Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hound def cc too strong?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    No No not at all. The 2 best attacks right now make the hound a waste. Dragbatloon and Hogs. Nothing is better than watch a hound chase a bunch of hogs
    There are approximately zero top 200 players using drag bat loon and approximately zero good players that donít kill the CC with the queen on a hog raid. On a hog raid your queen kills the CC and damage CCs get nullified by a poison spell. At least with a hound the queen gets stalled. Hound still not OP but your response is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It might be boring if it were the case, but it simply isn't.
    In Legends, double dragons are much more common, loons are as common, witches + baby drag are probably more common than hounds.

And I see a similar sort of mixture in war.
    You must be right in the bottom part of legends which is not really accurate of legends league at all. Push up above 5500 99% of ccs are hound ccs lol. In usual wars with full th12s 90% of ccs are hounds, often 100% of ccs are hounds this is in 40v40 or 50v50 all th12 wars so yes the op is right.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannkk View Post
    You must be right in the bottom part of legends which is not really accurate of legends league at all. Push up above 5500 99% of ccs are hound ccs lol. In usual wars with full th12s 90% of ccs are hounds, often 100% of ccs are hounds this is in 40v40 or 50v50 all th12 wars so yes the op is right.
    No he isn't. At the topmost elite level of legends, it is most common, mainly because it slows down the queen charge which is the most common start to an attack up there. If most attacks didn't start with a QC to get the eagle and CC, then hounds would not be the most common troop in defence there.

It isn't because hounds are generally OP in Ccs. It is because of the specific types of attacks which they counter.

And to suggest that the part of legends where a large majority are is "not really accurate of legends league" is obviously not quite right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

No he isn't. At the topmost elite level of legends, it is most common, mainly because it slows down the queen charge which is the most common start to an attack up there. If most attacks didn't start with a QC to get the eagle and CC, then hounds would not be the most common troop in defence there.

It isn't because hounds are generally OP in Ccs. It is because of the specific types of attacks which they counter.

And to suggest that the part of legends where a large majority are is "not really accurate of legends league" is obviously not quite right.
    You get mostly hound ccs a lot lower than the topmost elite level.. and why do all the players have hound ccs the higher you go? because it defends the best against most of the common attacks.. so what the op is saying. I donít know what you are trying to argue. Yes hounds might not defend the best against spam edrag etc but it is also not the best attack to use to try and get triples lol..
    Even cwl in champs 1 league 99% percent of all ccs are hounds.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannkk View Post
    You get mostly hound ccs a lot lower than the topmost elite level.. and why do all the players have hound ccs the higher you go? because it defends the best against most of the common attacks.. so what the op is saying. I don’t know what you are trying to argue. Yes hounds might not defend the best against spam edrag etc but it is also not the best attack to use to try and get triples lol..
    Even cwl in champs 1 league 99% percent of all ccs are hounds.
    The OP is saying that hound defence needs nerfing because it is too strong.

It is highly used among the topmost elite of the game, but is rarely used elsewhere, because it is only strong against the specific attacks used at that level. There is absolutely no need to nerf it just because the top tenth of a percent of players use it most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

The OP is saying that hound defence needs nerfing because it is too strong.

It is highly used among the topmost elite of the game, but is rarely used elsewhere, because it is only strong against the specific attacks used at that level. There is absolutely no need to nerf it just because the top tenth of a percent of players use it most of the time.

We are a champs 3 cwl clan and all Iím seeing down here is hound cc as well.

It counters a lot of normal attacks as well just not Queen charge. I donít know how many tines I have seen a traditional bowler attack go bad from a hound cc. The main party continues moving forward while the queen lags behind dealing with the hound.. once she has cleared the hound the rest of the army is to far ahead and the queen just goes off to the side..

Don't use troops that will target and pop the hound. Also keep your queen away from it.

At that point the cc hound becomes useless.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    Don't use troops that will target and pop the hound. Also keep your queen away from it.

At that point the cc hound becomes useless.
    So you have to change your entire attack due to the cc. That does suggest the hound is a strong cc . Also in legends and cwl you do not know if it is a hound or not when you hit. Even in usual wars you donít always have the luxury of rehitting a base.

Btw, what I am saying is based on popularity in competitive arranged wars like cwl elite. We just had a cwl war vs tribe gaming, 25v25. I think I only saw ONE non hound cc. Hound cc is definitely more than 90%.

i got 1 out of 2 triple so I can work around a hound. But sc seems to want to encourage more variety and I am sick of seeing hound cc...

if u guys want to know what tribe use for cc, a lot of 10 arch hound cc.
    Last edited by wind30; 1 Week Ago at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    I'm sorry your queen walk was affected. That seems to be the only attack that a hound is "best" against.
    ..... actually I think aq walk handles hound pretty well due to the insane dps of aq and u don’t lose any troops while handling the hound. It affects non aq walk land raids the most. I am forced to bring healers on almost every raid because of hound cc.

Since sc does not know the game well, if they want to encourage golem tank use and more variety, don’t buff golem, nerf def hound cc.

When everyone is using the same def cc, u force everyone to work around the hound, which is either a form of aq/warden walk or air raid to ignore hound.

i used to do a small ks, with golem aq bk, hogs raid but it does not work well vs hound cc. So I wait to do cleanups looking for non hound cc.... nowadays there is literally no non hound cc... so I gave up that strat.
    Last edited by wind30; 1 Week Ago at 11:15 PM.