Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

Last CWL we were in M3 and got crushed, only won 1 or 2 wars and got demoted.

Still waiting on stragglers before we spin but we have a bit of a heavier roster than last time so we'll see.

Forum Fleapit is in Crystal 1 too and spun in the first couple hours of CWL and 2 clans they will face that have 22 and 21 TH12's signed up.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    first up are the big boys.. 6x 12s, 4x 11s, and 4x 10s, and a 9.. Guess they have a couple of TH10 opt outs..Goodness knows how they are down here in Gold 3..
    only time will tell whether they sandbagged first season. or if they simply suffer from low turn out.
    Will be hitting up most of this one, then it should be cruise control for rest of week.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; September 2nd, 2019 at 08:08 PM.

Centennial Club
    Crystal 1 seems about the same mostly half th12s and half TH11s with a few TH10s in there, we compete with usually 5 TH12s, 4 TH11s, 6 TH10s and somehow we manage to hit 5th or 6th, we are usually about the weakest by base in our groups...but there are some rushed bases so if you have skill you can win 2 or 3 wars and stay up.....it is actually competitive. We usually finish 6th and eventually we could get demoted, it is pretty top heavy but we seem to find at least 2 or 3 we beat maybe one is a fair match and the rest we pull off with luck...

Curious because down in Crystal 2 and 3 you find the same TH12-11 heavy clans but most are fighting for wins and not medals, and are avoiding promotion....Easy for us when a clan that should beat us, and could beat us, skips 2-4 attacks and we take the war by 1-2 points at least that was what we were used to in Crystal 2, then towards the end you see the 2 clans who should be promoted intentionally trying to land #3 and #4....it is kinda funny....maybe CWL is more about wins to them than those precious medals...but I guess it is no different than clans getting demoted under the old medal system to get more stars and medals.....except now they seem content with staying in a lower tier and collecting loot than getting more medals or being promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    first up are the big boys.. 6x 12s, 4x 11s, and 4x 10s, and a 9.. Guess they have a couple of TH10 opt outs..Goodness knows how they are down here in Gold 3..
    only time will tell whether they sandbagged first season. or if they simply suffer from low turn out.
    Will be hitting up most of this one, then it should be cruise control for rest of week.
    They are either really bad attackers or they just attack with 1/3 of the accounts.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Ok so we finally spun war in Crystal 1 in the last 90 minutes of CWL signup.

What is interesting is that I am doing CWL in forum fleapit with a base and they are in Crystal 1 too and they searched for CWL in the first couple hours.

A bit of a one off sub set but our matches searching at the end of CWL are around 20% weaker on average.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Crystal 1 seems about the same mostly half th12s and half TH11s with a few TH10s in there, we compete with usually 5 TH12s, 4 TH11s, 6 TH10s and somehow we manage to hit 5th or 6th, we are usually about the weakest by base in our groups...but there are some rushed bases so if you have skill you can win 2 or 3 wars and stay up.....it is actually competitive. We usually finish 6th and eventually we could get demoted, it is pretty top heavy but we seem to find at least 2 or 3 we beat maybe one is a fair match and the rest we pull off with luck...

Curious because down in Crystal 2 and 3 you find the same TH12-11 heavy clans but most are fighting for wins and not medals, and are avoiding promotion....Easy for us when a clan that should beat us, and could beat us, skips 2-4 attacks and we take the war by 1-2 points at least that was what we were used to in Crystal 2, then towards the end you see the 2 clans who should be promoted intentionally trying to land #3 and #4....it is kinda funny....maybe CWL is more about wins to them than those precious medals...but I guess it is no different than clans getting demoted under the old medal system to get more stars and medals.....except now they seem content with staying in a lower tier and collecting loot than getting more medals or being promoted.
    If they wish to tank, then good for you.. We used to always like those match ups, since it helped keep us in the tier and gain the extra bonus.
    I agree there are quite a few that prefer to miss out on promotion.. Preferring instead to have an easier time in cwl, and gain a few extra bonus hand outs.
    Maybe its time to get rid of those bonus packs, just to see if it gets folk moving a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    They are either really bad attackers or they just attack with 1/3 of the accounts.
    It turned out to be the latter mate.. 4 attacks for 7 stars, dont figure.
    I struggled at the bottom.. Had 3x 0 star fails (2 against the same base), and a 1 star.. Other 12 in my line up is out of town this week, so is purely a dummy base.
    Managed to scrape a 26 star against them, leaving us 2nd at close of play.. Guess its another easy season from here.. cant see anyone challenging other than whom we just had.. Gold 2 next I guess.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post

What is interesting is that I am doing CWL in forum fleapit with a base and they are in Crystal 1 too and they searched for CWL in the first couple hours.

A bit of a one off sub set but our matches searching at the end of CWL are around 20% weaker on average.
    Nice one Major.. Just what you predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Nice one Major.. Just what you predicted.
    Actually what you predicted but I find it a little easier to spin late to allow time for people to move clans. I'm not sure I've ever spun the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post

I would attribute the weaker showing of clans due to the fact the more war focused clans plan and spin asap once cwl starts. but 24 hours into the season you might find those clans that are spinning are the more casual ones, and might be the first co-lead/leader logging in since cwl start to hit the button.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I would attribute the weaker showing of clans due to the fact the more war focused clans plan and spin asap once cwl starts. but 24 hours into the season you might find those clans that are spinning are the more casual ones, and might be the first co-lead/leader logging in since cwl start to hit the button.
    Would only really be useful around Crystal tiers though I hadn't really thought of it until Josh mentioned it a few weeks ago. It was a little coincidence that I was doing CWL in 2 clans in the same league and they would be searching at the open and close of CWL signup. The difference isn't that big, maybe between winning 1-2 wars.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; September 3rd, 2019 at 11:44 PM.