Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: More legends questions

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I’m finding LL to be getting boring, due to a lot reasons stated here in this thread. I can’t plan attacks, I can try using an army that I want to challenge myself with, such as hogs or lalo or such, and hope the base is conducive to that strat, if not... oh well just do my best with it and hope for the best result possible. Or I can just continue on with some generic army that I know will inevitably give me a 2*..... *yawn*
    I don’t want to be able to next in order to find a base suited for my strat, that would miss the mark set out by the new LL, what I would like is some things different, more time to plan would be nice, having one or two other strats available would be nice as well.
    I believe if things remain the same, for me personally, my interest will be gone and I won’t care about LL, I will just let my base slide into whatever spot it ends up in and I will only concentrate on wars and wait for upgrades to come along.....
    Having to plan 8 legends attacks per day like war attacks would drive me out of legends quickly.

    Having an extra 30 seconds would make little difference to me. My opponents would get 30 more seconds also.

    As for 2 stars, yeah, those are common for most players, but yet we can see the top players are able to get 3 stars at a pretty good rate, much better than us average players.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  2. #42
    Super Member Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Having to plan 8 legends attacks per day like war attacks would drive me out of legends quickly.

    Having an extra 30 seconds would make little difference to me. My opponents would get 30 more seconds also.

    As for 2 stars, yeah, those are common for most players, but yet we can see the top players are able to get 3 stars at a pretty good rate, much better than us average players.
    yah I get what you’re saying, planning 8 attacks would be very time consuming and something I’m not interested in either, I am just saying having the ability to choose at least between maybe 2 strats, like say pekkabobat or lalo for example on each base may at least give someone an option pending the base.
    more time, yup would be good and bad on both sides of the coin..... but for me personally I would like it more for my attacks than my opponents as I fail on time more than I see them failing on me, but I do get your point.
    and yes the “elite” attackers I’m sure get more 3s than us average joes, and that’s expected, but I think my own personal rate would be better if I had better attacking options, certainly not “elite” status but better than they are, because one thing I also see is same bases over and over which I find somewhat amusingly contentious....

    Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    yah I get what you’re saying, planning 8 attacks would be very time consuming and something I’m not interested in either, I am just saying having the ability to choose at least between maybe 2 strats, like say pekkabobat or lalo for example on each base may at least give someone an option pending the base.
    more time, yup would be good and bad on both sides of the coin..... but for me personally I would like it more for my attacks than my opponents as I fail on time more than I see them failing on me, but I do get your point.
    and yes the “elite” attackers I’m sure get more 3s than us average joes, and that’s expected, but I think my own personal rate would be better if I had better attacking options, certainly not “elite” status but better than they are, because one thing I also see is same bases over and over which I find somewhat amusingly contentious....
    I wouldn’t be against having the ability to have two preset armies ready to go. I wouldn’t favor having it be like builder base where you can change everything. I’m also ok with it as is. If I could pick between two armies I’d do much better on offense, but so would my opponent. Overall I’m liking it. I wish I had 10 attacks instead of 8, but that is a minor thing.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  4. #44
    Super Member Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I wouldn’t be against having the ability to have two preset armies ready to go. I wouldn’t favor having it be like builder base where you can change everything. I’m also ok with it as is. If I could pick between two armies I’d do much better on offense, but so would my opponent. Overall I’m liking it. I wish I had 10 attacks instead of 8, but that is a minor thing.
    I agree I wouldn’t want it like BB either, having some presets is fine by me, and yes it would also give my opponent his choice as well, but to me that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to take. And if it is limited to one, then so be it, just seems a little bland for my taste.
    8 attacks for me is a good number, I have a hard time doing them when I have a busy work day and am tired afterwards and then have to rush attacks all night to get them done in time.
    It’s not that I dislike LL, way better than before, I just always think things can be improved upon as time goes on...... no such thing as perfect in my vocabulary

    Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

  5. #45
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,912
    Bad time of year for me and spent the last four days sitting in airports and falling out of legends, but wouldn’t affect me one way or the other were 60 secs prep allowed. Count me out on multiple armies though, as always thought that was the norm in mm. I like the 8 attacks but really struggle getting them all in until the summer is over.

