Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Such A Mystery

Not Such A Mystery

I don’t really care for the Mystery Derby - always in fear of getting goat milk, which never comes in multiples of 12, always 3 or 4 more than you have (which is obviously another diamond grab) - but just now, I chose my first task. Mining. Brilliant. Always got lots of mining tools. And away I go. Minutes later, task done, 400 points earned. Carefully choose my second task. Hmm. More mining. Oh well, still got quite a lot of tools. Away I go again. Another 400 points. Third task. REALLY careful now to pick the right one. And, hey, whaddya know? Only mining AGAIN. Is this SC having a laugh or am I doomed to be mining all week??
    Last edited by Cowslips; August 20th, 2019 at 09:18 AM.

I would love to get all mining tasks. I got lobster skewer. And I had no honey saved up.

Solo player here, first task is serve 7 salesmen. I’ve pulled 3 trains early; only 3 salesmen so far. Had to release many of my stacked townies to pull the trains. Sigh~ On the plus side, I really haven’t been into the game lately, so dropping from CL doesn’t much matter to me, just playing for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasthomas View Post
    I don’t really care for the Mystery Derby - always in fear of getting goat milk, which never comes in multiples of 12, always 3 or 4 more than you have (which is obviously another diamond grab) - but just now, I chose my first task. Mining. Brilliant. Always got lots of mining tools. And away I go. Minutes later, task done, 400 points earned. Carefully choose my second task. Hmm. More mining. Oh well, still got quite a lot of tools. Away I go again. Another 400 points. Third task. REALLY careful now to pick the right one. And, hey, whaddya know? Only mining AGAIN. Is this SC having a laugh or am I doomed to be mining all week??
    someone can correct me but I’m 90% sure they removed goat milk and strawberries from mystery tasks about 3-4 mystery derbies ago. You can still get wool and tomatoes but I haven’t seen goats or strawberries in ages. Not even a market or sweets basket! Has anyone gotten one? I could have sworn I read a while back they took them out to be more fair....can’t remember where I read it.

Has anyone gotten a mystery basket? We didn't get any for the last 2 mystery derbies. The baskets that popped up were the non mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    Has anyone gotten a mystery basket? We didn't get any for the last 2 mystery derbies. The baskets that popped up were the non mystery.
    I don’t remember ever getting a mystery basket.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    sure. I’ve had several. Two friends got tough and vegan this morning. Last derby I had picnic (which I remember because I had stacked warm ��).

I have not had, nor seen, a goat milk or strawberry basket or task in a long long time.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Re. Goats milk. My sister (and the only other member of my hood) got goats milk today as her second task. She ditched it, obviously!, but guess what her first task was? Yup, mining!!

Baskets are still very much a part of mystery derby. I too had heard that goat milk and strawberries were taken out long ago, so Iím surprised to hear that someone drew it. Someone told me today that tomatoes had been taken out, but I had never heard this. Has anyone drawn tomatoes recently?
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Whats a mystery basket - and what on earth is a non-mystery basket??