Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hound def cc too strong?

Hound def cc too strong?

Since sc has tweaked ice golem differently for defence, can they tweak it for hound? Almost 90% of def cc contains a hound.... cuz itís significantly better than other options.

i know there are ways to handle hound cc but isnít it boring if every cc is hound? Just like ice golem last time.

Forum Legend
    I'm sorry your queen walk was affected. That seems to be the only attack that a hound is "best" against.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Since sc has tweaked ice golem differently for defence, can they tweak it for hound? Almost 90% of def cc contains a hound.... cuz it’s significantly better than other options.

i know there are ways to handle hound cc but isn’t it boring if every cc is hound? Just like ice golem last time.
    It might be boring if it were the case, but it simply isn't.

In Legends, double dragons are much more common, loons are as common, witches + baby drag are probably more common than hounds.

And I see a similar sort of mixture in war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

All cc can be annoying against the wrong army for it, or lack of planning. It is what it is. I don't think having a hound vs something else costs me 3 stars any more than other cc compositions.

What kind of attack do you use?
    when ever i see a hound i love it, pretty much a guaranteed 3

step your QW game up is my only advice

For th12 hound is most definitely the most used defensive cc by a country mile.
    In our last two wars .. against champ 2 cwl clans where we run 20-25 th12s. There has been 0 th12s without a hound... 0. Iím not joking. Itís not just queen walk it affects.. its a lot of attacks. In attacks where you are doing a charge with a killsquad it spectates the queen from the main party. And most of the time it results in the queen going sideways or hitting walls. From my experience since last cwl hounds are taking up at least 80% of war defensive ccs atm

Forum Veteran
    See no way to compare the old ice golem ccs and hounds now. Ice gollies could kill an attack, the hound is just a nuisance that might tie up a queen long enough to thwart the 3. Hounds are fine and honestly can’t remember the last time I saw one ruin an attack.

TH12...level 241...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 34 mil...atb 6032

Forum>Supercell Main>Forum Talk>Signature Shops>[GFX Shop] TerMinus Prime [TP]
    naah , you just need to attack differently (for cc with hound as defense)

Recruitment || Forum Achievements
    Want Signature/avatar/clan banner or poster? *Click here*

Centennial Club
    I wouldn't say hounds are best defense. They are horrible against air units unless they are attracted by heroes (except air mode warden). I usually farm and use war atk using electro + loons + gw air mode when facing CC castle, and i deploy my king and queen later when castle is destroyed to ensure no hound/ice golem disturbing my main army.
    Clan: CITATS (since 2013)
    Position: Leader
    Clan Tag: #PG080UQ

Pro Member
    Hound is generally the best defensive CC for turning a potential 3* attack into a 2*. Other high-dps CC like witches, baby drags, loons, etc. are more likely to turn an attack into a 1* but are more easily dispatched by skilled attackers and can leave the base vulnerable. That is why you see hounds so much in live streams, champion league, and the like. In legends league, especially lower legends, I see few hounds because people are defending against the 2*.

TLDR no, the hound is not too powerful as a defensive CC, but I agree it fills a specific niche for which it is generally regarded as the best. It turns out this niche is highly visible in esports.
    Last edited by Aaronjs; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:12 AM.