Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: iTzu - What is he talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by KJRI View Post
    This is a glitch that should be fixed as soon as possible. Either that or make it possible to target and destroy the decorations. Using it needs to be explicitly forbidden in the WC qualifiers and finals (unless fixed, of course)…

If someone is reading this and wondering what we are talking about, you can just go have a look at Itzu's English Youtube channel and check the video posted on Aug 28 2019 where he explains it...

I'm not blaming Itzu for taking advantage of a glitch in the game (he's not the only one either), but it really needs to be fixed by SC.
    what if it is not a glitch? just a higher level of strategy in the game.

Back in the day decorations used to prevent troops from being spawned on them. So if you wanted to you could surround your base with decorations and force attackers to spawn further from your buildings. Or you could cover up a gap in your base with a decoration.

They removed that part of it, but still allow decorations to mess up the pathing of certain troops. Whether or not this was the intention of Supercell I cannot say. But until they comment one way or the other, we have to play the game as it currently is. That means we can use decorations to our advantage as base builders. The downside is, placing a decoration indicates that there are no traps in there (Itzu mentioned this in a previous video). So there are some downsides to using decorations on your base and as individuals we need to weigh them against the benefits to decide whether or not they are worth it for us.

Millennial Club
    I’d be surprised if this was intended tbh.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJRI View Post
    This is a glitch that should be fixed as soon as possible. Either that or make it possible to target and destroy the decorations. Using it needs to be explicitly forbidden in the WC qualifiers and finals (unless fixed, of course)…

If someone is reading this and wondering what we are talking about, you can just go have a look at Itzu's English Youtube channel and check the video posted on Aug 28 2019 where he explains it...

I'm not blaming Itzu for taking advantage of a glitch in the game (he's not the only one either), but it really needs to be fixed by SC.
    There were bases already using this feature in the ESL live stream qualifiers. I've heard about this feature the first time in March 2019.
    Only SC knows whether it is a glitch or a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    Back in the day decorations used to prevent troops from being spawned on them. So if you wanted to you could surround your base with decorations and force attackers to spawn further from your buildings. Or you could cover up a gap in your base with a decoration.

They removed that part of it, but still allow decorations to mess up the pathing of certain troops. Whether or not this was the intention of Supercell I cannot say. But until they comment one way or the other, we have to play the game as it currently is. That means we can use decorations to our advantage as base builders. The downside is, placing a decoration indicates that there are no traps in there (Itzu mentioned this in a previous video). So there are some downsides to using decorations on your base and as individuals we need to weigh them against the benefits to decide whether or not they are worth it for us.
    exactly. it enhances skill when it comes to base building. it is a tradeoff between harder to detect traps and harder patting for the opponent.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchupitchu View Post
    I’d be surprised if this was intended tbh.....
    It's not intended and it's something we'll address in a future update/patch.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Centennial Club HappySamuraiSama01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thank god! This thing seems really wierd to be acting as a defensive mechanism

Centennial Club

Aaaah really? I've been using this for a while now... I guess redesign is in order. I do hope the patch notes prior to release will inform us of this particular patch. Cheers!

I always thought this fixed a few patches ago. This is old news. Recall rewding it was patched a few updates ago.

I'm glad we got an official word on this. While having this "feature" makes for some interesting base building, it does make it difficult for people that don't know about it. I know I'm using this in some of my bases and have seen people expect to QW an inferno they can't get to. With the ESL play going on and future tournaments it's probably for the best that this gets corrected.