Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More legends questions

More legends questions

On another thread I got some good explanations about how some of legends works, and why the 8 attacks, etc. Thanks! I still have another question (or two):

Today I was thinking that in regular multiplayer, you go out with an army and an objective in mind, whatever it may be. You can hit “next” until you find the right base for what you’re looking for. You have 30 seconds, but if the base doesn’t suit what you have trained, you keep going until it does.

In Builder’s Base, you attack what you see, but you have the option to change troops.

There’s an element of matching army/base involved in the strategy.

In war, it’s all about matching the army to the base, very precisely, but you have 24 hours to coordinate, plan, and do the attack (maybe with scouting first or dipping to cleanup if it’s a classic war), and if it’s a fresh hit in CWL you still have that 24 hours.

So now in legends, it’s take what you’re most comfortable with, and hope more of the 8 bases match up for you, than for the other guys. Doesn’t that remove one whole piece of the puzzle and throw in an extra element of luck?

Also, related, I can stew all day over war attacks but this 30 second thing kills me, lol. Would it be that crazy to ask for a full minute to plan? What would that do for the new system?

————

Second question for those of you with heroes upgrading. I read some people are managing to stay and farm (?) in legends even with heroes upgrading. When you are facing fully-functioning war bases but you have heroes down, what army composition do you find working the best? (Since I wasn’t finished before the update that added levels, I now have 18 more to do.)
    Last edited by MommySnooks; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:47 AM.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

They stated they want Legends to be different to war and builder base, so no army changing no scouting.

When I was in Legends without heroes it was Electrodragons for me, pretty fair chance at 2 stars.

Your brilliant new idea is already ruled out, here. Why CWL is straight after Season Pass ends, here.
    There's no matchmaking in CWL. Contact support, here, forum players can't always help.
    Current trader cycle. Before posting, are you just feeding the troll?

I agree the 30 seconds can be killer sometimes but I guess that is one different reaction aspect that is different than the other modes in the game. I think the key is bringing a flexible army/spells that has the potential to 3-star all kinds of base types. Personally, I go with QC Hogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    I agree the 30 seconds can be killer sometimes but I guess that is one different reaction aspect that is different than the other modes in the game. I think the key is bringing a flexible army/spells that has the potential to 3-star all kinds of base types.
    Agree with you completely

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    They stated they want Legends to be different to war and builder base, so no army changing no scouting.

When I was in Legends without heroes it was Electrodragons for me, pretty fair chance at 2 stars.
    Yeah, so it’s meant to be different. It sure is, lol. But the 30-60 seconds doesn’t change that.

Thanks. Yeah, I’m using a variety of edragons, dragons, loons, rage and freeze or bat, baby D sometimes to try to help funnel (it’s kind of not happening, lol), and just messing around with those at the moment. But I’m in such a rush to get heroes up, that I have both the queen and warden down. Almost put king down too, but next builder isn’t for three days, so I stopped myself there, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    I agree the 30 seconds can be killer sometimes but I guess that is one different reaction aspect that is different than the other modes in the game. I think the key is bringing a flexible army/spells that has the potential to 3-star all kinds of base types. Personally, I go with QC Hogs.
    Yeah, I need to get better at the QC. Have seen it being used at 12 now, but I haven’t used hogs since 8.

Maybe I need to head back down to gold, work on unbreakable and QC back up as the heroes go up. But the thought of a) getting that low again and b) going back through Titans again isn’t incredibly appealing, lolhelp.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

I agree with you OP, there definitely is an element of luck due to the fact you only have one army cooked and if it isn’t base dependant then hope for the best. It would be nice to have the flexibility of having precooked strats made that you could choose from tp suit the base you are mandated to hit. The fact that you must hit using only a single strat that you feel has the best chance to get you the sure 2* and maybe the 3* takes away some of the skill factor imo.

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Forum>Supercell Main>Forum Talk>Signature Shops>[GFX Shop] TerMinus Prime [TP]
    Sc wanted to keep Legend league different from war and BB

for push army while my hero(king and warden) was down ,
    i used queen walk + edrag(+few times included 6 babydragons/11hogs for event)+5 freeze 3 rage+battle blimp(with loons in it)
    and deploy blimp at the last to get my second star.

Recruitment || Forum Achievements
    Want Signature/avatar/clan banner or poster? *Click here*

While you may feel you'd like to have more time to scout you're failing to realise that your opponents have the exact same amount of time.

If they increase the scout time your 3*, and higher 2* percentage may go up, but so will all of the other players attacking you as well.

Which equals a net sum of zero which means its not worth it.

And Supercell has been fairly clear that they're not going to allow us to have the ability to switch armies after seeing a base; which I'm 100% comfortable with this stance.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    And Supercell has been fairly clear that they're not going to allow us to have the ability to switch armies after seeing a base; which I'm 100% comfortable with this stance.
    Personally I do think it is a shame that we cannot switch armies, so I do not share your 100% comfort :-)

Of course, the way it is now, we all are in the same boat (pun intended) but it does take some of the fun away. Of course it is possible to come up with a versatile army, but wouldn't it be way more fun if we could adapt that army on the base we meet? I would rather give it my best shot with an army that actually stands a chance to triple, then taking my versatile army and aim for a safe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Personally I do think it is a shame that we cannot switch armies, so I do not share your 100% comfort :-)

Of course, the way it is now, we all are in the same boat (pun intended) but it does take some of the fun away. Of course it is possible to come up with a versatile army, but wouldn't it be way more fun if we could adapt that army on the base we meet? I would rather give it my best shot with an army that actually stands a chance to triple, then taking my versatile army and aim for a safe 2.
    Completely agree. Most battle going for safe 2 stars. 8 times a day. Rinse and repeat.