Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 3rd Air Sweeper

  1. #11
    Forum Elder IceBird1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey View Post
    A new level AND a third one. Due to the electro dragons and siege machines, this is a MUST. Plus, there is a new dragon meta around TH 9+ that is almost unstoppable.
    The new level or addition wouldn’t do much for TH11 and below as it would most likely be for the latest Town Hall level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    As far as air at th12, I definitely dont agree with a third sweeper. Just remove air attacks altogether if you do that.
    Not necessarily, 3 Air Sweepers will still only cover a small percentage of the area and it still has a cooldown before it can push back air units again, all which can be dealt with the right set-up.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Why must we have another sweeper and another level to sweepers at th12 when the 3 star rate for edrags isn't high currently?
    The idea was not just for the Electro Dragon. As to why, why does SuperCell occasionally add an extra defense or level per new Town Hall, like the 3rd Inferno Tower? The Air Sweeper is currently the only defense to not get a new level yet with the release of Town Hall 12, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some balance to the current system if one or the other gets added.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDeathclaw View Post
    It’s not just edrags, dragbat is yet another great strategy and/or other strategies containing them need to be planned out better, spamming air troops and heroes should get people 3 stars or even two.
    It could still be possible to have good results with the common strategies, but having an extra defense or stronger ones may cause some players to plan out their attacks better.

    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Better, I think, to look at a higher level for the existing two. But whatever, PLEASE MAKE THEM EASIER TO FIND. In thirty seconds, sometimes I can’t find both.
    Yes, if a new level follows the same pattern as some of the other defenses; maybe make the defense bulkier, have a larger pump, maybe a different color scheme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chops786 View Post
    On the point of a 3rd sweeper it will nullify people using any air strats completely in my opinion.
    I don’t believe it will nullify air type attacks, if anything the ones who are skilled with those types of attacks will just find ways around it and that can open up more types of strategies for others to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3Lima View Post
    That said: a higher level? Already now a maxed sweeper can keep an edrag or loon in one place while he is doing no damage, and slowly is being killed (provided no rage or haste used). I think current level is high and punishing enough.
    You mentioned something that can be a key component when raiding. If someone goes in ill-prepared, like not having the right spells, it can mess up their attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I think sweepers are fine as they are now and a third is definitely not needed. Seems to me that, with 3 sweepers, you could essentially cover your entire base with proper placement. I find air, and pretty much every other attack, fairly balanced right now.
    3 will still have some bare spots, but well placed areas could potentially cause some issues for those with not the right set-up.

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    To the OP, no way we need a 3rd. RIP air attacks. A new level, maaaaaybe but i wouldn't be a fan of that.
    I don’t think a 3rd Air Sweeper would ruined air attacks, perhaps it would be an issue for some who haven’t mastered those types of attacks yet, but also considering this is for the latest Town Hall, there should be a bit more challenge.


    Maybe some feel like the current air units or spells are not strong/fast enough to go up against a 3rd Air Sweeper just yet and it would be better for later when things need balancing, but if a level 8 Air Sweeper follows the current push strength as the previous levels by going up .4 each time, it would be about 4.4 tiles. Keeping in mind that the Air Sweeper does not have an available upgrade for TH12 yet, do you think something with less than 5 tiles push back will break the game?

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    The idea was not just for the Electro Dragon. As to why, why does SuperCell occasionally add an extra defense or level per new Town Hall, like the 3rd Inferno Tower? The Air Sweeper is currently the only defense to not get a new level yet with the release of Town Hall 12, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some balance to the current system if one or the other gets added.

    The player I responded to (unless that is also you?) specifically said it is a "must" due to edrags and sieges and my question of "why" was asking him why it is a must given the 3 star rate isn't too high for edrags.

