Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Base battle tiebreakers

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I still think the best solution would be a 3-star tiebreaker based off of the number of troops (troop space based) remaining on the field and not deployed. It doesn't favor any particular strategy, simply the player who three starred with the least losses
    And what happens when both opponents have the same number of troops survive?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    And what happens when both opponents have the same number of troops survive?
    That ends in a draw. However that would be so rare that it's not a serious annoyance

Seriously ? 100% draws are extremely rare why change something when it hardly ever occurs and hardly affects the gameplay. Other draws yes are frustrating but itís still better than losing so big whoop. Iíd rather just wait and go to the next battle than have some random tiebreak.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    And what is the "troop space" for each of the Builder Base troops? On the Main Base it is easy to determine, each troop occupies a specific number of housing spaces within an Army Camp or Clan Castle. Not so on the Builder Base! For example: How many Sneaky Archers fit into a single Army Camp? Answer it all depends on the troop level of those same Sneaky Archers. So what defines that "troop space"?
    Each ground troop has a "weight" assigned to it, so that the spring traps can launch them off the board. That "weight" is equal to the troop space.

A witch with more bats should maybe count for more?

Anyhu, this is where a tiebreaker calculation becomes complicated and fuzzy ..

.. you got the same number of stars and destruction percentage as your opponent?

It's a draw .. easy to argue, easy to see ..

none of that "you lost because the opponent had 1 surviving bat more than you"..

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-17.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Millennial Club
    I think it has happened to me 4 times since I maxed builder hall 8 ages ago. I don't really think anything needs to change. I'll need to change up my base when people start getting max hogs though. Still, I have been 3ed a few times by pekka cart but I normally end up winning against that comp because people love to get 1 star against me. I haven't really kept track while using power potions but I think I was getting around 50% 3 stars because most bases are ignoring hogs for now (like I am). I hover around the 200 mark in the US on both accounts towards the end of the season (I only use attacks where I can get loot so it takes a while to gain trophies).

Quote Originally Posted by Tannkk View Post
    Seriously ? 100% draws are extremely rare why change something when it hardly ever occurs and hardly affects the gameplay. Other draws yes are frustrating but it’s still better than losing so big whoop. I’d rather just wait and go to the next battle than have some random tiebreak.
    They're not always rare, generally at early BH6/7/8 they are somewhat common

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    They're not always rare, generally at early BH6/7/8 they are somewhat common
    We are at bh9 now...

100% agree. Builderbase ties are soooo frustrating. It should be a tie-breaker by something else: whichever had the weaker troop levels, whichever had more troops left over, whichever finished faster, etc.. At an absolute minimum, ties should have auto-reset troop and BM cooldown immediately.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I have yet to see an actual reason given which doesn't boil down to "if you are quicker you should win".

I have actually had more 100% ties in the last week or so than I have for months.

If you are quicker (at achieving the perfect 3 star 100% destruction) you should win. Yes, that's it. There was some talk about how in a time limited, but not time fixed, competition, faster is better. Tennis, boxing, pursuit racing. Golden goal tie breaking.

What are the alternatives to faster is better? Slower is better? Faster/Slower is irrelevant. Only three choices.

We also jabbered about a different question: The desirability of a tiebreaker. Either we like 100% ties, or we don't.

NB. I have already agreed to the counter suggested 100% tiebreaker of winner goes to the one that used less troops, as a better idea. If you think you are good, hold back some troops and still achieve 100% destruction. You actually have a to risk something, a lot, to compete to win this one.

Update: I am increasingly experiencing 100% draws, after the few months of none.

Admittedly, I am not terribly bothered, I will not be quitting CoC because of BH 100% draws.

Hmm, I guess I just don't have a problem with ties

If it was a soccer game that ended 1-1 the winner isn't the team who scored first.
    Who used less time just seems like a really stupid way to decide who was best to me.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?