Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is it time to finally kill off the engineers in war?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Pretty good chance of finding engineers with that lineup, sorry.
    I guess we are stuck with it then, not much I can do to dramatically alter our line up at this point. Such is life.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9


  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    There is quite a compelling reason. You would be barring certain players, who broke no rules, from participating in one of the most important aspects in the game: war. SC would never do that.

    SC: “Thanks for playing our game (and spending money)within the confines we set forth. Unfortunately, we have decided to bar you from Clan War.”

    A solution would be to announce the update long in advance, so former engineers would have ample time to place the required buildings. Plus, since these bases can no longer be created and shouldn't exist within the current rules of the game, I would not consider them "within the confines SC set forth"

    Wont happen.
    Accidentally typed in the quote
    Last edited by Rascal2013; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:39 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    That would put players who have just upgraded their th at a huge disadvantage and encourage players to perma base.
    I long pushed for this change and disagree that it would be any sort of disadvantage to the new hall player since they are only getting the weight of the hall below (although when I pushed for it I suggested 90% of the weight of the hall below). Some said well what about the rushers that rushed ahead and my response was two fold. First, that rusher is most likely already out ahead in terms of defensive weight, they drop those big new defenses and that is why they are called rushed. Second, either way, those players are at a big war disadvantage already and likely wouldn’t even notice it.

    I also don’t know why it would encourage perma-maxing? I think it would encourage maxing perhaps, but not just staying there.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  4. #14
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    On top of a rock under the sky
    Posts
    178
    Haven’t they fixed this by adding weight to troops?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDeathclaw View Post
    Haven’t they fixed this by adding weight to troops?
    Not based on where the one is in our line up - while not maxed, they have a decent number of maxed TH11 troops. E drags, bowitch, etc. and the spells to go with it. Take a look at the link I posted to see where they line up defensively.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9


  6. #16
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    Not based on where the one is in our line up - while not maxed, they have a decent number of maxed TH11 troops. E drags, bowitch, etc. and the spells to go with it. Take a look at the link I posted to see where they line up defensively.
    Our last war 9.11s killed us. Near max heroes, maybe an xbow or 2. No infernos or eagle. We ran 3 9s, 5 10s, rest 11 and 12. They had one more 12 than us, 2 or 3 more 11s, and one junk 6 at the bottom. We lost by 2 stars. Usually, I dont get hung up on th level. I can figure out where we have an advantage to offset the town hall. Not this war. For me, if you are th11, you should get the weight of any missing th9 and 10 buildings. As for the war, I will admit some was on us. I think had a couple of attacks gone differently, we had a chance. But having multiple extra 11 and 1w attacks gives you a heck of a cushion.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Our last war 9.11s killed us. Near max heroes, maybe an xbow or 2. No infernos or eagle. We ran 3 9s, 5 10s, rest 11 and 12. They had one more 12 than us, 2 or 3 more 11s, and one junk 6 at the bottom. We lost by 2 stars. Usually, I dont get hung up on th level. I can figure out where we have an advantage to offset the town hall. Not this war. For me, if you are th11, you should get the weight of any missing th9 and 10 buildings. As for the war, I will admit some was on us. I think had a couple of attacks gone differently, we had a chance. But having multiple extra 11 and 1w attacks gives you a heck of a cushion.
    Oh our wars have generally been close, and we have some TH10s struggling with infernos, so there are places we could have got stars even to win the recent ones. But just because they can still be won, doesn’t mean the suggestion of giving them the weight anyway is invalid.

    This current lot look like not the greatest, and we will clear everything other than maybe the TH12 they have at the top, so fingers crossed we at least get the “W” in this one.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9


  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    Not based on where the one is in our line up - while not maxed, they have a decent number of maxed TH11 troops. E drags, bowitch, etc. and the spells to go with it. Take a look at the link I posted to see where they line up defensively.
    Remember at best the map order shows defensive weight only. There is offensive weight too that you don't see there. So, minideathclaw, yes, they have added weight to offense (a long time ago) and that made a big difference, but not enough. More recently they seem to have made more improvements. I think it is better than ever. That doesn't mean it couldn't be improved, though, and I do think a minimum defensive weight of 90% of the max of the hall below would be an improvement overall. Nothing is perfect so I wouldn't claim there are no disadvantages to it, but I think it would be an overall improvement.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Remember at best the map order shows defensive weight only. There is offensive weight too that you don't see there. So, minideathclaw, yes, they have added weight to offense (a long time ago) and that made a big difference, but not enough. More recently they seem to have made more improvements. I think it is better than ever. That doesn't mean it couldn't be improved, though, and I do think a minimum defensive weight of 90% of the max of the hall below would be an improvement overall. Nothing is perfect so I wouldn't claim there are no disadvantages to it, but I think it would be an overall improvement.
    Yes, you are right to point that out. That’s their profile info (identifying info has been hidden) - you can see they have not maxed everything for offense, which is either clever or lazy. But based on the war stars they have been doing this a very long time.

    https://m.imgur.com/a/0UXvijm
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9


  10. #20
    This happened to my clan. Their number 17 (engineered 11, mirrored with my own little th8 with nearly all buildings [except one tesla which will be finished by the end of the war, walls and the archer tower gear-up due to not being bh6 yet] and a good portion of the lab maxed) 3-starred our number 2 (decently upgraded th11) And no, it was a 20v20, not a 50v50. Also shrugged off TH8 attacks due to ED in castle (which I mentioned elsewhere)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •