Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request Board Abuse

Request Board Abuse

Different hoods have different player characteristics so this may not be a problem in all of them.
    I just wonder how common it is though.

I got about 3 players in the hood that really take advantage of the Request board. Every week the results show it is those same 3 that are by far the most heavy takers. They in turn give hardly anything. I feel that it negatively impacts the hood as a whole by draining resources because those particular players are not creating their share. Players do not have to donate but some might feel obligated to then they run out of what they need to run their own farm.

The leading taker averages an incredible net of about 60 per week ( requests - donations = net)(silo items not included). Aside from the continuous board requests the player is constantly posting helps from all directions at same time... boat, truck, town orders. I have to say seeing that pop up in chat all of the time looks quite pathetic.

Some time ago had another marathon taker that averaged around 100 net requests per week. Then he one time posted some chat comment that the hood is not helpful enough and eventually left. I felt that was a plus for hood player resources.

I have reminded players that they need to give also instead of just take, take take.. but the habitual abusers turn a deaf ear.
    Last edited by dtx725; September 13th, 2019 at 08:20 AM.

A request is just that-a request for a donation. If people get tired of same person making too many requests, they will just not donate so much. Problem solved.

As for how common it is-every hood I have been in the higher level players seem to donate more to the lower level players. They just have more barn space and more stuff. But if requestors do not show appreciation or gratitude, donations just seem to dry up.

Remind your players that they do not have to give just because they are asked. The askers will stop asking if no one gives them anything. Why would they stop if their requests are answered?

Pro Member
    Depending on what this person is asking for... you get achievements for helping out. So if it is something quick and easy I would donate. The more valuable things they can hold their breath. Say something in chat, call them out. Let others know that they are not obligated to donate or help if they feel taken advantage of.
    A while back we had one, his name started with a J, who seemed to think that the neighborhood was his personal barn. He would put up a few request a day, open town, truck and boat crates and would even post list of items he needed "to finish his task". We discovered it was much easier just to let him fail. Yes the team suffered in the derby that week but we all knew he was gone at derby end so we just watched and waited. You may have to boot. There is no guilt in booting when it is for the good of the team.
    Right now we have two, that open up every crate they can on their boats, never take boat tasks though, and they are the lowest two on our derby pts board. It is getting old fast. I personally just don't help them. I know that might seem petty, but if I have the choice to give 8 cream to someone doing a boat task or 8 cream to someone who is more of a taker than a giver. The choice is simple.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

We have a rule that the Request facility is used for easy crops only. That way hoodies can donate 10 items and work towards the achievement (patio, gate etc). If anyone runs short of other stuff they can ask in chat.

Anyone can run out of stuff accidently but some are just greedy, or lazy and use their team mates to supplement their barns. If you stop giving they will move on, or you can always polish your boots and help them on their way.
    Clover Girls' 19 adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 85 please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart (or the red bat if its Halloween #2GPVQCVC

This is a non issue for me. You don't want to fill a request, don't. It's really simple.

In our hood, we request to help those that are seeking the gate achievement. And yes, some people ask for high level stuff, no idea if it gets filled or not. I never look at who has requested or donated because I don't care what anyone else does with their stock. No one is forcing anyone to fill those requests. I'm fine ignoring them, and they have never impacted my game play.
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq

Centennial Club
    Are they requesting items for themselves (ice cream/cakes/dairy),or are they requesting really easy crops (wheat/corn)so neighbors can get their achievement?i request well over 100 crops each week to help neighbors get their achievement,and I rarely donate anything as I already have the achievement!!so maybe this neighbors/neighbors are actually trying to help out with getting other neighbors their achievements?i think you can look to see if they are requesting crops or regular items?if it is regular items,you have choice to not fill?

I am with you on that Miss...you can’t micromanage your hood and stay sane....
    I personally encourage use of requests and putting helps up as it benefits everyone, the taker and the giver alike.

Just offering a different perspective ��

Quote Originally Posted by MissBehaving View Post
    This is a non issue for me. You don't want to fill a request, don't. It's really simple.

In our hood, we request to help those that are seeking the gate achievement. And yes, some people ask for high level stuff, no idea if it gets filled or not. I never look at who has requested or donated because I don't care what anyone else does with their stock. No one is forcing anyone to fill those requests. I'm fine ignoring them, and they have never impacted my game play.

If we have, we give... unconditionally. Plain and simple
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Well said....

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    If we have, we give... unconditionally. Plain and simple