Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: no more truck breakdowns in Valley

  1. #1

    no more truck breakdowns in Valley

    These do not work as intended. I have never had my truck repaired, despite having 4 other trucks within one stop of my broken truck. I have never seen another truck to repair. I have plenty of fuel, but cannot play as my truck breaks. Then the tasks time out. Eliminate please.
    Last edited by VulcanforHayDay; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:45 PM.

  2. #2
    I completely agree. I’ve seen a couple of broken trucks, but there’s a glitch that won’t let me repair them when I get there. The truck breakdowns are the most annoying feature I’ve seen in Hay Day.

  3. #3
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    582
    I third this motion. This valley season I seem to get "fix broken truck" tasks every other day. I have found 1. I have only had my truck repaired once. Even though three of my neighbors were 1-3 stops away. AND there was another player on my exact spot.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

  4. #4
    Centennial Club dtx725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I completely agree. I’ve seen a couple of broken trucks, but there’s a glitch that won’t let me repair them when I get there. The truck breakdowns are the most annoying feature I’ve seen in Hay Day.
    It is no big deal with me. The risk of getting broken down at a stop adds some enchantment and unpredictability to the game. I just laugh when my truck hits a breakdown. It is only a 2 hr wait till it is ready again. More requests soon appear if one expires.
    Your truck is not continuously running any way. Its a good time to catch up on fuel numbers. So there is really no loss.

    The glitch is still there. It is a bummer because many players do not know you just close and re-open your app, then you will be able to the the pop-up to repair another player's truck. I had a neighbor try and help me. Sat there a while then her truck moved on. Most likely could not get the repair box to pop up.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    It is no big deal with me. The risk of getting broken down at a stop adds some enchantment and unpredictability to the game. I just laugh when my truck hits a breakdown. It is only a 2 hr wait till it is ready again. More requests soon appear if one expires.
    Your truck is not continuously running any way. Its a good time to catch up on fuel numbers. So there is really no loss.

    The glitch is still there. It is a bummer because many players do not know you just close and re-open your app, then you will be able to the the pop-up to repair another player's truck. I had a neighbor try and help me. Sat there a while then her truck moved on. Most likely could not get the repair box to pop up.
    May not be a big deal for you, but not everyone plays all day. I do not, and a truck breakdown usually means I do not play that day. It is not an enhancement and is all too predictable. When I do play, my truck does run a lot - I usually have 50 to 60 fuels that I cannot use.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    73
    It's just two hours....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykitten View Post
    It's just two hours....
    Those two hours can really mess up my strategy. It’s not just that I can’t use the Valley for two hours. It’s that I’ve planned out a route to get the tokens I want, I’ve used gas to get started on it, and when my truck breaks down I can’t complete the route because some of the building tasks expire in less than two hours. So by the time my truck is “fixed,” there are new requests that don’t have the tokens I wanted, and I’ve wasted gas on a route that wasn’t worth it. As hard as I work to earn gas, it’s incredibly annoying to waste it—and to lose out on tokens—because the game deliberately sabotages my truck.

  8. #8
    Centennial Club dtx725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    May not be a big deal for you, but not everyone plays all day. I do not, and a truck breakdown usually means I do not play that day. It is not an enhancement and is all too predictable. When I do play, my truck does run a lot - I usually have 50 to 60 fuels that I cannot use.

    Well you are not fooling anyone then. If your truck runs a lot, you are burning many fuels, and you say there are still 60 left over. It takes many hours to accumulate suns for a fuel spin unless you blow diamonds on your sun tasks. If that be the case, you can use diamonds also to repair your truck fast.

    It takes only a matter of minutes to burn off all fuel that took many hours to make, so 2 hr pause is nothing in comparison.
    I just come back later and my truck is up and running.

    Those two hours can really mess up my strategy. It’s not just that I can’t use the Valley for two hours. It’s that I’ve planned out a route to get the tokens I want, I’ve used gas to get started on it, and when my truck breaks down I can’t complete the route because some of the building tasks expire in less than two hours. So by the time my truck is “fixed,” there are new requests that don’t have the tokens I wanted, and I’ve wasted gas on a route that wasn’t worth it. As hard as I work to earn gas, it’s incredibly annoying to waste it—and to lose out on tokens—because the game deliberately sabotages my truck.
    If your strategy route is based on type of tokens then your route is unpredictable and waste fuel. It is because you cannot plan a long route as such due to the fact the requests are visible only at nearby buildings. Further buildings will say you are too far away. I attempted to do that but it just does not work.

    I have a back and forth route that I run which consumes the minimal amount of tokens. It has no 3 fuel building trips. Only 2 or 1 at a time to reach building to building. I have a few alternate leg extensions I can take to get the type tokens I need. Building requests refresh after so many hours so if you don't like what you see just wait a bit. Again, the fuel burn is fast, while the fuel accumulation is the time challenge of the game.
    Last edited by dtx725; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    If your strategy route is based on type of tokens then your route is unpredictable and waste fuel. It is because you cannot plan a long route as such due to the fact the requests are visible only at nearby buildings. Further buildings will say you are too far away. I attempted to do that but it just does not work.

    I have a back and forth route that I run which consumes the minimal amount of tokens. It has no 3 fuel building trips. Only 2 or 1 at a time to reach building to building. I have a few alternate leg extensions I can take to get the type tokens I need. Building requests refresh after so many hours so if you don't like what you see just wait a bit. Again, the fuel burn is fast, while the fuel accumulation is the time challenge of the game.
    That’s not what my strategy is based on. My general strategy is to get the most tokens for the least amount of fuel. Sometimes the color of tokens is a factor, but usually I just want to get as many tokens-per-tank as I can. I don’t choose “unpredictable” routes that waste fuel. I look at all the nearby buildings that show requests, and I choose the best route I can see to take me to buildings with known requests. If there isn’t a good route that gives me a lot of tokens for minimal fuel, I don’t go anywhere. I stay where I am until my current building has a new request, which is usually four hours. When the new request pops up, I can fill it without using any fuel, and then I look to see if there’s a good route nearby. If not, I’ll wait another four hours and try again. If I get to the point where I’m nearing the maximum of 100 fuel cans, then I just choose the best route I can see, but otherwise I keep waiting it out.

    I don’t mind waiting four hours (or more) for a good route, because it’s part of a strategy I’ve found effective. So the two-hour wait for the truck repair isn’t the issue for me. The issue is that the truck breakdowns often ruin my plans when the buildings I’d planned to go to have requests that expire in less than two hours, and I’ve already used fuel to get partway to one of them. Then my truck breaks down between buildings, and when the two-hour wait is up, I have to use more fuel to go anywhere – even if it’s back to the building where I started. So the problem isn’t the waiting, but the loss of tokens and the waste of fuel.

    I find the truck breakdowns especially annoying because I don’t see a good reason for them. Theoretically they’re supposed to encourage us to help each other—and to give us a chance to do some of the daily tasks. But so far, with the way the Valley has been working, those benefits rarely occur, because it’s usually impossible to find a nearby truck and fix it. So unless some significant changes are made, I see the truck breakdowns as destructive, without a good purpose.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Well you are not fooling anyone then. If your truck runs a lot, you are burning many fuels, and you say there are still 60 left over. It takes many hours to accumulate suns for a fuel spin unless you blow diamonds on your sun tasks. If that be the case, you can use diamonds also to repair your truck fast.

    It takes only a matter of minutes to burn off all fuel that took many hours to make, so 2 hr pause is nothing in comparison.
    I just come back later and my truck is up and running.

    .
    I was not trying to fool anyone, but apparently I confused you. I will try again with simpler words.
    First point - you say "if your truck runs a lot" - but I cannot run a lot when it is broken down. Hence my feature change request.
    You say that "it takes many hours to accumulate suns" - actually, no. Free spin - 8 fuel. First spin worked for, very easy, drop a couple of ready made traps, 9 fuel. Second spin worked for, real easy, 6 fuel. 23 total. First time trying to run truck, break down. Look again in 15 minutes. No one helped. Now i begin my real life, so do not play.
    Next day, repeat. Earned another 22 fuel. More than 40 fuel, and no truck to run because truck breaks down again. Frustrated now, so do not even check to see if fixed. Go to work.
    Third day. repeat. Earned another 20 - upwards of 60 fuel. moved to one building, then another. then truck breaks down.
    No diamond spent.
    Your ridiculous bold claim that it takes only a matter of imputes to burn off all fuel is only valid if the truck does not break down. In case you missed it, that is my feature change request.
    Glad you like this feature. I have a life and do not play the game all day long. Many do not like this feature, hence my request for Supercell to revisit this. Crops do not fail, animals do not die - trucks should not break down.

    I did not bother to address your misunderstanding of LuvHayDay's strategy, as it is addressed by LuvHayDay, other than to say that it does mess up strategies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •