Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More legends questions

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    Ok, well I understand that’s what you’re saying but I’m not sure it would be an equal number added/subtracted.

Just thought of a way to check it out though. I think if I can find time to get a couple of new bases in, I’ll ask some clanmates who are maxed to hit one with 30 and one with 60 seconds scouting. I’ll do the same with them and calculate the trophies we’d have gotten if it were in legends. It won’t be any sort of simple size to speak of and it’ll probably end very badly, but it’ll still be fun, lol.
    If you become X% better at attacking with 30 sec extra,why won't everyone who is attacking you?

Net gain would be zero.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybod View Post
    If you become X% better at attacking with 30 sec extra,why won't everyone who is attacking you?

Net gain would be zero.
    That’s not certain, though. Many would. Some might not.

But ultimately that doesn’t matter to me, really. What matters to me if I’m in Legends (and the point of my being there, rather than in Titans or dropping lower), is trying to do my best.

As soon as they remove the ability to “next” to find a base to match your army and don’t add a choice (of even your stock armies—of *course we’re not fine-tuning like for war, but still—) that part of the “pre-attack strategy” is gone.

Of *course we’re not seeing all 8 bases at the start of the day so we can essentially try to plan 8 war attacks in a day. I wouldn’t want that, either.

That lack of flexibility in army/base matching introduces a new skill factor—the “improvisation” people are talking about. It is a completely different skill from planning for war, and does present increased difficulty for those of us who aren’t naturally good at it (or who don’t belong to a 50-member all TH12 war clan that build all of their own bases doing FCs every day and warring back to back). They can be in game a lot, watch (or make) YouTube videos and make Clash a huge part of their day. (Did someone say something about being online all day? *Just a wink, there—not being critical, lol. If I could watch them all, I would. Anyway...)

Of *course those guys and gals are going to do better. They’re used to it. They probably don’t even *need the extra 30 seconds because they can scout all of the important elements of a base really quickly. So they wouldn’t necessarily get much benefit from an extra minute. (I could be wrong, Idk.)

On the other hand, people like me, might. (With or without extra time, everyone is still going to have to adjust mid-attack—that doesn’t change. But at least we mere mortals might have a few seconds to try to make a “plan B”.)

What I’d hope to do is maybe try turning a 42% zero star, 4 trophies (had Queen and warden down) but still—that might have become the 65% one star for 12. 8 more trophies.

The 66% two-star for 22 when I had the heroes back up, might have been the 88% 2-star for 28.

That 88% two-star might have been a 3-star (or closer to it) if I had those 20 seconds (yes I watched the replay to see how long I took, lol) to decide what to do with a tesla farm that I thought might be there, before I started the attack. Just give me the time I need to do what I need to do, to feel like I’m better prepared. I wasn’t kidding when I said I’m still taking 20 seconds just to find the stupid sweepers on some bases, let alone where everything else is, and deciding what to do with it.

Of *course others would get the same. If they can take advantage of it as well, and improve their scores too? More power to them.

Oh, and btw, a clanmate who is one of our best attackers, thought 30-60 seconds wouldn’t be a huge difference, either. He suggested giving everyone up to five minutes!

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

Quote Originally Posted by crazybod View Post

Net gain would be zero.
    I disagree
    60 seconds would HURT me I am sure

I don't need more than 30 seconds (usually less) to decide where I will use my bowler/healer/witch army from, 30 seconds wouldn't help me at all (just that I do the same stuff every time tbh)

So the only thing that would change would be people like MommySnooks doing (probably!) better against my base.

sig (c) Reaper
    Bowlers throw pineaples. Right?
    Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    I disagree
    60 seconds would HURT me I am sure

I don't need more than 30 seconds (usually less) to decide where I will use my bowler/healer/witch army from, 30 seconds wouldn't help me at all (just that I do the same stuff every time tbh)

So the only thing that would change would be people like MommySnooks doing (probably!) better against my base.
    Lol, well I’d try, anyway.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

I'm glad it is so different than war. I appreciate the variety between regular war, league war and legends.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

My tip is: quickly look for most obvious way in to the base and then definitely DO NOT go in that way, its always riddled with traps etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughterer View Post
    My tip is: quickly look for most obvious way in to the base and then definitely DO NOT go in that way, its always riddled with traps etc.
    Thanks Admiral Akbar!

sig (c) Reaper
    Bowlers throw pineaples. Right?
    Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here.

I’m finding LL to be getting boring, due to a lot reasons stated here in this thread. I can’t plan attacks, I can try using an army that I want to challenge myself with, such as hogs or lalo or such, and hope the base is conducive to that strat, if not... oh well just do my best with it and hope for the best result possible. Or I can just continue on with some generic army that I know will inevitably give me a 2*..... *yawn*
    I don’t want to be able to next in order to find a base suited for my strat, that would miss the mark set out by the new LL, what I would like is some things different, more time to plan would be nice, having one or two other strats available would be nice as well.
    I believe if things remain the same, for me personally, my interest will be gone and I won’t care about LL, I will just let my base slide into whatever spot it ends up in and I will only concentrate on wars and wait for upgrades to come along.....

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Centennial Club
    I completely see what you mean, however, it was the same in the old legend system, especially higher up. You spent loads of time in the clouds. Would you hit "next"? I never did, and was grateful for whatever I encountered.

Re your question about which army with hero's down: drags with loons works by far the best.

Lastly, an additional 30 seconds I would agree with. Especially considering the more complex bases one encounters higher up.