Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Base battle tiebreakers

  1. #41
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Hmm, I guess I just don't have a problem with ties

    If it was a soccer game that ended 1-1 the winner isn't the team who scored first.
    Who used less time just seems like a really stupid way to decide who was best to me.
    Soccer ties are quite common and in cases where a winner has to be found it's goes into extended play time followed by "goal kicks" until a winner is found.

    In Builder Base, it's just a draw, wait a few minutes and try again with another opponent .. easy and clean.

    The TieBreaker is the same as the Main Base and for everything else in the game .. Stars first, then percentage destruction. Easy to understand easy to verify.

    That said, I do believe that I've had Draws on Builder Base for every percentage point from 25 to 100 .. it happens, you move on.

    /Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.18.17.18.16.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

  2. #42
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post

    If it was a soccer game that ended 1-1 the winner isn't the team who scored first.
    Low scoring soccer games are bad. Get rid of the goal keeper, make the goals bigger, something! There might be 100 co-ordinated plays, each with a minuscule chance of success, it means games are won by chance. But this is a low scoring problem. The opposite of the 100% BH ties. The 100% BH tie problem is one of both sides achieving perfection. Like darts, where everyone gets the perfect score.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Low scoring soccer games are bad. Get rid of the goal keeper, make the goals bigger, something! There might be 100 co-ordinated plays, each with a minuscule chance of success, it means games are won by chance. But this is a low scoring problem. The opposite of the 100% BH ties. The 100% BH tie problem is one of both sides achieving perfection. Like darts, where everyone gets the perfect score.
    If that were true, you would see much more upsets in soccer - but the better teams usually win, despite 2-1 scores and draws.

    Soccer aside, if you're seeing a lot of 100% ties in BH, then you need to get out of the low trophies and the low BH levels. Up above 4000s, where there are developed BH9s, there are far fewer triples. They happen, and sometimes there are 100-100 draws, but they're really not an epidemic.

  4. #44
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    If that were true, you would see much more upsets in soccer - but the better teams usually win, despite 2-1 scores and draws.

    Soccer aside, if you're seeing a lot of 100% ties in BH, then you need to get out of the low trophies and the low BH levels. Up above 4000s, where there are developed BH9s, there are far fewer triples. They happen, and sometimes there are 100-100 draws, but they're really not an epidemic.
    The soccer analogy applies to teams that are equally strong. Each is able to perfectly three star the other.

    No, there is not an epidemic. There was before the nerf of the canon cart. Max canon carts max PEKKAs used to three star max bases, but thatís the past.

  5. #45
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,013
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    The soccer analogy applies to teams that are equally strong. Each is able to perfectly three star the other.

    No, there is not an epidemic. There was before the nerf of the canon cart. Max canon carts max PEKKAs used to three star max bases, but thatís the past.
    They are much more common in the lower trophy ranges. Right now, I'm see a fair amount on my mini in the 2200 - 2400 range. As a near max 5, I'm seeing a range of bh 6 - 8. The 7s and 8s are badly rushed. But they often have the firepower to steamroll my base. Since they are badly rushed, I can often 3 star them. Think level 1 walls and few if any defenses upgraded. However, it takes me more time. And they will have more troops left over. They started with more. So, my vote is lower bh level wins if there were a tiebreaker.

    Btw, I know I shouldnt be maxing. It's a mini. I like it low for clan games.
    Last edited by Piper139; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:38 PM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    If you are quicker (at achieving the perfect 3 star 100% destruction) you should win. Yes, that's it.
    And you have the nerve to say you haven't seen a good argument against it, when you now admit yourself you have no actual argument for it.

    There was some talk about how in a time limited, but not time fixed, competition, faster is better. Tennis, boxing, pursuit racing. Golden goal tie breaking.
    Pursuit racing is racing. None of the others have any "quicker wins".

    What are the alternatives to faster is better? Slower is better? Faster/Slower is irrelevant. Only three choices.
    The last, of course. Speed is totally irrelevant so long as you finish within the overall time limit.


    We also jabbered about a different question: The desirability of a tiebreaker. Either we like 100% ties, or we don't.
    Indeed. Most people, in most sports outside of the USA are quite used to ties, and don't see any real necessity for tiebreakers. That doesn't mean we like ties, but we see them as a part of the game, and better than some artificial means of making a decision.

    In things like knockout competitions, where you have to have a winner, there is normally some form of overtime, and another contest of some sort if it is still a tie then (such as the penalty shoot out in soccer). You don't go for whoever scored first. They even tried a "golden goal" in overtime for soccer, but did away with it after one world cup tournament.

    NB. I have already agreed to the counter suggested 100% tiebreaker of winner goes to the one that used less troops, as a better idea.

    If you think you are good, hold back some troops and still achieve 100% destruction. You actually have a to risk something, a lot, to compete to win this one.
    I would agree that is better than time. I'm not convinced it is necessary.

    Update: I am increasingly experiencing 100% draws, after the few months of none.

    Admittedly, I am not terribly bothered, I will not be quitting CoC because of BH 100% draws.
    I am experiencing more as well. I think just because we are at the stage where many have the troops they use most maxed, but few have defences any where near maxed yet, and until people catch up with defences, there is an offensive bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #47
    Forum Champion PhilISuppose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    with the mushrooms
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...Most people, in most sports outside of the USA are quite used to ties, and don't see any real necessity for tiebreakers. That doesn't mean we like ties, but we see them as a part of the game...
    Try explaining Test Cricket to Americans where you can have
    Win
    Loss
    Draw
    Tie

    Yup, draws and ties, and they are different

    Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Try explaining Test Cricket to Americans where you can have
    Win
    Loss
    Draw
    Tie

    Yup, draws and ties, and they are different
    Indeed. We have had one draw in the current Ashes series, and if Stokes had got out rather than gettin 4 from that last ball on Sunday, we would have had a tie
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #49
    Forum Champion PhilISuppose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    with the mushrooms
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Indeed. We have had one draw in the current Ashes series, and if Stokes had got out rather than gettin 4 from that last ball on Sunday, we would have had a tie
    I played in a tied game once, took the final catch at long off for the tenth wicket.
    (to totally sidetrack the thread!)

    Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

  10. #50
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Indeed. We have had one draw in the current Ashes series, and if Stokes had got out rather than gettin 4 from that last ball on Sunday, we would have had a tie
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    I played in a tied game once, took the final catch at long off for the tenth wicket.
    (to totally sidetrack the thread!)
    This is an example of "context matters" .. because, even if you know the language, you have no idea what this is about :-)

    When my parents talk about "that friend down the street's grand sons new internship", I have the same problem :-)

    /Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.18.17.18.16.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •