Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need tips for de farming

Need tips for de farming

hey guys could anyone please tell me how to max my heroes fast and eficiently??

Use low cost DE armies and only hit bases with 3k+ DE available to loot. Personally I like using Dragloon (around 8 loons, rest drags), as it is relatively easy to snipe the DE storage and get the collectors in the process, while usually getting 1-2 stars. Masters is usually good for TH9 DE farming, because in Champions I find it harder to get my army to the DE storage, and in Crystal I personally feel that there isn't enough DE to farm. Make sure you (almost) always have your heroes being upgraded.

I agree on dragloon - I used it to max my heroes in about 2.5 months.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH11 - LOJY8UUP9

Trainee
    I have several “career 9” accounts. I found the quickest way to max them out was to push farm them with 2 Golems, 10 Witches, 8 Wizards and 4 Wall Breakers, Bowlers in the CC with a poison and 2 heals, a rage a jump and a poison. That combo will 3 star any live TH9 base or dead TH10 base, get you 2 stars on most live TH10 bases or dead TH11 base or 1 star any anti-3 star TH11 or 12 base or TH11 base with an exposed Eagle Artillery. The league bonus covers the cost of using DE rich army (prior to the update of Legends League my loot bonus was 340k gold/elixir and 2400 DE and my star bonus was 900k gold/elixir and 4500 DE). The key to push farming is knowing what kind of base you can defeat and nexting the ones that aren’t worth the risk as cups are precious. The time you spend nexting ensures that your heroes will be awake and your next army will finish cooking by the end of your next raid since in the higher leagues you may only come across live maxed TH12s for a long time before a defeatable target comes along.
    The other option like someone mentioned previously, is to use a low DE army. I suggest using 8 loons, 3 dragons, 12 baby dragons, 1 edragon and haste or quake (depending on what league you are in; if taking on a lot of TH11/Lvl9 ADs you’ll need the EQ to Zapquake the AD, whereas if Lvl8 or below, Zaps itself will work fine so haste for the loons is better) in your CC and 4 lightning and a haste or EQ. This combo can 3 star TH9s, but not all of them as its mainly good for core diving to the DE Storages. Watch where the blowers are pointed and come behind or parallel to them. Take out the 2 ADs that are in the way of the DE storage (or the farthest 2 if going for 3 star and if there are 2 near your approach point that you can take out early with your loons), set your funnel with your baby dragons, support with loons as needed, drop your 3 dragons at your approach point to tank for your edragon and release CC right in the middle of the dragons. Heroes are optional and can help funnel, distract air targeting point defenses or AQ/GW. It only cost 85 DE to cook so almost all the DE you earn is net. It’s also good for busy schedules cause it takes so long to cook that I just wait till both standing army and standby army are cooked, then hit twice back to back, re-queue up army and return in about 2 hours and repeat the cycle.
    Good luck maxing out your 9. The grind is nothing like it used to be. Once you get there, enjoy it for a while; max 9 is a great place to be as its balanced and the bread and butter of mixed base war clans.

Centennial Club
    A lot of threads on this topic exists already:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...rming-Stratagy

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Max-TH9-Heroes

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ystal-league-2

Also I'd love to see some numbers for those two push farming strategies, specifically DE profit/h and compare it to goblin knife that could easily be pushed in the vicinity of 20-25k/h.
    And while I'm interested in hearing about alternative farming tactics, they both strike me as requiring a lot of practice, which you sort of touched on yourself. I think it'd be better to advise the op a simpler tactic like goblin knife, which can more or less be done with your eyes closed and hands tied behind your back and what not.
    Last edited by Munitor; August 19th, 2019 at 12:18 AM.

Millennial Club
    Mass dragons with rage balloons in cc
    Babyloon (5 baby dragons, rest balloons, hound in cc)
    Goblin knife
    Or Queen walk (16 giants, 16 wizards, 8 wall breakers, 4 healers and 4 archers; 2 heal 1 rage 1 jump, preferably bowlers in cc if not more giants or wizards will do)

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    A lot of threads on this topic exists already:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...rming-Stratagy

