Thread: Very simple, very important warden change re. walls

Centennial Club

Very simple, very important warden change re. walls

When the warden is the last remaining troop, he should stop targeting walls. Very simple, very easy.

Why? He's a support troop and he's following though with his last set of orders.

Why would he not do that? I understand it's frustrating, but it doesn't make sense to change it.

That's like saying a Goblin, if it's the last troop, should target the defenses attacking it instead.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Why? He's a support troop and he's following though with his last set of orders.

Why would he not do that? I understand it's frustrating, but it doesn't make sense to change it.

That's like saying a Goblin, if it's the last troop, should target the defenses attacking it instead.
    But the warden can jump over walls regardless of whether he's set to air or ground, so why would he try to destroy something that he could jump over?
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 |

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    But the warden can jump over walls regardless of whether he's set to air or ground, so why would he try to destroy something that he could jump over?
    Bloody is correct. The warden follows through on his last set of orders no matter what happens. He is told to help take out a wall, and until that wall is gone or he is given another order by other troops, that's what he's gonna do. He doesn't target walls because he needs too, he does because he was told too. Changing this behavior would make him go rogue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Bloody is correct. The warden follows through on his last set of orders no matter what happens. He is told to help take out a wall, and until that wall is gone or he is given another order by other troops, that's what he's gonna do. He doesn't target walls because he needs too, he does because he was told too. Changing this behavior would make him go rogue IMO.
    But the OP is only asking for that behavior to change as soon as all other troops are dead, at which point it makes no sense for him to continue going for a wall
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 |

The thing I would like to change, is the behavior of the GW when the troop(s) he’s supporting are frozen by a defending Ice Golem dying. At that moment, even when not included in the frozen area, the GW holds(*) any action and waits until the freeze ends... Annoying.

Another bad behavior from the GW, is his bad habit to destroy small buildings while the edrags are charging up : I so wish I had a ‘kill’ option for the GW .

Edit: one can see the GW in such case, if occurs, re-aiming but still holding on his attack until the supported troops ‘thaws’.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    When the warden is the last remaining troop, he should stop targeting walls. Very simple, very easy.
    Agree. Yes, I like it how the warden always takes the lead of another troop, but when that troops dies the warden should immediately reset.

The warden blindly attacking an unimportant wall reminds me of the old days when your barbarians would be left far behind single mindedly committed to destroying that one piece of wall.

I'm foward with the Warden going on offense when all other troops are gone. Makes no sense for him to continue to destroy a wall when one of his perks is jumping or flying over it.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    I'm foward with the Warden going on offense when all other troops are gone. Makes no sense for him to continue to destroy a wall when one of his perks is jumping or flying over it.
    i agree with this, however he is supposed to be support so if there is any type of troop left he is to support it no matter how ridiculous it is.