Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selective donations allowed by player or clan

Lightbulb Selective donations allowed by player or clan

Introduction (SKIP IF YOU DON'T CARE)

I would like that a new feature to be implemented in Clash of Clans, let me explain what I thought and my current situation in my clan. I have started since less than a week creating my new own clan and I got now about 40 members that's made of major part of players with a level that's less than 20. I am a TH9 and I am in Gold one league. I choose to do "Academy" to my newbie players because new players are profitable if trained good and probably are good for Supercell's earning too (keep the servers running, not as Force Arena of Netmarble did, God bless that game). I am currently working now also on how to not let them escape from my clan or worse from the game. My deputy chief asked me to wipe them all because some of them donate goblins or wall breakers, and the rest of them donates low level troops, so for we "stronger" is a pain somewhere. Even some of them donate what is not asked for.

Feature Request

My feature request is a control system of single donations that allow to be donated only a certain troop and of a level greater or equal specified at request time. In IT speaking my request can not be clearer than that.

It's requested a lot and the implementation and details are complicated. Take some time to sketch out how the user interface would function, taking into account that it must be simple and intuitive. Think through the algorithms that would be required. Think through all of the edge cases. There are a lot of other threads about this if you want to go find those.

I'll draw something (how the request troops module can be redefined) and I'll write a bit of pseudocode in C language for give to my idea post a bit of magnitude more than others.

See: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...tion-Mechanism. In that thread, mitzu gives a good proposal on how the request interface could work.

There have been many other threads discussing.
    Last edited by rowman; August 24th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

If there are so many threads that are discussing about this, why developers are not making any effort to develop this idea and make it effective?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneraleJoker View Post
    If there are so many threads that are discussing about this, why developers are not making any effort to develop this idea and make it effective?
    1) The game is not designed by "player majority rules". If it was designed that way, everone would get 1 billion free gems per day.

2) They may indeed be working it, we simply do not know. We will only find out once they announce it in an update.

There is indeed a lot of demand for such feature, but there’s simply no UI that complicated in the game yet (select troops, spells and levels). There’s a similar feature in HD with preset demands (birdhouse), but there’s no levels, and the items are limited.

I could answer in that thread linked, or in many other, but will do here with a slight twist on the idea, considering the difficulty of multiple selections and their levels, which would need to be accommodated in such feature:

How about keep it as it is, and similar to the army training window, just have a few (3?) preset defined & saved castle troops requests.
    The way it’d work, is either:
    1- free text form,
    2- save a previous castle content, and request the same (choose between 3 presaved cc contents).
    In first choice, any troop can be donated, based on text form, but without filtering.
    In second choice, only the troops, spells and sieges saved in the preset can be donated, to that level (or better?).

The saving feature to the preset could be handled:
    - via the current army window in the ‘Saved Army’ to avoid one more UI;
    - or once the castle is filled, have a UI similar to the legend league defense window to select that castle composition for a saved spot;
    - or its own UI selectable once a castle is full, like ‘Save contents’ (or ‘3’ buttons to select where to save).
    In either case, the player could define the ‘name’ of the composition.

To select a saved composition, the buttons would be added underneath the free text form of the castle request window. If the save have a name, the buttons would display it, or an ‘i’nfo button could pop-up its composition.

On the donator side, there would be no change in case of option 1; in option 2, a donator only sees the troops trained/training on their UI, the requested troops/siege/spells would be shown (if missing) and highlighted differently (red frame?), and the rest greyed out (including eventually already donated troops in that request, or troops not available to the donator); if the levels requested are above that of the donator plus clan perks, also the icon would be greyed out (but still highlighted).

That way the coding and UI isn’t too complicated, and that feature should cover most specific demands.
    If a player has a war or push attack, he or she can request specifically to the army composition, if not the free form allows for any combination (no filter). The ‘save’ function might be the easiest to use for a player, as it doesn’t require much selection...

That coding could be similar to the current ‘Saved Army’ preset, but be used to filter what clan mates can donate, instead of what barracks will train.
    One addition: that request window would not check if the request is feasible for the clan at that time (ie, player changed clan, or donators not in clan anymore), if such is chosen the requester would have to wait the usual time to re-request differently.

I am pretty sure that developers are not making any effort to implement that thing in Clash of Clans, and the strange thing is that you must write here anything about your idea for begin considered a bit. As I think they do this for reduce to minimum their work, because you did it almost all. They need only to write hundred or in worst case thousand line of source code for implement that function. I think they have a brain too for thinking what we have missed to design.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneraleJoker View Post
    I am pretty sure that developers are not making any effort to implement that thing in Clash of Clans, and the strange thing is that you must write here anything about your idea for begin considered a bit. As I think they do this for reduce to minimum their work, because you did it almost all. They need only to write hundred or in worst case thousand line of source code for implement that function. I think they have a brain too for thinking what we have missed to design.
    wow
    just wow

perhaps this link may help you Joker...

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

PhillSuppose,

Thank you for sending me that link but I must inform you that I don't have finished yet my IT Engineering studies, I'll check that link in a couple of years, if anything goes good. Based on information gathered in the link I assume that they are run out of "chief" artists and "chief" developers. I really dislike that a game such as Clash of Clans is constantly run out of news and updates are often only of bug fixes. If Clash of Clans administration create such a platform where a freelancer developer could send his code, maybe tons of new functionalities could be implemented in no time by player themselves, obviously a problem of this could be that Clash is a closed source game, but building a stack of pseudocode and graphical modifications by supporters can be translated into properly game functions by Supercell developers.