Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush Wars here?

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeth07 View Post
    It's for real? Source?
    https://supercell.com/en/news/welcome-rush-wars/7177/

The above announcement was posted by Supercell on August 26, 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    I Don't think it's coming to forums. Referring to that brawl stars never had a forum as the CM preferred reddit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    ...It's at the discretion of each Community Manager as to where the primary audience is.
    Based on my understanding of Supercell culture, the decision to start a community in Reddit was not made by one individual but the the game teams because they are a powerful unit within the company. Moreover, its CEO believes that great culture enables great teams to create great games. This fascinating culture is tested daily and we wouldn't know about it until the SC CEO shared it publicly in a conference with other developers in 2018.

For example, when they were developing their third game, Boom Beach, he still remembered the heated discussion during a meeting of him and the leaders of the game teams. With a show of hands, everyone in the room wanted to kill BB except for the BB game lead. IOW, even the CEO wanted to kill the game and despite feeling the pressure from his or her colleagues, the BB game lead still believed in the game and didn't back down from the intense opposition.

The meeting led to a seminal moment in Supercell's history: If they kill BB, they also kill the culture of independent, small teams. And the responsibility for the final say to launch or kill a game shifts from game team to the rest of the company. Since Supercell is here for long term and culture is so important, BB was released and became a big hit.

The Brawlstars, Clash Royale, and Boom Beach Community Managers may have preferred Reddit to these official Supercell forums, but they still needed to persuade their game teams because how and where to collect players' feedback is a team decision and not subject to the capricious whims of individuals who don't like to read posts in the Supercell forums, IMO.

When books will be published in the future about Supercell and its culture, I hope there will be a chapter about Team Brawlstars' audacious act to start a community in Reddit and the internal discussion within the company. It'll be fascinating reading material. Its controversial decision paved the way for other game teams to collect players' feedback from all forums except for the official SC forums.

Good luck to Team Rush Wars during their beta phase. I'll be paying attention.

---
    Lynn
    August 26, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:03 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Wonder if it will have its own event like brawl stars had

Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    Wonder if it will have its own event like brawl stars had
    Was that event at the Brawl Stars Beta release, or Global release? I honestly do not remember since I myself had no interest in that game.

No the one that coc had with el primo and the special obstacle

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Was that event at the Brawl Stars Beta release, or Global release? I honestly do not remember since I myself had no interest in that game.
    IIRC, Team Brawlstars soft launched its game by airing a live feed of a tournament between Youtubers who created video for other Supercell games. The introductory video bombed with me and made a bad first impression because the game play looked confusing with six players in an arena shooting at each other. I wondered what the goals are and if the players were affected by friendly fire?

When Brawlstars was released globally in December 2018, I tried it but couldn't control the movement and the aim of my character after multiple attempts so it bombed for me in real time game play.

In contrast, Team Rush Wars released an introductory video which highlighted the personalities of its characters. Chief Pat's video of the new game showed the game goals and easy troop placements to outflank the defenses. Both videos are a hit for me, so kudos to Team Rush Wars for going a different route than Team Brawlstars.

---
    Lynn
    August 26, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:36 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread