Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barracks and Dark Barracks

Ohhk. I started playing a few months ago.. Wasn't aware of this. But, then too.. My argument of seperate training for elixir and dark elixir troops stands

Centennial Club
    We had a similar discussion over in this thread:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-of-barracks

Nobody in that thread who played back before the barracks revamp wants parallel training back. Furthermore the idea of having separate training queues would effectively just reduce the total training time of an army. This could just as well be done by lowering the individual troop training times in the current system.

If you can come up with valid reasons as to why you think specific training times are problematic or unbalanced, then I'm sure there's a discussion to be had, however little I think there'll come of it.
    Last edited by Munitor; 5 Days Ago at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KapilGavali View Post
    Ohhk. I started playing a few months ago.. Wasn't aware of this. But, then too.. My argument of seperate training for elixir and dark elixir troops stands
    Do not assume individual cook times would remain the same as they are today. Granted, if they did keep the same times (very doubtful), then yes, if I built one army of mixed E and DE troops, then the total cook time would be that of the longest brewing queue, hence faster than it is today. Example I am brewing Witches (DE), Bowlers(DE), Ice Gol (DE), Giants (E), Healers (E), WBs (E), and some Archers (E). As an example, let us say that the DE troops take 25 minutes to cook, the E troops 10 minutes to cook. Today, total cook time 35 minutes. With your way (IF cook times remained unchanged), then only 25 minutes. No question, a gain.

But that also recreates an old issue with the "old way" : My army camp is empty. I want to queue up my armies for my next two attacks. I do that, logout, returning a few hours later. I expect to find my desired army comp both in camp, and awaiting in the queue for my next attack. But no! Since the E queue finished sooner, it continued to push out troops until camp was full. Way too many Giants and WBs, no Witches at all (since they were at the end of the DE queue).

By having more than one queue which are always funneled into one common repository (Army Camps) you will always have to do manual queue management. No thanks, no desire to see that aspect return at all.
    Last edited by rowman; 5 Days Ago at 06:53 PM.

Agreed the old timings were nightmarish, having single barrack available to cook troops like 4 pekkas (4x45m). It was too much.
    New system is amazing, but considering how we are running out of space on every new townhall, i think supercell needs to think about overhauling system further. There is hardly any point of having 4 normal barracks and 2 dark ones, rather just have one of each. Those 4 extra buildings slots could be used for something more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Apandher View Post
    Agreed the old timings were nightmarish, having single barrack available to cook troops like 4 pekkas (4x45m). It was too much.
    New system is amazing, but considering how we are running out of space on every new townhall, i think supercell needs to think about overhauling system further. There is hardly any point of having 4 normal barracks and 2 dark ones, rather just have one of each. Those 4 extra buildings slots could be used for something more meaningful.
    The number of barracks minimise the training time for troops and moreover it provides with more buffer buildings for defence, for the space running out supercell will expand the base area.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Do not assume individual cook times would remain the same as they are today. Granted, if they did keep the same times (very doubtful), then yes, if I built one army of mixed E and DE troops, then the total cook time would be that of the longest brewing queue, hence faster than it is today. Example I am brewing Witches (DE), Bowlers(DE), Ice Gol (DE), Giants (E), Healers (E), WBs (E), and some Archers (E). As an example, let us say that the DE troops take 25 minutes to cook, the E troops 10 minutes to cook. Today, total cook time 35 minutes. With your way (IF cook times remained unchanged), then only 25 minutes. No question, a gain.

But that also recreates an old issue with the "old way" : My army camp is empty. I want to queue up my armies for my next two attacks. I do that, logout, returning a few hours later. I expect to find my desired army comp both in camp, and awaiting in the queue for my next attack. But no! Since the E queue finished sooner, it continued to push out troops until camp was full. Way too many Giants and WBs, no Witches at all (since they were at the end of the DE queue).

By having more than one queue which are always funneled into one common repository (Army Camps) you will always have to do manual queue management. No thanks, no desire to see that aspect return at all.
    Thanks. Understood what is the problem

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post

Great answer Rowman.. Impressive stuff. +1

Quote Originally Posted by mkmishra7 View Post
    The number of barracks minimise the training time for troops and moreover it provides with more buffer buildings for defence, for the space running out supercell will expand the base area.
    But if you read what people are saying, it makes sense.
    They could have a single hub for all barrack work (or 1 of each), and simply use upgrade levels to do the work of multi structures.
    And it wouldnt leave the base with less structures for the defensive side, as those slots would be replaced with new stuff.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 5 Days Ago at 10:48 AM.

I thought this was a post about the former president when I read the title.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Quote Originally Posted by Himewad View Post
    I thought this was a post about the former president when I read the title.
    George Bush?
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    George Bush?
    Yes definitely bush and not Obama