Thread: OTTO or gem mine?

OTTO or gem mine?

Today I faced an interesting dilemma.

I had full BB elixir, and builder ready. I could upgrade BM to 30, and unlock OTTO, or upgrade the gem mine.

I chose the gem mine..

I don't need the sixth builder...Today. maybe later.

But an extra 3 or 4 gems per week... well that was actually more useful to me right now.

I will finish the battle machine some day. For now he fights as a 29.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Forum Master
    I assume that you are removing all obstacles from the Builder Base as soon as they spawn, because that will give you an additional 2 gems a day (on average), just like on the Main Base.

As for BM29 compared to BM30 .. It seems that the BM will die just before he destroys the BH, no matter what level he is at so, at least your choice of upgrade will give the Gem Mine a few more hit points thus slowing down enemy troops a little bit.

I've used the BM as cleanup after a good DropMinion spam and at level 30 he CAN destroy the BH, even with a couple of defences targeting him.

OTTO .. well, the number of days I've actually had both builders working on something at the same time, is very, very limited. I did have a FireCrackers and the GemMine upgrading at the same time though, but putting 2 defences down, would just be crazy.

I'm in the 4500s with 2 Double Cannons, 3 Cannons and the Guard Post (and a lot of walls) left at level 8.

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Gem Mine for Me

Forum Legend
    I made the same choice pretty much on my 2nd account. Decided I'll wait til next month BoH to finish off Battle Machine from 29 to 30.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Well it doesn't really matter , there are just few days difference for you to do them both or even if you are not much active . max would take a week

Level 258Maxed TH13

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I assume that you are removing all obstacles from the Builder Base as soon as they spawn, because that will give you an additional 2 gems a day (on average), just like on the Main Base

/Affront
    to clarify, 2 gems per obstacle, so 6 gems per day per base
    (I know Aftront knows this!)

I totally forgot there was even a mine upgrade until I had done my BM and Carts to max... derp

Centennial Club
    Interesting. It was the opposite for me. OTTO was definitely a priority.