Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: In Legend, we have to wait 2 days just to change our base???

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    Again,

a cheater is gonna wait that someone in legends attacks the base so that he learns how to 3 star it and then he’ll attack in war?

Of course not. That’s a huge gamble.
    Maybe no one manages to three star it, maybe he doesn’t even get 8 attacks on that base.

A cheater is gonna cheat and use all those add ons, bots, private servers and all the things that cheaters do that we simply have no idea. He wants to get his result, the 3 star, and he wants that result as soon as possible as he has more cheating to go cheat about!

I say (for the last time) that cooldown makes zero sense!
    Why are you referring to it as cheating? Why are you referring to modding cheaters as though they are the only ones that would copy bases and test them if it was allowed to be done? It wouldn't be cheating if it was allowed within the game.

You say the cooldown makes zero sense but you are just plain wrong. It makes some sense. The cooldown for FCs and the cooldown for legends both make sense. Now, the cooldown for FCs makes A LOT more sense, but that doesn't mean the cool down for legends makes zero sense. If you changed your statement to say it isn't a big enough problem to be worth the hassle caused by the cooldown, I then could not say you are just plain wrong.

If you are high in legends where 3 stars are happening at a high %, you can use the base on defense and you will see a 3 star attack on it usually. That allows you to copy the attack for your own war attack. So, it makes some sense to have the base lock-out.

Again, though, the real problem is the base lock-out when only a small part of the base is changed. That is what would benefit from being modified by SC as a quality of life feature, both for FCs and for legends.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

A small percentage change should be allowed for the base without making it redundant, for eg something around 5-6%

Quote Originally Posted by mkmishra7 View Post
    A small percentage change should be allowed for the base without making it redundant, for eg something around 5-6%
    That is the really where the problem is. The % of change. IF it is a completely new base then yes but if only few changes for like 20% or less(or any % that makes sense) then this cool down shouldn't be triggered

Thanks for DragonX101 for his great work!

I agree with those who say cheating should be prevented. But I also feel this “cure” does more harm than good. People on here talk about copying enemy bases as if that is easy. Without attacking them first you don’t know where the traps are for a start. Even after a scout you don’t know where ALL the traps are. In CWL there is no scout, just a wasted attack. So imho the (small) advantage of seeing a blind copied base attacked by some random armies would no way justify the hassle (and likely cup loss) of running that as my legends base.

if you do want to copy a base and test it, you can do so with your Titan account anyway so only legends are prevented from doing this, which is odd because they are the least likely to want to risk dropping cups.

the best solution imho is that suggested by many posters above, only lock a base if a certain percentage of buildings or walls have moved. A common scenario for me is that I upgrade a wall block or two on my home base, then go to my legends base and find the upgraded blocks and move them to somewhere more sensible. This tiny change, just a couple of wall blocks moved should not lock a base for the additional 24 hours, there really is no justification for that at all.

just my twopennorth

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    this “cure” does more harm than good
    ^^^^this^^^^

Forgot to add:

SC, at least let us set the base for defence without having to check manually if there’s still a cooldown. This way we can do our tweaks to our base and it will go live automatically when it can go live.

As annoying as this feature is, I absolutely feel it is necessary.

A lot of the arguments for removing this cooldown comes from fuzzy human reasoning. E.g. "If this loophole exists, only 1% (completely fabricated statistic) of the player base will actually exploit it. Why punish the 99%?"

This is akin to the FBI asking Apple for a backdoor to unlock iPhones for "law enforcement" purposes. Those who understand how software works understands that if such a backdoor exists, it renders the security of the entire system completely useless.

I don't think anyone can disagree that Clash World Championship has been awesome for the game. But the tournament requires clans to fight through the same war system as the rest of the player base to climb through the ranks.

If the cooldown didn't exist, it only takes ONE professional player from ONE clan to gain that tiny advantage in being able to study ONE attack against his base. That tiny advantage converts what would've been a 99% time fail to a 100%, potentially getting the ONE star needed to qualify his clan for the play offs, etc... And this wouldn't be technically cheating either, if they are just playing the game the way it is.

Clash cannot be a competitive professional game if there is any chance for any player to gain an unfair advantage this way, no matter how seemingly insignificant it may seem to us casual players.

So you can't have both, if they cater to the casuals and allow these loopholes, no one will take Clash seriously as an ESports game.

I'd rather have the pro scene.

Quote Originally Posted by alantangcs View Post
    As annoying as this feature is, I absolutely feel it is necessary.

A lot of the arguments for removing this cooldown comes from fuzzy human reasoning. E.g. "If this loophole exists, only 1% (completely fabricated statistic) of the player base will actually exploit it. Why punish the 99%?"

This is akin to the FBI asking Apple for a backdoor to unlock iPhones for "law enforcement" purposes. Those who understand how software works understands that if such a backdoor exists, it renders the security of the entire system completely useless.

I don't think anyone can disagree that Clash World Championship has been awesome for the game. But the tournament requires clans to fight through the same war system as the rest of the player base to climb through the ranks.

If the cooldown didn't exist, it only takes ONE professional player from ONE clan to gain that tiny advantage in being able to study ONE attack against his base. That tiny advantage converts what would've been a 99% time fail to a 100%, potentially getting the ONE star needed to qualify his clan for the play offs, etc... And this wouldn't be technically cheating either, if they are just playing the game the way it is.

Clash cannot be a competitive professional game if there is any chance for any player to gain an unfair advantage this way, no matter how seemingly insignificant it may seem to us casual players.

So you can't have both, if they cater to the casuals and allow these loopholes, no one will take Clash seriously as an ESports game.

I'd rather have the pro scene.
    So these proplayers are just sitting in Titans1 doing this right now then?
    Potentially dozens of times per day, since there is no cooldown?

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Possibly, but they are not as likely to get a good 3 star attack against the war base in titan as they are in upper legends. You're right, though, they could do it much more often so they could possibly see a big 3 star hit.

Anyway, as I said before, I think the real problem is the % required to lock the base. They need to alter that for FCs, legends, etc. and this whole issue mostly goes away.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    You're right, it could happen in Titans 1. I'm sure this was an acceptable risk for Supercell but perhaps that's in the next update... cooldown on home village for lower leagues.

The main difference is in Legends, is if you climb high enough in trophies, you can actually match snipe a specific player. iTzu mentioned he matched against the same player on consecutive days. This opens the door for collaboration in which you can exploit both offense and defense.