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Max-TH9-Heroes

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ystal-league-2

Also I'd love to see some numbers for those two push farming strategies, specifically DE profit/h and compare it to goblin knife that could easily be pushed in the vicinity of 20-25k/h.
    And while I'm interested in hearing about alternative farming tactics, they both strike me as requiring a lot of practice, which you sort of touched on yourself. I think it'd be better to advise the op a simpler tactic like goblin knife, which can more or less be done with your eyes closed and hands tied behind your back and what not.
    yeah, i started out my early TH9 days with goblin knife, but found that it wasn’t as effective at the higher leagues since inferno towers and eagle artillery rendered those masses of goblins into mincemeat before they could core out the DE storages and/or drills. Plus, if there were too many Wizard Towers in the path of the objectives, that army was no good. Babyloon doesnt take too much practice and its a low pressure raid since you handle the Zaps ahead of time instead of worrying about spell drop placement in the heat of battle. I would guesstimate my net DE return on that strategy is around 6k DE per raid. I would also point out that when you push farm, your main problem is that you collect more loot than you can store

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IPF View Post
    I would guesstimate my net DE return on that strategy is around 6k DE per raid.
    We assume maxed troops and spending all troops every attack. We assume all storages, collectors and CC to be cleared every attack. We also assume full league bonus every attack.

The maximum DE available as a TH9 for TH9, TH10 and TH11-12 respectively:

T1 max bonus:

Army cost BabyLoon:

Army training time:
    31 min

That gives us the following possible DE profits for attacking TH9, TH10, TH11-12 respectively:

And the maximum profit/h:

Ok, let's look at Goblin Knife.

Maximum DE available for TH9 and TH10:

C1 max bonus:

Army cost:

Army training time:
    22 min

Maximum profits for TH9 and TH10:

And the maximum profit/h:

In conclusion, the two tactics have comparable profits given the assumptions. Where they differ is first of all the amount of attacks needed for maximum efficiency, where if you don't play too often BabyLoon would probably be preferred. Secondly Goblin Knife doesn't rely on heroes or CC in any way, whereas BabyLoon clearly works best with specific CC troops and spells. Thirdly BabyLoon is clearly much more effective at higher trophy ranges because it can take upgraded and higher bases. GK starts to loose efficiency whenever a base has maximized splash damage, so from anecdotes it's probably not feasible past middle of Masters.
    Last edited by Munitor; August 20th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Trainee
    This is the maximum DE available (as a TH9) on a base from DE storage+collectors+cc (first one to find an error gets a rep):

TH9:
    TH10:
    TH11-12:

T1 max bonus:

Army cost (from your GoWitch example):

That gives us the following possible DE profits for attacking TH9, TH10, TH11-12 respectively:

So when you're saying that you average 6k DE profit, what you're actually saying is that you on average do 70%+ destruction on TH10-12 bases that have both resource capped CC and collectors as a TH9. I find that very hard to believe, so if you could please provide actual data for that claim.

Furthermore the OP specifically asked for efficiency and while your GoWitch might be great for pushing it takes 45 mins to cook as opposed to your standard goblin knife that can be done in about 22 mins or so. The T1 max bonus can't be done with GK, on the other hand GK cost no DE, leaving the possible DE from a base using GK as the raw maximum DE available, described above. Per attack GK is therefore on par with GoWitch, but only takes half as long to cook.

In short, your proposed GoWitch farming tactic is only half as good as GK in terms of DE profit/h.

To clarify, the quote you used was in response to another respondent, not the OP, so I was referring to my DE farming army of Babyloon compared to Goblin Knife. That army only cost 85 DE so with loot bonus combined with DE looted, my guesstimated average return is around 6K DE per hit.
    Whether or not a person chooses to push farm or use a DE specific farming army is completely the choice of the individual. There’s no right or wrong way to play this game as long as you are enjoying your game play. COC offers something different for each person and everyone’s lifestyle and play style is varied so what works well for 1 person might not work as well for another.
    I actually had to laugh when you said, “I find that very hard to believe, so if you could please provide actual data for that claim.”������. What you believe or dont believe is strictly your business, but I have no reason to mislead someone who is seeking help. There is absolutely no advantage for me to do this and I have never had any contact nor probably will ever have contact with the OP unless they choose to read these responses and respond. I am merely answering based on my own experiences and “guesstimated” my returns based on my past experiences as I do not have attack logs to refer to since my 3 TH12s are no longer maxed after the last update so Ive been farming them up instead of pushing on my 9s. There is no longer viable gameplay for a TH9 to stay in legends league with the new format so sadly all my career 9s are unbadged and only used for war.

Trainee
    This is the maximum DE available (as a TH9) on a base from DE storage+collectors+cc (first one to find an error gets a rep):

Army cost (from your GoWitch example):
    Yeah, this is being nitpicky, but since you threw out the challenge..... I’d say there is an error in your figures adding the DE available in Storage, collectors and cc, since collectors have no DE; its drills that contain DE as well as the TH ������
    Also, your Go♥♥♥♥♥ DE cost is off by 10... 2325 is the DE Cost.