Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf the defending Electro Dragon

Angry Nerf the defending Electro Dragon

Honestly, in it's current form, the Electro Dragon is too hard to take out without an Archer Queen. Not only does this make attacking while upgrading her very difficult, but it also encourages people to rush to TH9 to be able to store one in their CC (making TH8 attacks nearly impossible), but also encourages people to rush to TH9 to get the Queen to take it out. I suggest a nerf to the Electro Dragon in clan castles (less chain length?) to at least somewhat reduce engineering and boost fairness.

Forum Veteran
    Since you can now max a TH8 in less than a year starting from scratch, you don't have to rush to get to TH9. Just keep upgrading and they will cease to be such an issue. Just remember that TH9 and lower are pretty much low level THs and are expected to get three starred regardless.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Since you can now max a TH8 in less than a year starting from scratch, you don't have to rush to get to TH9. Just keep upgrading and they will cease to be such an issue. Just remember that TH9 and lower are pretty much low level THs and are expected to get three starred regardless.
    I agree ^^^

Basically you are having trouble dealing with e drags in ccs. I can assure you that as you progress, your troubles will vanish. Edrags are essentially worthless in a def cc at higher town halls. I’ve also never heard of anyone rushing to th9 just to get 30 cc space. Rush for the AQ? Sure. But not for a useless edrag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I agree ^^^

Basically you are having trouble dealing with e drags in ccs. I can assure you that as you progress, your troubles will vanish. Edrags are essentially worthless in a def cc at higher town halls. I’ve also never heard of anyone rushing to th9 just to get 30 cc space. Rush for the AQ? Sure. But not for a useless edrag.
    A TH11 (high level) in the enemy war clan had one in their CC which resulted in their mirror only 1-starring them.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    This right here. Anything below TH11 (and TH11 too maybe) is completely irrelevant when it comes to TH specific upgrades. Your suggestion will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by computerfan0 View Post
    A TH11 (high level) in the enemy war clan had one in their CC which resulted in their mirror only 1-starring them.
    TH8 vs engineered TH11. Your clan will presumably have other attacks vs this base, and now knows what is in his CC and can deal with it.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Forum Veteran
    Right here is another issue. Mirrors mean nothing. The clan as a whole is used to compute matchmaking, not individual TH matches. It does NOT mean that you should by default attack your mirror, in fact, doing that is foolish. As an example you may have 5 TH11 at the top of your roster and your opponent has 6. Should your TH10 at position 6 attack their mirror? Sometimes. Should one of your top five attack their six? Sometimes. The same thing applies lower down. Having a TH8 or 9 attack an 11 is likely not going to turn out well. Have one of your higher players do a dip on that one.

We have the odd TH8 mini account in war sometimes. We actually don't expect them to get any stars, we use them to scout higher bases. They can be useful, just not as 3 star machines so we set our expectations appropriately.
    Last edited by Tosti111; August 22nd, 2019 at 07:13 PM.

Forum Elder
    So that means they did a poor job of attacking. My clan has stopped using them because of their ineffectiveness. BigDome is exactly right.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    So that means they did a poor job of attacking. My clan has stopped using them because of their ineffectiveness. BigDome is exactly right.
    No it didn't. If you look at his other recent posts, that mirror of his was a TH8.

TH8 will struggle adai St edrags in CC, but shouldn't normally be attacking bases where they are likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    I don't see the problem. TH8 can't fit a ElectroDragon, so facing one means you are TH8 attacking TH9. That should be difficult.

A defending E-dragon is indeed tough for a new TH9. It one-shots a young queen.

I recommend taking two baby dragon in your own CC to fight the defending E.Dragon. It can be done.
    Another alternative is distraction troops, lots of barbarians for example.

I don't think the E Dragon needs a nerf.