Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Base battle tiebreakers

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    If you are getting 3 starred that much, you need to work on your base design. The addition of the defenses actually adds more hp and dps than upgrading existing ones. I went to 9 as max bh8 and did not see this 3 star draw phenomenon. I am maxing my mini bh5 and also not seeing it.

To the op, no to time as a tie breaker. That's not rewarding anything but spamming as fast as you can. If there had to be one, I could deal with troops remaining as a percent of camp space.
    It's probably a bigger problem when you're a new 6/7/8. at those levels, you still face offensively lopsided bases, whereas at Bh9 you mostly face similar bases because rushed Bh10s can't exist. As for Bh5, a few of my clanmates have bases there, and due to to the defensive lopsidedness of that Bh level plus the inexperience of players, you probably don't see many at Bh5 or below.

although my base design is probably a factor at Bh7.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Gets mud thrown at it, not shot down. Never once has there been a good reason why not.
    There are many more good reasons why not than the zero good reasons why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Slarty View Post
    Anybody else tired of getting 100% destruction draws in Builder base battles?
    How about a time based tiebreaker?
    Whoever completes their attack in the least amount of time should be declared the winner.
    I agree fully!

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There are many more good reasons why not than the zero good reasons why.
    I accept that you do not agree with my reasons, but I insist that mud splatter on them did not shoot them down.

I previously admitted that the whole thing is probably academic, as post canon cart nerf I had zero 100% ties for months, and the lava launcher made things only harder. However, I now have an update: Over the last week, I experienced two 100% ties. (slow dribble circumferential level 18 Baby Dragons are good for 100%. My BH5-7 accounts score 100%, but the opponent doesn't)

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    I accept that you do not agree with my reasons, but I insist that mud splatter on them did not shoot them down.
    I have yet to see an actual reason given which doesn't boil down to "if you are quicker you should win".

I previously admitted that the whole thing is probably academic, as post canon cart nerf I had zero 100% ties for months, and the lava launcher made things only harder. However, I now have an update: Over the last week, I experienced two 100% ties. (slow dribble circumferential level 18 Baby Dragons are good for 100%. My BH5-7 accounts score 100%, but the opponent doesn't)
    I have actually had more 100% ties in the last week or so than I have for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Here are my own thoughts regarding ....

For players whom only play the Builder Base causally, not attempting a Leaderboard run, are more likely prone to be looking for a "just get it over with and let me move on to other things" view. For them, the trophies in themselves are not important, it is more of "just get me my 3 wins for the day as quick as possible". So for that group, which is admittedly probably the bulk of the population, including myself, an additional tie breaker would be welcome, even if a coin flip. At least then they have a 50% chance of having that coin flip in their favor, have one more win for the day, and one less battle to do.

But I also recognize there are competitive players, those making Leaderboard runs, and for them every loss matters, a lot! For them my gut felling is they would prefer a draw as opposed to a chance loss (by unluckily just happening to take 1 second more, or a coin flip, or due to use of less troops, or etc.).

We see this all the time. There are highly competitive players in multiplayer, competative player in versus battles, competative teams in CWL, competitive clans in traditional wars. Yet we see the noncompetitive request changes that make thier own life easier, ignoring that the structures exists to begin with for the competitive aspect.

So if the distractors are "throwing mud", then it must also then be accepted that the proponents have failed to show that such a change enhances the competitiveness aspect. Whenever a change is proposed (change in law, change in a game rule, etc.) the burden is on the proponents to show why that change is needed to begin with.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:15 PM.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slarty View Post
    Anybody else tired of getting 100% destruction draws in Builder base battles?
    How about a time based tiebreaker?
    Whoever completes their attack in the least amount of time should be declared the winner.
    How about declaring the one with most troop hit points the winner?

Or the one who destroyed most walls?

Or the one who made his troop track the longest path?

Or the one who activated most traps?

Or the least traps?

We have 1 minute to scout and 3 minutes to attack.. itís the same for everybody.. no extra points are given for spam attacks or for drip attacks..

Most stars, then highest percentage. Equal numbers lead to a draw.

Deal with it.

/Affront

I still think the best solution would be a 3-star tiebreaker based off of the number of troops (troop space based) remaining on the field and not deployed. It doesn't favor any particular strategy, simply the player who three starred with the least losses

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I still think the best solution would be a 3-star tiebreaker based off of the number of troops (troop space based) remaining on the field and not deployed. It doesn't favor any particular strategy, simply the player who three starred with the least losses
    And what is the "troop space" for each of the Builder Base troops? On the Main Base it is easy to determine, each troop occupies a specific number of housing spaces within an Army Camp or Clan Castle. Not so on the Builder Base! For example: How many Sneaky Archers fit into a single Army Camp? Answer it all depends on the troop level of those same Sneaky Archers. So what defines that "troop space"?
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    And what is the "troop space" for each of the Builder Base troops? On the Main Base it is easy to determine, each troop occupies a specific number of housing spaces within an Army Camp or Clan Castle. Not so on the Builder Base! For example: How many Sneaky Archers fit into a single Army Camp? Answer it all depends on the troop level of those same Sneaky Archers. So what defines that "troop space"?
    There are multiple valid approaches to this.

It could be based off of the amount of troops that can fit in a camp at the current level (rounded), assuming each camp is 100 spaces baby dragons take 33 spaces, level 14 archers take 10 spaces, level 18 archers take 8 spaces, level 14 barbarians take 5 spaces, Superpekka takes 100 spaces, etc.

Another approach is to assign set values to each troop, such as barbs are worth 1, archers are worth 2, baby dragons are worth 7, pekkas are worth 20, Drop ships are worth 10, bombers are worth 4, etc.