Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miserable Derby NOT Mystery

Fresh Spawn

Miserable Derby NOT Mystery

Usually I enjoy Mystery Derby. Sure, I don't always get easy tasks, but USUALLY they are fairly doable in a short amount of time. For some reason, this particular Mystery Derby has been miserable for our hood. Multiple LONG production and crop tasks. I mean doesn't a production task of 21 carrot pies seem excessive? That's an 18 hour long task. Makes it pretty hard to compete w other championship teams when we are getting mostly LONG tasks. Come on SC, bring the fun back to Derby!

This is how the cookie crumbles! You grin and bear it! One mystery derby my tasks were all so long I finished by the skin of my teeth with my hoodmates cheering me on. Luckily this derby Iím having a nice mix. Hopefully your hoodmates get shorter ones to offset your long ones to keep you competitive. That is what is currently happening in my hood now. 2 hoodies have 23 quesadillas while others have some similar long tasks, yet we r 14000 points ahead of our closest competition. With mystery derby itís the luck of the draw and tends to even the playing field a bit bc your typical strategy is challenged. Good luck, smile and try to enjoy the ride!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Yes, that is the way the cookie crumbles, but I have never seen a mystery derby that bad!

We have had 3 x bacon task, honey toast, honey tea, banana bread, boats for a team of 4 playing that is a lot of full day tasks! Only one person finished in the team today, 3 still toiling away and dreading for what is yet to come!

yes, I can do the 18xhoney toast from scratch, but having spend yesterday doing bacon, it sure is off-putting and not fun! I always do the mystery derbies because with a high level farm, I can do anything, but this is the most boring ever!

Its like they want us to stop playing.I normally love the mystery derby but we got swamped with lots of bacon tasks or 23hrs tasks.

Yvonne Leader of Zissou :0)
    Tag: #2LCV92UO
    122 gold

Are you the addict we are looking for?

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1258324

New Bloke/Chick
    Mystery Derby is really russian roulette when you play solo. I pulled a Cowboy task with not one cowboy in my town. And no neighbors to try to pick some up from.
    I had to choose between diamonds to call trains, or taking 4-5 days to finish the task. I love to place, so I chose to burn through about 72 diamonds calling trains. Supercell must love me.
    Still enjoy the mystery derby, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonG View Post
    Usually I enjoy Mystery Derby. Sure, I don't always get easy tasks, but USUALLY they are fairly doable in a short amount of time. For some reason, this particular Mystery Derby has been miserable for our hood. Multiple LONG production and crop tasks. I mean doesn't a production task of 21 carrot pies seem excessive? That's an 18 hour long task. Makes it pretty hard to compete w other championship teams when we are getting mostly LONG tasks. Come on SC, bring the fun back to Derby!

I fully agree with your complaint. I now realize that this derby was tweaked to promote diamond purchasing.
    My previous played 310 Indigo harvest task, then 14 visitor Beach Cafe task was no thrill but passable.

But not I got slammed with a mystery 25 honey toast task on a machine that is not fully mastered. So that is 25 hrs total minimum to complete. Go figure, a 25 hr task with 10 tasks to complete in 6 days. Actually the trophy places be taken likely within 4 days.

I am not in position to buy loads of diamonds but if I was, it takes 4 diamonds to make each honey toast instantly. That would be blowing 100 diamonds for fast task completion. That would be no issue to those that are accustomed to buying diamonds.

I am now considering of blowing off this derby. Just working the task board to play high number mine and help tasks fast as I can to hopefully just keep the team in champion league. I never seen a mystery derby this bad. I got better things to do than wasting my whole week on such. Those horse shoe rewards are just not worth it.

Pro Member
    I usually don't mind the mystery derbies. I have never stressed about getting done first or placing in the top three. That has just never been my concern. HOWEVER, since I am now on my 3rd 4 boat task.... I am SO over this derby. LOL. There were swear words coming from my mouth as it became clear which task I had. On my baby farm we seem to be getting a bunch of town related tasks and our towns are soooooo small. It is a struggle. So in general.... Mystery derbies are still loved.... this derby is not loved. Not even a little bit. It isn't a love hate... its a hate hate.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Our NH of 3 opted in, has had some of the worst tasks ever in a mystery derby. I had 3 town related tasks, and 2 fishing tasks back to back. One hoodie had lobster skewers and cookies and then milk while the other had 3-4 boat tasks, a bacon and a milk task.

So not a fun week for us.

I don’t believe changes were made for the purpose of people spending diamonds. However, I’m sure some have been pushed in that direction, especially in those NH’s that require players do all mystery tasks.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Centennial Club
    We had some horrible tasks as well. I personally had 4 townie individual specific tasks, one bldg specific task, fishing x2, sugar cane and grilled onions. My extra task was a truck task but I still managed to finish on Thursday evening without spending a single diamond. Fortunately my town was fully loaded so it only took 5-7 hours to complete all 5 town tasks. If I was a solo player I would still be doing those tasks.

i do not believe that anything was done to promote diamond spending. I think it is simply a roll of the dice. Everyone in my NH have had a production task or two that took forever, but we have had a lot of feeding, milk, egg and bacon tasks as well. You just trudge through them because we know going into it that this might happen. Fortunately, no complaints from my group. W just support each other and get through it.

5/6 tasks so far involve the town (which I don't normally like to play) coupled with my dislike of the Mystery Derby itself=!
    Thank you TerMinus for the Halloween Party Sig!