Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Builder Base battle tiebreakers

I would prefer a tiebreaker based on the number of troops remaining after the 3 star. (Based off troop space rather than number of troops of course) A time based tiebreaker would only encourage thoughtless spam attacks

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You may dislike the answers and view them as mud slinging, others view them as valid responses. For all the complaints about spam attacks that require no skill, you would think the LAST thing people want is a timed finish. As Rowman pointed out, this is not a race. Speed isn't always good, as proof, if you are married, ask your wife.
    Valid responses but not “shot down”.

Diasgree that the game is not, in very large part, a race against time.

Speed is always less important that achieving perfection. Perfection sooner is better than perfection later.

Tweak your base so it doesn't lose or get tied as often?

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I would prefer a tiebreaker based on the number of troops remaining after the 3 star. (Based off troop space rather than number of troops of course) A time based tiebreaker would only encourage thoughtless spam attacks
    I like this! If you want to angle for winning the tiebreaker, you have to put something down for it, sacrifice one troop from your attack. Or should you hold back two? Three?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Valid responses but not “shot down”.

Diasgree that the game is not, in very large part, a race against time.

Speed is always less important that achieving perfection. Perfection sooner is better than perfection later.
    The only component that is a race against time is the race against the clock. It is not a race against your opponent. As someone else noted, I would prefer it be based on remaining troops (if you buy into the idea that a tie is not a valid result).

I like this! If you want to angle for winning the tiebreaker, you have to put something down for it, sacrifice one troop from your attack. Or should you hold back two? Three?
    I meant the amount of surviving troops. Of course the amount of troops you didn't deploy would still count, but troops on the battlefield at the end of the attack also count. I doubt any player would hold troops to win a tiebreaker, when holding troops would likely decrease % and result in losing before the tiebreaker. Plus, if players regularly enter matches where they can safely 3 star the enemy while holding back, it's a major problem with the offense vs. defense balance of the game.

Forum Veteran
    I meant the amount of surviving troops. Of course the amount of troops you didn't deploy would still count, but troops on the battlefield at the end of the attack also count. I doubt any player would hold troops to win a tiebreaker, when holding troops would likely decrease % and result in losing before the tiebreaker. Plus, if players regularly enter matches where they can safely 3 star the enemy while holding back, it's a major problem with the offense vs. defense balance of the game.
    I have found the biggest reason for ties is due to the unbalanced rushing mindset. Pretty easy to for both sides to get 100% when both sides have defense several levels below max. As I approach max, the number of 100% ties decreases dramatically.

So, does it need an adjustment due to the volume of ties or is this 100% in control of the players who lag in defensive development? I would suggest the latter.

Forum Elder
    Gets mud thrown at it, not shot down. Never once has there been a good reason why not.
    Totally wrong. There are good reasons and a few of them are sneaky archers, pekkas, baby dragons. Breaking ties with time only encourages fast moving troops and eliminates planned, deliberate attacks. The game would have to be redesigned with this feature in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I have found the biggest reason for ties is due to the unbalanced rushing mindset. Pretty easy to for both sides to get 100% when both sides have defense several levels below max. As I approach max, the number of 100% ties decreases dramatically.

So, does it need an adjustment due to the volume of ties or is this 100% in control of the players who lag in defensive development? I would suggest the latter.
    The problem is, 100% draws don't just effect offensively lopsided bases. They also effect balanced bases that are new to their builder hall

I don't experience them all that much anymore, but whenever I reach a new Bh level, my offense increases quickly at first, and my defense takes a while to catch up. This isn't a decision to focus more on offense than on defense, it's just how progression works. during these more than 10% of my raids are 3 star draws, on bad days it can near 50%.

You shouldn't experience a large number of 3 star draws if you're maxing, they should only have a serious effect on players who have massively unbalanced bases.

The problem is, 100% draws don't just effect offensively lopsided bases. They also effect balanced bases that are new to their builder hall

I don't experience them all that much anymore, but whenever I reach a new Bh level, my offense increases quickly at first, and my defense takes a while to catch up. This isn't a decision to focus more on offense than on defense, it's just how progression works. during these more than 10% of my raids are 3 star draws, on bad days it can near 50%.

You shouldn't experience a large number of 3 star draws if you're maxing, they should only have a serious effect on players who have massively unbalanced bases.
    If you are getting 3 starred that much, you need to work on your base design. The addition of the defenses actually adds more hp and dps than upgrading existing ones. I went to 9 as max bh8 and did not see this 3 star draw phenomenon. I am maxing my mini bh5 and also not seeing it.

To the op, no to time as a tie breaker. That's not rewarding anything but spamming as fast as you can. If there had to be one, I could deal with troops remaining as a percent of camp space.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22