Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miserable Derby NOT Mystery

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    5/6 tasks so far involve the town (which I don't normally like to play) coupled with my dislike of the Mystery Derby itself=!

I love town tasks because I can roll throug them quickly. I would rather have a person/bldg specific town task than a train task it that is just me. I also don’t mind the basket task (Order Task I believe) that has train, trucks, and boats. That is the only time I like boats.

Impossible tasks

I dislike mystery tasks because not only is it a lottery of whether you can finish them in time, but it is also a lottery of whether you can even start them. How can it be fair to be given a town task to do when the town isnt even open.. I have contacted Hayday support about this and they don't care. So my only option is to either gamble as to whether I can do a task, or settle for 320 tasks that I know I can do. My hood is at an immediate disadvantage in the derby. Please don't say that the solution is to open my town. The solution is for Hay day to give tasks that are possible.

One of the things I love about this game is that we can all play the way we like..competitive or non competitive, love or hate town , or boats, large hood, small hood, solo. Each style of play comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. We make the choice. SC provides tasks based on what is available to the level you have achieved. Orders come for items as soon as you have unlocked them before you have even had time to grow the crop. Town tasks come as soon as the town is unlocked. If you choose a certain style of play, like not opening your town, then you need to be prepared to adjust your strategy accordingly. This may mean opting out of mystery derby, trashing town tasks, or doing non mystery tasks. But donít expect SC to modify the game to support your choices. This is a game of resource management. That is our job.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Quote Originally Posted by Ancientmunchkin View Post
    I dislike mystery tasks because not only is it a lottery of whether you can finish them in time, but it is also a lottery of whether you can even start them. How can it be fair to be given a town task to do when the town isnt even open.. I have contacted Hayday support about this and they don't care. So my only option is to either gamble as to whether I can do a task, or settle for 320 tasks that I know I can do. My hood is at an immediate disadvantage in the derby. Please don't say that the solution is to open my town. The solution is for Hay day to give tasks that are possible.
    Hi Ancientmunchkin, Welcome to the forums. I understand what you are saying. I do not think the system looks at whether you have town open or not. If your level allows you to have town, then such task might be given to you.
    I did not open my town till about level 68. It was not long after that I found town progressing rapidly. It also helped my farm to level up fast.
    I am also at risk on mystery tasks. Cannot do any task associated with sheep n goats cause I do not have them on my farm.
    Since town tasks are popular, you will likely get hit with one in mystery derby. So without a town, the logical solution is to opt out of mystery derbies if you are in a serious derby team.

BTW, in my opinion the overload of bogging tasks in Mystery Derby is really a negative for derby play. I had one guy on the team that was getting hammered with ridiculous bog tasks and eventually just flat out quit saying he could no longer keep up with it and interfered with his job. He said his quitting derby is for long term. I myself not finding derby that interesting anymore either. The power derby I had to trash over 500 tasks myself just so team can have some 320s to play.
    Last edited by dtx725; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:41 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    . The power derby I had to trash over 500 tasks myself just so team can have some 320s to play.
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your neighbor in the drby and particularly, long term.

i can very much empathize with the power derby feelings. My hood of 7 in power drby trashed 980+ tasks to get 320s. It was ridiculous. I swore I would opt out of those in the future because of the trashing issues. It totally irritates me and takes the joy out of it, so it is best to remove myself from that frustration.