Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is it time to finally kill off the engineers in war?

Is it time to finally kill off the engineers in war?

So I get why it wouldnít be desirable to do it all in one fell swoop when the changes were made, but now it is impossible to build an engineered account, is it time to make it such that any base in war is given the minimum defensive weight of the previous TH?

They still crop up, and we are actually encountering them fairly frequently (feels like about 50% of them) in our TH10/TH9 heavy wars. It is very frustrating to have a base ranked way down there pop up and kill our higher bases.

Either make it impossible to opt into war if you donít have the minimum structures for that TH, or assign these bases that minimum weight anyway. Itís not like you can build these accounts now, so itís not something others can counter by doing the same. I canít think of a good reason to let TH11s that donít have xbows, but have maxed air defenses (and you know the teslas and traps will be in there) which make it much tougher than any other TH7/TH8, which is where it sits.

I get that engineering is ineffective in heavier (TH12-TH10) wars, but thatís not a good reason to allow it to continue in lower weight wars either. I am trying to shuffle the line up to avoid these (war size, number of TH10s taken to war, etc) but all of these are detrimental to our enjoyment of the game as a clan (to paraphrase that wonderful catch all from the TOS). Having to sit people to avoid engineering isnít a lot of fun.

Is there a compelling reason to let these accounts continue to be in war? Iím willing to be educated on this.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Forum Champion
    There is quite a compelling reason. You would be barring certain players, who broke no rules, from participating in one of the most important aspects in the game: war. SC would never do that.

SC: “Thanks for playing our game (and spending money)within the confines we set forth. Unfortunately, we have decided to bar you from Clan War.”

Wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    There is quite a compelling reason. You would be barring certain players, who broke no rules, from participating in one of the most important aspects in the game: war. SC would never do that.

SC: “Thanks for playing our game (and spending money)within the confines we set forth. Unfortunately, we have decided to bar you from Clan War.”

Wont happen.
    If they assign the minimum weight then the players can still play.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    If they assign the minimum weight then the players can still play.
    That would put players who have just upgraded their th at a huge disadvantage and encourage players to perma base.

https://imgur.com/a/xbgr3Kz

Here is the latest example. That account went and hit our 4, a reasonably maxed TH10. Yes, recency is influencing me to post about this.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    That would put players who have just upgraded their th at a huge disadvantage and encourage players to perma base.
    Assigning the minimum weight of a Th10 (L1 defenses for everything) to a TH11 would not put a brand new TH11 at any disadvantage. I’m not saying to assign the minimum for their current TH, but for the TH they had to upgrade from.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Forum Veteran
    The best solution that I have found is to upgrade your way above them. As you say, the issue really isn't much of one once the majority of your clan is TH10/11+. We are mostly TH12/11 now and quite honestly we smile when we meet them.

Not saying this is the case for you OP, but often when people claim to be seeing a lot of engineers, they share a war lineup and they have mostly TH10/9 as you say, and then a couple of TH3/4 fillers at the bottom.
    Adding low TH accounts in war is about the best way to get matched against clans with engineered bases that I know.

Adding low TH bases is roster engineering, I don't have a problem with that meaning you find base engineering as a consequence.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Not saying this is the case for you OP, but often when people claim to be seeing a lot of engineers, they share a war lineup and they have mostly TH10/9 as you say, and then a couple of TH3/4 fillers at the bottom.
    Adding low TH accounts in war is about the best way to get matched against clans with engineered bases that I know.

Adding low TH bases is roster engineering, I don't have a problem with that meaning you find base engineering as a consequence.
    Fair point. Our lowest is a TH8 - we have one. Then it’s TH9s and TH10s, 2 x TH11, 1 x TH12. It’s a 15v.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    Fair point. Our lowest is a TH8 - we have one. Then it’s TH9s and TH10s, 2 x TH11, 1 x TH12. It’s a 15v.
    Pretty good chance of finding engineers with that lineup, sorry.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?