    Multiple army options wouldn’t make it any more enjoyable for me, personally, but understand others liking it better. Might raise your cup count some over a season, but would surely raise everyone else’s as well. Imagine most changes players think might inflate their own cup count would raise most every other halfway serious player’s count as well.

    TH12...level 240...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 33 mil...atb 6032

  6. #46
    Super Member MommySnooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nope. 30 degrees C. Summer it is.
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Lima View Post
    I completely see what you mean, however, it was the same in the old legend system, especially higher up. You spent loads of time in the clouds. Would you hit "next"? I never did, and was grateful for whatever I encountered.

    Re your question about which army with hero's down: drags with loons works by far the best.

    Lastly, an additional 30 seconds I would agree with. Especially considering the more complex bases one encounters higher up.
    Exactly. That’s what I didn’t like in Titans (and I just got there a little bit before Legends). I only had clouds for a few minutes at a time, hit next once or twice and got annoyed and either put the game away for a few hours, or just attacked whatever, lol. Thanks for the army tip. It’s one I’m experimenting with and have gone back to with heroes back up. And yes, the bases get complex and you *can’t hit next, so a little extra time to snoop around I think would help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I agree I wouldn’t want it like BB either, having some presets is fine by me, and yes it would also give my opponent his choice as well, but to me that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to take. And if it is limited to one, then so be it, just seems a little bland for my taste.
    8 attacks for me is a good number, I have a hard time doing them when I have a busy work day and am tired afterwards and then have to rush attacks all night to get them done in time.
    It’s not that I dislike LL, way better than before, I just always think things can be improved upon as time goes on...... no such thing as perfect in my vocabulary
    ^^^Ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Bad time of year for me and spent the last four days sitting in airports and falling out of legends, but wouldn’t affect me one way or the other were 60 secs prep allowed. Count me out on multiple armies though, as always thought that was the norm in mm. I like the 8 attacks but really struggle getting them all in until the summer is over.

    Multiple army options wouldn’t make it any more enjoyable for me, personally, but understand others liking it better. Might raise your cup count some over a season, but would surely raise everyone else’s as well. Imagine most changes players think might inflate their own cup count would raise most every other halfway serious player’s count as well.
    True, multiple armies has never been a part of matchmaking. (But nexting has, lol). That option would probably benefit the strongest attackers the most, but I still think I’d enjoy it. And with 30 sec, you’d have time to make a more “informed decision”? about what to attack with and have a few less time-outs. Of course it would benefit everyone, and the most skilled attackers would still make the fewest mistakes and therefore rise the highest, as they should. (Instead of the rest of us hoping we can give our best shot and that they will mess up, in order for us to get (or stay) up there with them.)

    *I feel like I’m shooting myself in the foot here, lol. But still.

    Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

  7. #47
    Super Member MommySnooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Nope. 30 degrees C. Summer it is.
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    Yes, a little additional time would be very appreciated in legends.

    With any hero down, E-Loons is best imo (8 troops each)
    If you have to choose which to use a book on: GW is the best to have up and ready all the time.

    On a whole, E-Loons, or any air attack really, have only once three‘d my base since the new system was implemented, they’re good for 2 but do not really hold a chance for 3 stars.
    Ground attacks, however, have more of a chance. Meta seems to be Bowler (6-8) Pekka (4) Bats (5) with a four-Healer Queen Walk and some funneling troops.

    I have gone with the same army since day 1 which is a ground army of mostly Bowlers (no Witches no Pekkas no Bats) with 2 Eddies for the funnels and a QW with 5 Healers.I will always go for three stars, even if that means I might end up with only one star, as a three star and a high% one star attack total as much as or a little more cups than two two-star-attacks.

    My average is 77% at 2,1 stars.

    Have Fun
    TS
    Thanks again for the insight/tips!

    Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •