Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Valley chicken question

Fresh Spawn

Valley chicken question

My chickens collected is 27/100 however on my friends phone, she shows 63/100 do we all (hayday community) not share the same amount of chickens collected? How does the valley count players? Are we on different servers or realms or countries? Need clarification please, and lastly, do the chickens collected carry over to the next season? Iím finding it extremely difficult to collect 100 chickens in 20 days or so... it more importantly Iíd like to know how if the valley is in fact shared by everyone or if I myself need to collect the remaining 73 chickens. Thanks guys!!

Each valley is supposed to have approximately 60 farmers in it - that is who you share the 100 chicken count with. Whole neighborhoods go together and other neighborhoods are added along with solo players, etc. until this approximate 60 is reached. Please note Iíve never counted more than 32 trucks in my own valley but Iím assuming others are under cloud cover.

You are matched, sort of like the derby, based on the neighborhood you are in when you first enter the new season of the valley. Even if you change hoods, the valley remains the same for the season. Many valleys are done with their 100 chickens now, some have a lot more to collect. It depends on how active each farmer is, how high level (higher level players get more fuel since they complete sun tasks easily) the players are, etc.

so youíre not ALONE to collect the remaining chickens itís a valley wide count, but if the other 59 or so farmers arenít doing much it can feel like youíre alone.
    Last edited by Aardvark10; August 15th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark10 View Post
    Each valley is supposed to have approximately 60 farmers in it - that is who you share the 100 chicken count with. Whole neighborhoods go together and other neighborhoods are added along with solo players, etc. until this approximate 60 is reached. Please note Iíve never counted more than 32 trucks in my own valley but Iím assuming others are under cloud cover.

You are matched, sort of like the derby, based on the neighborhood you are in when you first enter the new season of the valley. Even if you change hoods, the valley remains the same for the season. Many valleys are done with their 100 chickens now, some have a lot more to collect. It depends on how active each farmer is, how high level (higher level players get more fuel since they complete sun tasks easily) the players are, etc.

so youíre not ALONE to collect the remaining chickens itís a valley wide count, but if the other 59 or so farmers arenít doing much it can feel like youíre alone.
    Ahh ok thx so much!! Very informative! Sigh...even in a virtual world...the rich get richer...aka high level big population neighborhoods 😢😢

Now the valley generated per players is that random at the start of a valley season? Or am I locked into this particular valley for the rest of my hayday days. Meaning the next valley start I maybe put into a season with kick butt high level hardcore players, and the next valley I can be put into casual players...wish they had realm names or server names so we know what to look forward too. Thx again!!
    Last edited by Chuckles; August 15th, 2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Missing something

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Ahh ok thx so much!! Very informative! Sigh...even in a virtual world...the rich get richer...aka high level big population neighborhoods 

Now the valley generated per players is that random at the start of a valley season? Or am I locked into this particular valley for the rest of my hayday days. Meaning the next valley start I maybe put into a season with kick butt high level hardcore players, and the next valley I can be put into casual players...wish they had realm names or server names so we know what to look forward too. Thx again!!
    Peach season you are placed in a Valley. The only players you will consistently see in your Valley are your hood mates' assuming you are in a NH. We are in with completely different NHs and solo players this time. There are probably 6-8 that periodically collect chickens (about 12 so far) compared to the 112 the 6 from my hood have collected. Since we hit our 100, we are focused on tokens not chickens. We collect over the 250 last time, but at the same time, most of my neighbors could not buy a thing from the exclusive shop because they focused too much on chickens and not enough on tokens/quests.

Fresh Spawn
    Thank you!! And happy hay daying!!

I am a solo player and all this week I have been the only one in the valley. My valley has 27 chickens. Apart from 3 which others colected in the first couple of days the rest have been caught by me, because no one else is there. Not a soul . How can this be right.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Midge123 View Post
    I am a solo player and all this week I have been the only one in the valley. My valley has 27 chickens. Apart from 3 which others colected in the first couple of days the rest have been caught by me, because no one else is there. Not a soul . How can this be right.
    When I cannot see any other trucks in the Valley I exit HD and return and then I can see trucks. It has happened to my quite often so I would try that. I hope it helps. You should not be in a Valley by yourself. Is it possible some trucks are there but just under cloud cover but surely some would be in the same area as you, unless you are way down at the bottom or to the far left. Try exiting and returning.

Similar problem here, my hoodie and I seem to be the only ones collecting chickens. We use fuel to get to a group task then no third truck comes before it times out. They say inactive players are not included in the “60” but one of our other hoodies who has been taking a farming break reappeared yesterday and was immediately in the valley with us. I have a suspicion that inactive farms are included in the valley totals, never see more than about 15 trucks down there.
    Farm lvl156. Town 46.

I can see 4 of my hood mates in the Valley, no one else, none of us have hunted chicken and yet we passed 100 yesterday, somewhere other players are hiding.

Thank you for posting. I had some of the same questions about the Valley. Our Valley has about 15-20 players, at best. I can’t believe there are supposed to be up to 60 players! Luckily, we passed the 100 chicken mark. (However, we came no where near it last time.) We’re fortunate that the other players in the Valley were motivated to collect chickens too. I’m wondering if we get any bonuses for having extra chickens. Does anyone know? It would be also be nice to be able to donate chickens to others valleys struggling to reach their chicken goal.
    Level 109. KIK me to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to help, if I'm able.
    KIK: SueLilly