Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: things that ticks a player off in coc

Forum Legend
    "lost connection" can be solved by using the data instead of the wifi connection.

"incomming calls" can be solved by rejecting the call or putting the phone in "night mode".

"co plz" can be solved with a kick.

"the builder base" is not a reason, it's just you being difficult. Solve by never going there or by winning 3 attacks a day.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.18.17.18.16.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

I always make sure when I attack,

1)I have the strongest WiFi signal.
    2)No other streaming services on other devices on my WiFi network
    3)Notifications on my device turned off
    4)Automatic App Updates turned off

Exactly
    Though sometimes I have these same problems
    I have full bars attack and then with 76% about to get 100% it says lost connection and I get internet fixed and it says I never battled and took all my troops
    It's kinda angering 😤

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    The disconnect happens before the game ever tells you there’s a connection problem. So the timeline goes like this.

1. You start the attack
    2. You lose connection
    3. You start placing troops
    4. Game notifies you there’s a connection issue (WiFi signal blinking on screen)
    5. Game notifies you connection was lost and you have to reload (it was trying to reconnect automatically up until now but couldn’t).
    6. You log on and see 0% attack instead of the 60%+ you saw locally. This happens because the connection was lost before you placed any troops.

Now if number 2 and number 3 are switched then when you come back you will see some of your attack went through. Better results if you were able to get most/all troops and spells down prior to the connection failing.

^^^This.

I’m guessing it sometimes shows full bars but then you lose connection just as you go in to the attack screen, maybe.

It was happening to me a lot in HD too, and support gave me the tip to check the “news” section, or the paper, etc. and see if it was all refreshing almost instantly. If so, the connection is good. If it’s laggy, it may have dropped and you just don’t realize it yet.

I wonder if that works for Clash? Check news or events tab, friends list, visit a base, whatever, and see if things load quickly?

Doesn’t mean you can’t still lose connection but maybe if you have, you’ll realize it before confirming the attack.

Just a guess. I’m pretty tech-challenged, lol, but it’s been working for me most of the time.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

Centennial Club
    Lost connection .

But I always check my connection before attacking especially for cw and cwl .

Millennial Club
    The thing that really grinds my gears is when an AI fail costs you the attack. There are times what the AI decides to do makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IBWOLF2 View Post
    I get the the ghost or use as a cheat....but let's face it.. if no troops or spells are put down...no attack occured... and part that ticks me is .. my was tablet was 80 % or better done with the attack...and got the disconnected ..log back on and 0% no troops were put down yet shows I used an attack..it bits so bad when all attacks count and we lose because of disconnect issues..
    Try looking at it from the POV of someone trying to do something shady.

Let's say you have a tablet with no cellular data, only wi-fi connection.

You start your war attack.

Before placing any troops, you unplug your Wi-Fi router.

You run through your attack.

The game resets due to a lost connection, after some time trying to reconnect. You shut the game down.

You plug back in your router.

You restart the game, and instead of finding you failed your attack with 0% (like today), the game does not register an attack because no troops were dropped (according to their servers).

You get to attack the same base again, after getting a practice attack.

This is why the game behaves the way it does. And before you say, the game should store the state and count whatever happened on the tablet, what happens if log back in with a different device?

I know it's frustrating, and it's gotten me a few times too.

Forum Veteran
    When you scout, it's fine. But when you press attack and the wifi symbol of death immediately appearing, you know you're doomed. I even raise my hand holding my phone like a mad man and shake it. Sometime it works. But if it happen in war attack well, just make sure your phone land on something soft.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post

The game resets due to a lost connection, after some time trying to reconnect. You shut the game down.

You restart the game, and instead of finding you failed your attack with 0% (like today), the game does not register an attack because no troops were dropped (according to their servers).

This is why the game behaves the way it does. And before you say, the game should store the state and count whatever happened on the tablet, what happens if log back in with a different device?

Ah, the ghosting. I have to admit, I probably have done this several time in my TH7 era. Amazing how the game have develop since then.

Pro Member
    No wonder there are so many Archers, the Queen spends most of her time on her back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post

As soon as you start your attack it should register as an attack, regardless of whether any troops were dropped. However, if you reconnect within the 3:00 of the attack duration you should be able to complete the attack.

I go to attack in Legends and it drops the connection before I've placed any troops and I get 0%, 0 Loot, 0 Trophies. If I can reconnect and complete the attack I might lose 30 seconds of attack time but I at least have a chance of getting something from it and I'm not gaining any unfair advantage.