    Regarding your reference to balance, though, what is out of balance for offense in your opinion? What is getting 3 stars at too high of a rate? I'm not aware of anything.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  3. #13
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,014
    Not going to quote all your points. Simply, why do you think air needs an indirect nerf? I see nothing to indicate air is running rampant. It's a decent all purpose strategy but hardly a three star powerhouse. Aside from it being something else I need to upgrade, I wouldnt care much about another level. Another sweeper however, no thanks. I only use edrag or drag bar rarely on specific war bases that are vulnerable to them. I need to learn electrone as, done well, it can be a good war attack. Easy to mess up too. Bottom line for me, th12 feels balanced. You can do ok with a general purpose build like edrag. You can also do the same witch general purpose ground like witch spam. However, you can do much better, if you are good enough, with lavaloon or hogs. This thread feels to me like another I consider x attack spam so nerf it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4. #14
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Not going to quote all your points. Simply, why do you think air needs an indirect nerf? I see nothing to indicate air is running rampant. It's a decent all purpose strategy but hardly a three star powerhouse. Aside from it being something else I need to upgrade, I wouldnt care much about another level. Another sweeper however, no thanks. I only use edrag or drag bar rarely on specific war bases that are vulnerable to them. I need to learn electrone as, done well, it can be a good war attack. Easy to mess up too. Bottom line for me, th12 feels balanced. You can do ok with a general purpose build like edrag. You can also do the same witch general purpose ground like witch spam. However, you can do much better, if you are good enough, with lavaloon or hogs. This thread feels to me like another I consider x attack spam so nerf it.
    I agree. i am firmly convinced that if SC decided to make the change so that no army could contain more than 3 of each troop that we would still see complaints about spam attacks or everyone using the same attacks and therefore there should be a nerf.

  5. #15
    Forum Elder IceBird1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The player I responded to (unless that is also you?) specifically said it is a "must" due to edrags
    Ah, my mistake, missed that it was a response towards another user.


    As per some of the response about some of the air attacks not getting frequent 3 stars results. If that's the main factor on things that needs to be in consideration of a balance change, then yes, there wouldn't be a need for more resistant just yet. (Wouldn't mind a new level with a distinguish look for the defense at TH12, though.)

  6. #16
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Ah, my mistake, missed that it was a response towards another user.


    As per some of the response about some of the air attacks not getting frequent 3 stars results. If that's the main factor on things that needs to be in consideration of a balance change, then yes, there wouldn't be a need for more resistant just yet. (Wouldn't mind a new level with a distinguish look for the defense at TH12, though.)
    Ok. I can get behind that. Another level that looks like th12. Not a big change but could be cool.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  7. #17
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    128
    Air attacks aren't currently overpowered from what I can tell. A 3rd air sweeper would therefore necessitate either a reduction in sweep angle or push strength for all of them to keep things balanced.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Players can have two Air Sweepers available at Town Hall 9, and with air troops and air Siege Machines having the advantage of bypassing max level walls, how about a 3rd Air Sweeper for Town Hall 12 to create a bit more resistant.

    With the Freeze spell being one housing, players can bring twice as many to neutralize these or other defense for just enough time to destroy them, or they now have the option to use the Bat spell to take out certain defense out of reach. Plus with the level addition for both the Rage and Haste spell, slow moving air troops can get to their destination a bit more quicker. Having a 3rd Air Sweeper may help a little with those who spam attacks and cause some to better plan their strategies.

    If some believe that the game is not ready for another Air Sweeper just yet, at the very least how about a new level for the current ones.
    Instead of 3rd sweeper, we may choose gearing of sweepers to push front and back.

    /M@n!

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Players can have two Air Sweepers available at Town Hall 9, and with air troops and air Siege Machines having the advantage of bypassing max level walls, how about a 3rd Air Sweeper for Town Hall 12 to create a bit more resistant.

    With the Freeze spell being one housing, players can bring twice as many to neutralize these or other defense for just enough time to destroy them, or they now have the option to use the Bat spell to take out certain defense out of reach. Plus with the level addition for both the Rage and Haste spell, slow moving air troops can get to their destination a bit more quicker. Having a 3rd Air Sweeper may help a little with those who spam attacks and cause some to better plan their strategies.

    If some believe that the game is not ready for another Air Sweeper just yet, at the very least how about a new level for the current ones.
    I don't think any sort of buff to what is already the strongest part of a anti air defence is necessary.

    A third air sweeper would make air atracks impossible. Another level would come close to that. They are already the main thing you look for when attacking by air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10. #20
    Senior Member HoomanSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Persia
    Posts
    249
    Great idea , although it's really a pain when your troops gets sweeped while attacking xD

    Maybe we'll get it in the TH13

    Level 257Maxed TH12



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •