Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More legends questions

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    On another thread I got some good explanations about how some of legends works, and why the 8 attacks, etc. Thanks! I still have another question (or two):

Today I was thinking that in regular multiplayer, you go out with an army and an objective in mind, whatever it may be. You can hit “next” until you find the right base for what you’re looking for. You have 30 seconds, but if the base doesn’t suit what you have trained, you keep going until it does.

In Builder’s Base, you attack what you see, but you have the option to change troops.

There’s an element of matching army/base involved in the strategy.

In war, it’s all about matching the army to the base, very precisely, but you have 24 hours to coordinate, plan, and do the attack (maybe with scouting first or dipping to cleanup if it’s a classic war), and if it’s a fresh hit in CWL you still have that 24 hours.

So now in legends, it’s take what you’re most comfortable with, and hope more of the 8 bases match up for you, than for the other guys. Doesn’t that remove one whole piece of the puzzle and throw in an extra element of luck?

Also, related, I can stew all day over war attacks but this 30 second thing kills me, lol. Would it be that crazy to ask for a full minute to plan? What would that do for the new system?

————

Second question for those of you with heroes upgrading. I read some people are managing to stay and farm (?) in legends even with heroes upgrading. When you are facing fully-functioning war bases but you have heroes down, what army composition do you find working the best? (Since I wasn’t finished before the update that added levels, I now have 18 more to do.)
    I think your description of all that variety answers the question. As others have said, they want this to be different. I'm in favor of how they did it. I am glad it is like it is. I already have a war or league war attack to do so the legends attacks are different.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBkk View Post
    Completely agree. Most battle going for safe 2 stars. 8 times a day. Rinse and repeat.
    Those in the competition high up are going for 3 stars. Those just trying to get safe 2 stars 8 times per day are hanging out with others doing the same. Those who miss attacks, don't get 2 stars, etc. are hanging low with others doing the same.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I agree with you OP, there definitely is an element of luck due to the fact you only have one army cooked and if it isn’t base dependant then hope for the best. It would be nice to have the flexibility of having precooked strats made that you could choose from tp suit the base you are mandated to hit. The fact that you must hit using only a single strat that you feel has the best chance to get you the sure 2* and maybe the 3* takes away some of the skill factor imo.
    Luck is: I bring an army and if I'm lucky the base I'm offered can be tripled with it.
    Skill is: I bring an army and whatever base I'm offered can be tripled with it.

Centennial Club
    Said before it would be nice to have 2 armies. That way you are still restricted but you can at least vary it. If itís multis, have a peka or e drag attack lined up. If itís singles, have a bat or hog attack lined up for example.

Will make things much more enjoyable especially as you see the same 5/6 bases constantly so having a couple of strats available to switch between would be fab

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorUltron View Post
    Said before it would be nice to have 2 armies. That way you are still restricted but you can at least vary it. If it’s multis, have a peka or e drag attack lined up. If it’s singles, have a bat or hog attack lined up for example.

Will make things much more enjoyable especially as you see the same 5/6 bases constantly so having a couple of strats available to switch between would be fab
    That removes a huge component of the current strategy in Legends though. Part of the strategy is "what army do I want to take that I think will work against most bases I see?" rather than "I'll just make 2 so I'll be covered".

Same thing for defenses "How do I defend my base against the armies I think people are likely to bring to attack me" vs "everyone is likely to bring 2 armies that each work against different designs, so most of those decisions are irrelevant".

It might make things more "enjoyable" because generally speaking as things get easier and require much less skill...people with less skill find them more enjoyable. But every time you make those changes, you remove more and more skill from the equation. More people find driving an automatic transmission enjoyable because it's easier than a manual. It also takes much less skill. So there's the disconnect between "make it easy and more enjoyable" and "make it harder and more reliant on skill". Legends should be more about skill (attack, defend, strategic, etc) than simply making it easier for people with less skill to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Luck is: I bring an army and if I'm lucky the base I'm offered can be tripled with it.
    I agree that skill is being able to 3* any max TH12, even with an army that is planned for that particular base, so being able to 3* a base that is not best suited for that strat is skill based, but more so on the side of luck I will venture to say, especially since you have only 30s to hit it with.
    I just think it would be nice to be able to premix at least a couple of different strats to be able to take with you in LL, it’s not that I mind the way it is now, way better than the clouds, I just think making up one generic army for any base gets a little boring after a while and takes away from certain skill aspects of the game, but we do have CWL for that I suppose.

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    Sc wanted to keep Legend league different from war and BB

for push army while my hero(king and warden) was down ,
    i used queen walk + edrag(+few times included 6 babydragons/11hogs for event)+5 freeze 3 rage+battle blimp(with loons in it)
    and deploy blimp at the last to get my second star.
    I know. It’s still individuals in the day-to-day multiplayer system, not war. Maybe that’s where a bit more “luck” plays in: *because people don’t have time to plan all day, that equalizes things a bit. Thanks for the troop comp ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    While you may feel you'd like to have more time to scout you're failing to realise that your opponents have the exact same amount of time.

If they increase the scout time your 3*, and higher 2* percentage may go up, but so will all of the other players attacking you as well.

Which equals a net sum of zero which means its not worth it.

And Supercell has been fairly clear that they're not going to allow us to have the ability to switch armies after seeing a base; which I'm 100% comfortable with this stance.
    Yeah, I know the attacker would have the same. Not failing to realize it, just think I’d still personally prefer it. Those who don’t need the extra time to plan, won’t use it. Those like me, who do, would. The elite attackers will 3 more often, *anyway. My thought is that it would just give us slowpokes who are still busy zooming around looking for the sweepers (those things to be covered in neon lights lol), a better chance to return the favour and get those few more %? Idk.

More army compositions available *would make it a lot harder for a lot of people (including myself) who aren’t that versatile.

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

Forum>Supercell Main>Forum Talk>Signature Shops>[GFX Shop] TerMinus Prime [TP]
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    “luck” plays in: *because people don’t have time to plan all day, . Thanks for the troop comp ideas!
    yeah luck is crucial factor and getting high percentage 2 /3 star (with available army)need skills .

yw , wish i could share more strat with you.. but edrags are safe option when heroes are upgrading

Recruitment || Forum Achievements
    Want Signature/avatar/clan banner or poster? *Click here*

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think your description of all that variety answers the question. As others have said, they want this to be different. I'm in favor of how they did it. I am glad it is like it is. I already have a war or league war attack to do so the legends attacks are different.

Those in the competition high up are going for 3 stars. Those just trying to get safe 2 stars 8 times per day are hanging out with others doing the same. Those who miss attacks, don't get 2 stars, etc. are hanging low with others doing the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post

Someone was just talking about legends in terms of the ďbest of the bestĒ the other day, and when I read that, my head immediately goes to three-star attacks and what it takes to get them. I guess it depends on the purpose of LLówhether itís supposed to be for that, or more of a twist on regular day-to-day gameplay for the later bases and a break from the clouds. And if itís the latter, why not an extra 30 seconds? Lol.

I guess it depends on what is most fun for you, and how you want to define skill. Planning for 3, and being flexible and quick are two different skill sets. Both skilled, but in different ways.

You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    why thank you <3 -Rad

Part of being a good attacker is being able to adapt your army and attacking style to whatever base you encounter.

An extra 30 seconds of scouting wouldn't hurt though.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    That removes a huge component of the current strategy in Legends though. Part of the strategy is "what army do I want to take that I think will work against most bases I see?" rather than "I'll just make 2 so I'll be covered".

Same thing for defenses "How do I defend my base against the armies I think people are likely to bring to attack me" vs "everyone is likely to bring 2 armies that each work against different designs, so most of those decisions are irrelevant".

It might make things more "enjoyable" because generally speaking as things get easier and require much less skill...people with less skill find them more enjoyable. But every time you make those changes, you remove more and more skill from the equation. More people find driving an automatic transmission enjoyable because it's easier than a manual. It also takes much less skill. So there's the disconnect between "make it easy and more enjoyable" and "make it harder and more reliant on skill". Legends should be more about skill (attack, defend, strategic, etc) than simply making it easier for people with less skill to do better.
    Hmm. Considering this. Not trying to argue, per se, as I’ve never had to really think about all of this before, so thanks for the different perspectives!

That said, doesn’t it take more skill to be able to match the army and use any of them *effectively enough to get the three? (Or highest possible %?) As it is, this favours people using only one strategy, which seems easier. On that front, I don’t mind it, lol. But when I use air all the time, my ground attacks go to pot, and vice-versa.

Defending also gets harder if attackers have choices. So, knowing people would have a few options to fall back on, you’d have to consider that in designing a base. Wouldn’t that require people to use more strategy in creating a defense?

So....do people have less skill if they can effectively use more attacks? You’d have the same options. Wouldn’t what you’re saying in terms of strategy mean something like people who are *”skilled at designing an anti-dragon base vs attacking with dragons”. Or “skill at designing an anti-bowler base, vs attacking with bowlers”. Is there skill involved in guessing what army people are going to attack you with?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I agree that skill is being able to 3* any max TH12, even with an army that is planned for that particular base, so being able to 3* a base that is not best suited for that strat is skill based, but more so on the side of luck I will venture to say, especially since you have only 30s to hit it with.
    I just think it would be nice to be able to premix at least a couple of different strats to be able to take with you in LL, it’s not that I mind the way it is now, way better than the clouds, I just think making up one generic army for any base gets a little boring after a while and takes away from certain skill aspects of the game, but we do have CWL for that I suppose.
    Kind of this. I *think I’d like more time and more options. I’ll admit I also think I’m in over my head when it comes to the larger picture of the strategies, lol. Props to you guys (and gals out there) who discuss this stuff on a regular basis and figure it all out.

why thank you <3 -Rad