Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: More then 12 hours already for finding an oponent for clanwar.

More then 12 hours already for finding an oponent for clanwar.

Is that normal? No I can't change the people in my clan suddenly. This seems to be a serious flaw in the system if it is only possible to get match if you have a soort of standard clan.
    RazorBlade from the clan De Baar Bazen
    TH12:★★★★★ BBK:65 AQ:65 GW:40 | Clash of Stats: RazorBlade | De Baar Bazen

Forum Champion
    I wouldn’t say 12 hours is normal but it’s definitely not unheard of. Especially if you are running an odd lineup or have a large spread of town hall levels. It’s important to keep in mind that the matchmaking system is looking for a clan that is similar to yours. What size war are you trying and what’s your roster?

So what can any of us say without any information but 'it is 12 hours and spinning still'...
    The system is the system and yes it is flawed, like any system out there. If you are running at 15/15 with TH3 through TH12, be prepared for wayyyyy longer and odd matchups, if anything.

Finaly after more then 16 hours of searching a match is found. Perhaps broaden the scope a bit if it takes really long to find a match. Yes I am sort of starting my own clan. That means lower townhalls and max TH12 are in one clan.
    RazorBlade from the clan De Baar Bazen
    TH12:★★★★★ BBK:65 AQ:65 GW:40 | Clash of Stats: RazorBlade | De Baar Bazen

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlade72nd View Post
    Finaly after more then 16 hours of searching a match is found. Perhaps broaden the scope a bit if it takes really long to find a match. Yes I am sort of starting my own clan. That means lower townhalls and max TH12 are in one clan.
    this is why its taken so long, its such an uncommon roster.

Keep in mind, the “broadening of the scope” will happen to your clan also. Imagine if they relaxed the threshold every so slightly and you got matched to a maxed out maxxer style clan. Wouldn’t be fair, right?

If you’re going to run a special roster be prepared to see long search times or no matches found. Depending on your roster, you may never find a war...

The matchmaker does a much better job of looking for an even match now than it used to. It has been a big improvement. The only way I'd support them "broadening the scope" for an odd roster is if they did it in one direction only: to the disadvantage of the odd roster.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    If by “broaden the scope” you mean that you’d be ok with a quick match against a mostly TH12 clan, I don’t think many people would agree with you. If you mean a quick match against a mostly TH3 clan, I don’t think many would agree with that either. The system is trying to match you with a clan that closely matches yours so that neither side is put at a disadvantage. That’s not a flaw, that’s exactly what players wanted.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 664 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Forum Elder
    Is that normal? No I can't change the people in my clan suddenly. This seems to be a serious flaw in the system if it is only possible to get match if you have a soort of standard clan.
    The matchmaking is not flawed.
    What it sets out to do is match 2 clans that have an equal chance of winning on paper.
    It does not take skill level, clan level, nor war log into consideration, but it will find clans that are similar in appearance, or at least similar war weight.

If someone tries to run with an uncommon roster break down, it may likely create a situation whereby a mismatch would be the only way for that clan to get a hit.

SC already stated they dont want uneven wars, so the likely result will be a "no match found" message after 24 hours of search.
    This can in no way be blamed on SC, or their MMA.. Because no matter what the reasons, it is the person whom started the spin that created that odd ball roster.

There are always 2 clans involved in a war match, so why should the other clan suffer a mismatch, no matter whether in their favour, or against them, simply because someone either cant or wont spin with a roster that will match easily.
    Your problem mate.. You created it.. You fix it.

you got a hit after 16 hours, so at least someone else is out there.. But going forward, you cant match that same clan every war.
    Your membership is gonna have to get busy if they want wars mate.

Forum Elder
    An update to this mate..
    I lost my perfect war streak last war.. messed up twice on the same base, leaving me a star short.

So i stepped the roster up to 15v for this search.
    So far, it is almost 11 hours and counting..
    I wont stop the search, since differing time zones bring fresh searches all the time, as clans go about their day to day business.

My problem, is that I started with quite a bit of low weight, or rather, a few filler bases.
    If it matches, there is a likelihood that I will draw either rushers or roster engineers.
    If it doesnt match, I will replace the lowest account with the highest 9 I left out (th9 is top base).

I feel, through experiencing the longest searches when using too many low "filler" accounts, that squeezing some advantage comes with a "no match" risk.
    Your clan has 45 members, many of which are at the high end of the game..
    But what war size do you use, and how many "make weights" are included in the roster that takes so long to match?
    We have had widened search criteria.. It almost killed the game mate.. A no match is preferable to those dark times.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:04 PM.