Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Be able to use the heroes in clan war attacks during their upgrading

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoBull View Post
    But, sometimes the desire to make the most possible money comes too far... And when it does, company starts to lose money... Think about that only making games that you can call pure art can make you really rich...
    There're plenty of games where the desire to make the most possible money comes too far... And do you know why they aren't so successful as Clash of Clans? Because Supercell always tries to make it better like art and I suggest them to continue following this way in the things like this...
    In the olden times, before all the things you can purchase/use that will allow you to play without your heroes down, we used to practice an arcane art....it was putting your heroes down and not being in war for a spell...it was called patience. I have 2 more upgrades left on my warden and it takes a week for each one. Guess what I do, I don't war for a week for each upgrade. You can do it, you may not like to, but you can do it.

I'm here to show how to make the game better, and not to complain about what is compulsory
    If we assume for the sake of argument that using gems and magic items on heroes so they are available for war is a big income generator for the game, does it make the game better to remove that?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Sorry OP, but this request is as old as... well... clan wars. Here's the biggest thread about it that lasted for years with over 5000 replies:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hile-Upgrading

Buried in that thread are some official responses from Supercell saying there are technical issues why it cannot be done. As a software developer, I find those reasons to be plausible. Others think it's just a bunch of excuses to cover up gem sales.

Nevertheless, Supercell's answer to the issue was the Book of Heroes and other magic items. It's incredibly doubtful that upgrading heroes will ever be available for wars.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    They have to make money some way
    This is a way that they do that

I feel it is a good place for a gem cost to be
    No one is forced to war, or gem heroes to war, it is optional

Much better than lots of other places there could be a gem cost

I just wish they would finally put this on the ruled out ideas list since they clearly have no intention of adding this.
    Yes, I have other point of view, but I understand you.
    Because the whole gamemaking is not about the reason, it's about creativity and emotions that a certain feature evokes in you. As you know it's totally subjective.
    For me, not be able to use upgrading heroes in wars really annoys me... I'm totally okey to wait in other situations like not be able to farm using upgrading heroes, but not be able to use upgrading heroes in wars really annoys me. Because without the heroes I can't show all my power and skill in the wars and it's something really important for me. If Supercell wants to place gem cost, I'd prefer other places. It's my subjective opinion.
    All I wanted to indicate is that without the heroes you can't show all your power and skill in the wars. And then, everyone is free to make his own subjective conclusions... If there are people who have the same emotions like me, then I have luck. And if not... There's nothing you can do, and it's totally normal.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Yes, but this isn't some incredible new cost everyone is having to pay.
    It's been like this since wars started, and Supercell are doing fine.
    Like I said in my previous reply this is something incredibly annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    In the olden times, before all the things you can purchase/use that will allow you to play without your heroes down, we used to practice an arcane art....it was putting your heroes down and not being in war for a spell...it was called patience. I have 2 more upgrades left on my warden and it takes a week for each one. Guess what I do, I don't war for a week for each upgrade. You can do it, you may not like to, but you can do it.
    If there are a lot of people that not like it, then why we don't change this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Sorry OP, but this request is as old as... well... clan wars. Here's the biggest thread about it that lasted for years with over 5000 replies:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hile-Upgrading

Buried in that thread are some official responses from Supercell saying there are technical issues why it cannot be done. As a software developer, I find those reasons to be plausible. Others think it's just a bunch of excuses to cover up gem sales.

Nevertheless, Supercell's answer to the issue was the Book of Heroes and other magic items. It's incredibly doubtful that upgrading heroes will ever be available for wars.
    Yes, I expected that it's old and I even tried to find it, but I'm new here and I didn't manage to do that. Thanks for the link. I even expected the technical issues. I bet the technical issues can be about that the heroes rest for some time after they are defeated, but can they rest if they are upgrading and how to show all this stuff in the screen? I think that these are some problems that Supercell thought about.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    If there are a lot of people that not like it, then why we don't change this.
    Because we don't have the power to do so.

We can makes suggestions to Supercell, but this one has been made repeatedly for several years, and is getting less likely as more ways come to speed up hero upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Because we don't have the power to do so.

We can makes suggestions to Supercell, but this one has been made repeatedly for several years, and is getting less likely as more ways come to speed up hero upgrades.
    Is there any reason not to add this to the ruled out ideas sticky?
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 |

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Is there any reason not to add this to the ruled out ideas sticky?
    As far as I am aware, SC have never actually said they won't do it though Darian has come close
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)