Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Valley chicken question

I would like to know if a farm can be teamed up with a dead neighborhood? Because those trucks i see surely look like from a dead one, never moving, ever.
    I see 5 or 6 from the same hood, all inactive.
    Last edited by BULIGO; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:37 PM.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    I would like to know if a farm can be teamed up with a dead neighborhood? Because those trucks i see surely look like from a dead one, never moving, ever.
    I see 5 or 6 from the same hood, all inactive.
    My hood has quite a number of inactive players at the moment. I have never seen any of their trucks in the Valley, but I do see trucks belonging to my hoodies who are active. Some of them don't move far, but that's their choice.

Hay Day level 174 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

New Bloke/Chick
    I have counted 17-20 trucks in my valley, 2 or 3 including me seem to be reasonably active and another 2 seem to move every few days. I was excited at first when I saw I was with quite a few from one neighborhood, thought they might coordinate themselves a bit at least but they havenít moved since the 1st or 2nd day - Iím pretty sure they all moved at least once tho, ie, they are active players but decided to abandon the Valley after having a look A few I think have def not moved at all and another few have vanished beneath the clouds - havent seen them for ages but they might be still active Thereís 2 pile ups - 2 x 4 trucks all in one spot. Iíve had 5 repair a truck quests but never seen one broken down, even too far away to reach - but I wonder if those pile ups were caused by peopleís trucks breaking down when I wasnt playing and they never returned because of that... 40 chickens so far but prob wonít have enough tokens anyway for the diamonds. Dont think this way of grouping us is really working...
    Last edited by zebedee4; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:16 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by zebedee4 View Post
    I have counted 17-20 trucks in my valley, 2 or 3 including me seem to be reasonably active and another 2 seem to move every few days. I was excited at first when I saw I was with quite a few from one neighborhood, thought they might coordinate themselves a bit at least but they havenít moved since the 1st or 2nd day - Iím pretty sure they all moved at least once tho, ie, they are active players but decided to abandon the Valley after having a look A few I think have def not moved at all and another few have vanished beneath the clouds - havent seen them for ages but they might be still active Thereís 2 pile ups - 2 x 4 trucks all in one spot. Iíve had 5 repair a truck quests but never seen one broken down, even too far away to reach - but I wonder if those pile ups were caused by peopleís trucks breaking down when I wasnt playing and they never returned because of that... 40 chickens so far but prob wonít have enough tokens anyway for the diamonds. Dont think this way of grouping us is really working...
    Yes, itís tough to know what the other players are doing there. It would be helpful if we had a way of communicating wth each other in order to collaborate on collecting chickens, maybe a Valley chat.
    Level 109. KIK me to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to help, if I'm able.
    KIK: SueLilly

New Bloke/Chick
    Iíve filled some group requests fir chickens and found a few filled by one person but I seriously doubt that weíve ever made 3, there was usually no one near it and not much time left. I still fill one if I pass it but donít go out of my way, in an inactive valley think its better to concentrate on the chickens on the road and tokens and hope the others do the same.

My valley has been pretty deserted, both times. I think there's a lot of farms that aren't playing the valley. Either because they don't want to, or because they are baby farms and people are playing only from their main farms.
    Level 200

I'm once again thrown into a valley where other players are not collecting chickens, and the valley luster has already worn on my fellow NH mates who were scrambling hard for chickens last season to acquire what seemed like an impossible amount. After last season, they have really lost any motivation for playing the valley until the developers find a better balance in implementing it. Their views is the tasks to gain the additional spins impede on their daily farming too much - and for smaller level farmers with not as much crop space and whatnot, I can definitely understand their position.

I'm collecting 3 chickens daily myself which, ideally this should net my contribution to about 60 chickens during this season; but, despite my contributing to more than half the required amount, I don't see us making the 100 count. No one is bothering with the group requests, so I am not wasting fuel or goods to even bother with them myself. Once in a while I will login and see someone else has collected chickens, but it is obviously not nearly often enough.

I also feel like the amount of tokens rewarded were of a lesser amount this season. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't have nearly as many tokens as I feel like I should have by now.

Please - give me a solo board already with a reasonable amount of chickens to collect. This playing with a bunch of strangers has yet to work out for me as I feel like I am the one pulling a majority of the work.

Fresh Spawn
    Can you explain how farmers get to my Valley and collect chickens but I donít see any way of getting to other Valleys to do the same? FYI - I donít belong to a neighborhood so the chickens being collected by others have nothing to do with that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jkweston View Post
    Can you explain how farmers get to my Valley and collect chickens but I donít see any way of getting to other Valleys to do the same? FYI - I donít belong to a neighborhood so the chickens being collected by others have nothing to do with that. Thanks!
    You don't get to pick a valley... you are just put in one. Supposedly there are 60 others in each valley...(I have never seen that many trucks.... but who knows under cloud cover! Lol) . you never know who you will be with.... could be you as a solo, and a hood of 30 and another one of 14 and another of 7 and another of 8.

Do you play derby? It's sort of like that.... when you take your first task you are grouped with 14 other hoods. If you are a solo player you will be grouped with hoods that only have 1 person opted in.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by SueDL View Post
    Yes, itís tough to know what the other players are doing there. It would be helpful if we had a way of communicating wth each other in order to collaborate on collecting chickens, maybe a Valley chat.
    Some sort of chat would be great, even with limited options and some way of checking in so we can see how many are active even if under the clouds!