Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: In Legend, we have to wait 2 days just to change our base???

In Legend, we have to wait 2 days just to change our base???

I changed my base today and tried to set it as my defensive base for legend league. It gave me a message saying I have to wait 24 hours. You already have to wait until the next day before your new base goes into effect, and now we have to wait another day? This is ridiculous.

I moved like 6 pieces around and now I have to wait 2 days just to try it out? This is asinine.

umm, there are quite a few posts already discussing this 'feature', as SuperCell calls it...

Guess they use a time-lapse camera to take the base snapshot.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    umm, there are quite a few posts already discussing this 'feature', as SuperCell calls it...
    Lol. Yes. A “feature”.
    In one of those other posts you mention a forumer responded with what, I believe, sums this topic up nicely: A solution looking for a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gte615e View Post
    I changed my base today and tried to set it as my defensive base for legend league. It gave me a message saying I have to wait 24 hours. You already have to wait until the next day before your new base goes into effect, and now we have to wait another day? This is ridiculous.

I moved like 6 pieces around and now I have to wait 2 days just to try it out? This is asinine.
    Remember, the "next day" can be just a minute away. So, really the delay is a full day plus whatever you have left in your current day. It is designed that way to stop players from creating a base that an enemy war opponent has and testing it in legends to see how to beat it. Whether that really is a problem that needed a solution or not is something that has been debated at length here.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

The 24 hour lock out on Legend bases is the same as the 24 hour lock out for friendly challenges. Since wars can start at any time, there's potential for abuse. After the war day is started, someone could change their base into one of the war bases they are going against. Set it for the next Legend day and then use the info from attacks on their base to develop a plan of attack.

Looking at my clans timing for war and legend days, war usually starts between 6 and 8 pm north america central time. Legend day reset is a midnight for me. That would give me 4ish hours to set up my base and over 12 hours of people attacking it to develop my strategy.

Including the same 24 hour lock out as friendly challenges prevents this. While this is annoying, it does prevent the potential for abuse and SuperCell with the inclusion of the ESL is definitely leaning towards minimizing cheats and potential abusing of in game features.

Ninja'd by 2222
    Last edited by zank44; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:41 PM.

I concur, yes it is ridiculous.

Some, myself included, have tried to show that the reasoning behind it doesn’t really make any sense. Hope SC sees the light and changes things in a near future.
    Last edited by Aleph; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:23 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    I concur, yes it is ridiculous.

Some, myself included, have tried to show that the reasoning behind it doesn’t really make any sense. Hope SC sees the light and changes things in a near future.
    You have tried to show that, but have failed because it makes perfect sense.

The argument isn't about whether it makes sense, but rather is about whether the issue the cooldown addresses is significant enough to need it.

I am sure there would be some who would abuse it. Whether there would be enough to be significant, I rather doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Ok (my post from an earlier thread on this)

Here's why we have the cooldown.

Imagine now there is NO cooldown:

Start a war so that it begins about an hour before the Legend Day ends
    Choose a base you want to copy, copy it.
    Set that base as your Legend League base.
    New legend day starts.
    Now for the next 22-23 hours 8 (or so) other Legend players attack your base.
    You watch their attacks.

Yes this is the sequence that would cause a problem. This is the same reason the 24 hour cool down was applied to friendly challenges (pointed out by the community when friendly challenges were introduced).

You learn so much from their attacks that you take that information and three star that base and win your war! OMG!

You will learn some information from these attacks, more if 1 attack ends up 3 staring the base. Will it guarantee that you get 3 stars? No it won't, but some information is better than no information.

Yes, they genuinely think this farcical sequence is going to happen.
    That's why we have the cooldown.

Of course this sequence would happen. Prior to friendly challenges players were using cheats to build a copy of the base and attack it on end, essentially practicing against the base. When friendly challenges where added there was no 24 hour lock out, so this would have essentially legalized practicing against war base designs. That was deemed to be against what they wanted wars to be about so the 24 hour lock out was added. People risked getting banned for this type of advantage, so using the 8 legend defenses (with no risk of getting banned) is something some players would do.

They believe that 8 people with an army not designed for the base, and with no way to adjust it and 30 seconds to plan, is a good way to test a base, and then learn enough to gain an advantage in war.

A good war to test the base? No, but it would lead to an advantage. Legend League, especially the higher up you go, is all about going for 3 stars and war style attacks. If I saw 8 replays against a base designer I would definitely have a better idea on how I wanted to attack that base then if I saw 0 replays.

Don't worry that you can do exactly this right now in Titans, and no one is doing it, and there's no cooldown to stop Titans doing it.

How do you know no one is doing it? The other thing is not everyone in Titans is trying to push for 3 stars. Some are farming and some are going for safe 1 stars. You could still get some information, but likely less useful information than in higher legends with some of the strongest attackers hitting that base.

You literally couldn't make this stuff up.

Not making anything up. I know that cheats were used to practice against bases. I also know that friendly challenges without a 24 hour lock out would have made this practice available in game. While I don't like the 24 hour lock out, I'm also glad that it is in place to prevent this type of behavior. I also believe that a fraction of the community would do this to get an advantage, but it's the minority that would that forces these types of restrictions on the rest of us.

Edit: Looks like the post I quoted is no longer there. If this post needs to be removed as well that's fine with me.
    Last edited by zank44; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:41 PM.

Even copying a base to a new layout locks that layout for 24 hours, even if no changes are made to the base. It’s more of a rule than a feature.

It’s always best to be prepared before you dive into Legends which is kind of like jumping into deep water in an attempt to play with the sharks. Their turf, their rules and your only defense is your base design so make sure you are ready before taking the plunge.
    Last edited by LeethalForce; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:49 PM.