 promote 1 going on in Masters. It just pretty much ruins competitiveness in Crystal.

In Silver 1, it's mostly th10/9 bases. We're in 30v with half of our clan below 8 LOL! Same thing last CWL. There will probably be a couple other clans like us but mostly we will be heavily outmatched.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; September 4th, 2019 at 02:08 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    TMBG is in Cr1 with a 7/13/8/2 line. First two wars we are heavily outnumbered in 12s, but generally have more TH11 attacks. opponent generally doesn't go down to th9 like we do though. Currently facing a clan with 18/7/5.

Oddly, we rolled through Cr2. Either we had a cruddy group last time, or the step up from Cr2 to Cr1 is just massive. I can buy this though because of the demote 2 promote 1 going on in Masters. It just pretty much ruins competitiveness in Crystal.

In Silver 1, it's mostly th10/9 bases. We're in 30v with half of our clan below 8 LOL! Same thing last CWL. There will probably be a couple other clans like us but mostly we will be heavily outmatched.
    For Crystal 1 you are doing great as long as you can avoid being demoted, in your low clan you should try seeding a new clan next CWL and you might place higher.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Am finding time the hardest factor.. On shift, with 14 raids, as well as donating and cc filling.
    Easy league so splitting accounts between loons and valk, so I can cook for next day straight after raid.
    Will come unstuck if I get to the point where I need to see the base before cooking troops.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Am finding time the hardest factor.. On shift, with 14 raids, as well as donating and cc filling.
    Easy league so splitting accounts between loons and valk, so I can cook for next day straight after raid.
    Will come unstuck if I get to the point where I need to see the base before cooking troops.
    Generally better to focus on less at a time though I've got like 10 in CWL and a maybe 5 or so for normal war too.