Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After nearly 9 months of grinding and upgrading, I finally did it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Yup, my advice is always

1 keep your lab active, if your lab is totally maxed for your TH, go to the next TH
    2 upgrade a hero whenever you can (your own preference for war, CWL might slow you down here)
    3 if you can't spend a resource (gold/elixir/dark) go to the next TH where you can
    4 at the very extreme, if you have idle builders, go to the next TH

walls will look after themselves

I asked someone once the question (he was farming for walls in the scrub leagues)
    "would you rather have max heroes, and use them to farm your walls... or max walls, and use them to farm your heroes?"
    bit of a nobrainer for me really
    These days, there really isnt any reason you cant get them all done about the same time. Just adjust medal and magic item selections according to need. I hit heroes hard at the start of a th level, max them, then start getting lab hammers and books. Walls just happen along and along. It worked well until supercel dropped 20 more hero levels on me. Still, I imagine I'll finish heroes a bit before walls. Lab may a bit sooner as I hit that hard to get multiple max attack options available. I've really only done the wall grind twice. Both at th8. I newb rushed my main with gold walls. Fixed it. Was trying hyper rush my mini, hated it, and almost done fixing it. I'll go back to my raid for de and everything else will follow strat in a couple weeks when I go to 9. Call it planned maxing. I dont waste resources or time. Throw in gold pass and it got even easier.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Congrats. I know the feeling when you finish a high wall level! Keep grinding.

Centennial Club
    Congrats! My mini just maxed last wall yesterday. It's now a max 11. I rarely raid on it, just donate to my 12 in Legend. But I think it looks cool with all white walls! Heros have been done for awhile. Lab was done about a week ago. So max can be completed fairly close together. Heros, Lab, walls.

Walls are the one coming last line, always go for heroes first and now that is also easy due to book of heroes and heroes hammer. Upgrade the walls either to dump your loot or else just do it the end of the cycle. Walls are not that beneficial to upgrade and costs a ton, they are just a status symbol and an indicator of being active player.
    Last edited by mkmishra7; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:36 AM.

Banned
    level 11 FLAMING MAGMA WALLS all done at TH10? Hmmm....

I have barely completed 275 wall upgrades into SKULL WALLS.
    Most still are in DARK CRYSTAL WALLS level. Got 5 SPIKES OF PAIN Walls though by wall ring.

How do you do it boy the fire wall upgrades?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Yup, my advice is always

1 keep your lab active, if your lab is totally maxed for your TH, go to the next TH
    2 upgrade a hero whenever you can (your own preference for war, CWL might slow you down here)
    3 if you can't spend a resource (gold/elixir/dark) go to the next TH where you can
    My way was to do it mostly like this, but when i maxed everything but the walls i delayed the TH upgrade a little and get used to some DE heavy attacks because previosly most DE went into heroes. With this my walls get up too and the lab can catch up a little...
    Last edited by ZionWhiteRabbit; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:30 AM.
    TH12 (51/62/31) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH10 (22/30/ -) TH9 (13/15/ -)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmishra7 View Post
    Walls are the one coming last line, always go for heroes first and now that is also easy due to book of heroes and heroes hammer. Upgrade the walls either to dump your loot or else just do it the end of the cycle. Walls are not that beneficial to upgrade and costs a ton, they are just a status symbol and an indicator of being active player.
    Or can save you from a 3* in war defence when the enemy Queen choose a wall...
    TH12 (51/62/31) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH10 (22/30/ -) TH9 (13/15/ -)

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Walls take a while, so Iím happy to have one of the 2 major grinds totally done.

.. but, they DON'T take a while .. you could have had maxed heroes AND maxed walls right now, if you had focused on DE raiding..

i.e. ignoring 400K/400K/1K offers and taken the 200K/200K/4K offers instead.

The only thing that happens, when you max your walls is, that you have nowhere to dump excess resources and you will become a permanent 600K/600K/6K offer. Good job, you chose wrong.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.18.17.18.16.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Millennial Club
    That is really odd to do walls before hero's. I mean my 2nd TH12 has TH9 max walls still with a few TH10 walls. Heros, lab, def are way way more important. Base design can prevent 3 stars way more than the level of your walls. Especially considering how few troops get stopped by walls (giants, bowlers, witches).

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    .. but, they DON'T take a while .. you could have had maxed heroes AND maxed walls right now, if you had focused on DE raiding..

i.e. ignoring 400K/400K/1K offers and taken the 200K/200K/4K offers instead.

The only thing that happens, when you max your walls is, that you have nowhere to dump excess resources and you will become a permanent 600K/600K/6K offer. Good job, you chose wrong.

/Affront
    To secure peace is to prepare for war.