Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: In Legend, we have to wait 2 days just to change our base???

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    So, in essence, you can still test whatever base you want to test in legends league simply by making it your current home base. So how is this timer preventing abuse again? Or is it just annoying users for no real reason? Am I missing something?
    If your home base was changed the game will take your next base

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    So, in essence, you can still test whatever base you want to test in legends league simply by making it your current home base. So how is this timer preventing abuse again? Or is it just annoying users for no real reason? Am I missing something?
    No. That only works on entry to Legends. If you change the base which is currently your Legends base, it keeps the snapshot of the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The Clash team understands the cooldown period is not...ideal. We don't like it any more than you do, but we felt it was a necessary function for reasons we've stated previously. We have looked at it from several perspectives, included feedback from many of the world's top Clans and Legend League players on what may be the best way to approach this, and all agreed that it was a necessary pill in the face of what would happen if we didn't have the cooldown.

Given the stakes and the amount of prize money involved in the World Finals next month, it's unlikely we'll be making any changes to the cooldown any time soon.
    OK Darian, I’m glad you and the clash team realise that the cooldown is not ideal but dont understand why you are so reluctant to change it.
    Just for the simple people that make up 99% of your player base, could you explain how changing 10% of a base would enable someone to cheat and win in the world finals.

Thought this argument was over with on an old thread.
    Legends league is a very much war like atmosphere with selected cc on defence and hero’s always defending like in war, it’s to prevent any possible abuse for a war tour currently in by coping the base your wanting to hit and see what performs best from 8 defences. That’s how it would be abused. The cooldown is necessary. It may be anoying, but I can understand

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #55
    So after my post yesterday, one of our devs tapped me on the shoulder and advised me he has some ideas in mind to help make the cooldown less...abominable. When those changes are ready to be implemented, we'll make sure to keep you posted.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Thought this argument was over with on an old thread.
    Legends league is a very much war like atmosphere with selected cc on defence and hero’s always defending like in war, it’s to prevent any possible abuse for a war tour currently in by coping the base your wanting to hit and see what performs best from 8 defences. That’s how it would be abused. The cooldown is necessary. It may be anoying, but I can understand
    We all understand that. But by moving a couple of traps and a couple of walls you are not creating or copying a war base. You are only tweaking your own base. Surely a 48 hour cooldown is unnecessary in that circumstance.

So after my post yesterday, one of our devs tapped me on the shoulder and advised me he has some ideas in mind to help make the cooldown less...abominable. When those changes are ready to be implemented, we'll make sure to keep you posted.
    Sounds cool, now a serious question, did he tap you on your left or right shoulder? And how many taps was there?

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #58
    Sounds cool, now a serious question, did he tap you on your left or right shoulder? And how many taps was there?
    Asking the important stuff.

It was a virtual tap since we use a messaging platform for communication. Since he sits far to the right of my desk, it would've been my digital right shoulder. Number of taps would be hard to quantify since the message started with a, "hey!"
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

made me smile! thanks!
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Best part of this post is reading that it sounds like the Devs do read the forum and are aware of the feedback of the players in addition to what Darian passes on.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h