Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hound def cc too strong?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It might be boring if it were the case, but it simply isn't.

In Legends, double dragons are much more common, loons are as common, witches + baby drag are probably more common than hounds.

And I see a similar sort of mixture in war.
    Where in legends are you? I havenít seen a single double drag cc in legends since the season start. I have however been seeing a lot of hounds. Thereís no way double drags are much more common unless youíre in low legends.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Where in legends are you? I haven’t seen a single double drag cc in legends since the season start. I have however been seeing a lot of hounds. There’s no way double drags are much more common unless you’re in low legends.
    I am in low legends with both accounts that are there. Neither are very advanced TH12, so I tend to lose quite a lot of trophies on defence, and am not good enough as an attacker to overcome that and climb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Hound is one tool in the tool box. I believe it's important to consider the way the defending cc composition works with the base design. For example, if I can construct/bait a likely path for a queen-walk then I can position seeking air mines to strip a few healers off the queen, use a cc hound to tie up the queen, and point defences to put pressure on the queen. Of course, it doesn't always work out that way. On the other hand, I've seen defending cc witches and their skeletons spread out across the base to mess up an e-drag attack (baited to attack behind the sweepers). I believe it's all about the synergy between the defending cc troops and the rest of the base design.
    TH 12
    Leader
    Clan: Folk by the Oak

A CC hound maybe a very powerful cc troop, but lemme tell you about cc valks. You find them around TH5-up. They are a complete nightmare if you don't have the comp for it. To combat them...either a lot of wizards, archers, or minions will do the trick. If you have few or none of those...yeah...good luck. They still give me nightmares to this day.

Centennial Club
    Not sure why hound is such an issue. Only additional info I would share is that if you encounter one, do not drop poison on the hound, it won't make a jot of difference. Wait until she explodes into pups, and use your poison on those.

If you are having a hard time against Hounds, switch to air troops. The hound will just sleep through the attack. Make sure your heroes stay away from the CC though.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Since sc has tweaked ice golem differently for defence, can they tweak it for hound? Almost 90% of def cc contains a hound.... cuz itís significantly better than other options.

i know there are ways to handle hound cc but isnít it boring if every cc is hound? Just like ice golem last time.
    No No not at all. The 2 best attacks right now make the hound a waste. Dragbatloon and Hogs. Nothing is better than watch a hound chase a bunch of hogs

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Hounds are not OP.
    They are strong against some attacks but weak against some.
    For example hounds are vulnerable to air attacks as they cannot attack air troops.
    Also if you really think hound is too strong then just use hounds in your CC too and that will balance your attacks and defense.

Wind knows how to handle a hound in a cc, he is a skilled attacker. I think his point is that at least in his experience it is the most popular. I don’t agree with making changes based on popularity, but some others do (even SC has hinted at doing so in the past by referencing usage rates). Personally, I still see a lot of variety. Witches are still very popular.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

At the levels my clan wars at, EDrags are easily the most popular. I'm still not sure why...maybe because they are elixir based and easy to use to fill the CC?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes