Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: So, how is cwl shaping up?

So, as mentioned last season, my clan got promoted to M2. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as I initially predicted. We ended up in 3rd seat after the season was over. We could've done better if we took the safer approach of going for the safe 2 stars instead of going for 3 all the time. Our TH11s suffered a bit though, one of them being unable to get 8 stars to receive full rewards (not that he is terrible, we had to cycle others in as well, but going up against TH12s was tough). We also gained less loot from getting more losses, but that is easily replaceable from farming. Overall, it wasn't great, but not completely unpleasant as I first thought it would be.

Centennial Club
    Another observation I'm seeing is that more clans definitely seems to be more cwl focused.

Pretty much every clan in our group has a few members being "borrowed" for the cwl week, then those members go back to their own clans. So realistically they get to enjoy easier normal wars due to less 12s but have those 12s from another clan join in for cwl. Win-win for them.

Gonna be interesting to see how the th13 shifts cwl meta. Will there be more 12s rushing to 13? Or will they message their th13 friends to come and play in the main cwl clan?

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivionn View Post
    Another observation I'm seeing is that more clans definitely seems to be more cwl focused.

Pretty much every clan in our group has a few members being "borrowed" for the cwl week, then those members go back to their own clans. So realistically they get to enjoy easier normal wars due to less 12s but have those 12s from another clan join in for cwl. Win-win for them.

Gonna be interesting to see how the th13 shifts cwl meta. Will there be more 12s rushing to 13? Or will they message their th13 friends to come and play in the main cwl clan?
    Rushers will always rush, kids want the big guns NOW!

Even now there is tons of super rushed 12s and I expect it to be the same going into TH13.

We have 3 clans that are pretty full all the time and for CWL everyone shifts into two clans, one for TH11 and TH12, and one for TH10 and under. The TH10 and lower clan we only use for CWL and also do regular wars in the other 2 clans. Our main CWL clan is our heaviest clan but still doubles our TH12s lol
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:36 PM.

Cwl is fun and has a lot of stressful moments with it. My clans fluctuated between champ 1/2 usually finishing c1 in middle of the pack and if we do poorly, get demoted just to stomp through c2 back to c1 the following month. Champs is all fully max th12s so nothing unfair going on.
    The main dif is that c1 clans generally score 32-37 while c2 clans only score 29-32.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    Cwl is fun and has a lot of stressful moments with it. My clans fluctuated between champ 1/2 usually finishing c1 in middle of the pack and if we do poorly, get demoted just to stomp through c2 back to c1 the following month. Champs is all fully max th12s so nothing unfair going on.
    The main dif is that c1 clans generally score 32-37 while c2 clans only score 29-32.
    Heavy stuff Frosty.. Good going.. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Heavy stuff Frosty.. Good going.. Nice one.
    So something a little funny, one of our clan mates is in frosty's clan with his max 12. He is one of our best attackers but his max 12 base wasn't as optimal for weight at the time so I reccomended frosty's clan. This makes me a cheer leader for frosty now #munky2020

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    So something a little funny, one of our clan mates is in frosty's clan with his max 12. He is one of our best attackers but his max 12 base wasn't as optimal for weight at the time so I reccomended frosty's clan. This makes me a cheer leader for frosty now #munky2020
    Small world mate.. Guess we are all related in one way or another.. Nice one Adam and Eve.

Terrible matchmaking.

Matchmaking, yes it is matchmaking. Random delay in time ...

I start CWL at the time I have time. This time it was fit to start ish 0900. But this time matchmaking has not been kind and the last war ish 1500 started.

SC please give us time for when the individual wars start, it facilitates planning.

Last league
    When you first look at our opponents and see both one and two TH higher, motivation can disappear. But when you know the others are struggling to attack everyone, there is always hope of winning.

Many clans seem to have selfish goals with mirror strategy and I understand them well. It is not easy to communicate and to plan (I have it easy, I can talk to myself ...)

My plan was not to start searching the previous leagues, as I did not have time to finish alone. But anyway, a few medals are awarded and I chose to join the games. But once in war, I managed to find time.

My lineup in Silver I:
    1*th12-1*th10-2*th9-11*th8

Our enemy:
    1*th12-2*th11-5*th10-6*th9-1*th8
    1*th11-6*th10-2*th8-1*th7-3*th6
    3*th12-1*th11-5*th10-5*th9-1*th8
    1*th12-1*th11-4*th9-2*th8-2*th7-4*th6-1*th4
    4*th12-4*th10-4*th9-2*th8-1*th7
    2*th11-2*th10-5*th9-5*th8-1*th5
    1*th12-1*th11-2*th10-2*th9-3*th8-3*th7-1*th6-2*th5

Result:
    1st place 277 stars and 7540 % destruction.
    217 stars from attacks and 60 from war wins.

This round I know that there will be no time and have recruited members.
    It will be exciting to see what they can do. No matter what, medals it will be.

Correction, blame on google: o)

Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    SC please give us time for when the individual wars start, it facilitates planning.

That would include clans planning to match together so they can cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    When you first look at our opponents and see both one and two TH higher, motivation can disappear.

Facing a stronger opponent has zero impact on the motivation in our clan. Our goal is the same: get as many stars as we can. Look at their clan and ours and figure out who should attack whatever specific targets that will result in the most stars we can get. It helps my clan to consider it one big war made up of 7 battles. Each battle matters for the stars we can get and if we can get the bonus 10 stars that is great, but even if not, just max out the stars because it is a total of 7 battles that matters in the end, not any one single battle.
    [/QUOTE]

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

"That would include clans planning to match together so they can cheat."
    I think after we got all 7 wars. Like war #1 start 09:00 and last war start 15:00