Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Achievement upper limit removal

Fresh Spawn

Question Achievement upper limit removal

Hello,

I think it's demotivating for higher level players that their gold loot and elixir loot stops counting at 2.000.000 in the achievement info field.

Hopefully supercell employees are monitoring this channel and could integrate it in game and thru the API, as I am developing around the COC api it's from fundamental importance to enable the infinite loot registration.

kind regards,
    Wouter

Here is a thread that discusses the reason for the cap.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...old+grab+limit
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

If you're developing around the API, then surely you should understand why the cap exists and why it could be extremely difficult to change it.

Edit: not only difficult to change, but all the data for people already over 2 billion is LOST. Gone. Never saved. Think about what would happen if SC simply started counting past 2 billion tomorrow.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; 6 Days Ago at 01:17 PM.

Wondering how many times the OP has scoured random profiles to see the GED achievements of people he doesn't know.

This is one of those vanity things that reminds me I am not vain or petty enough to ever be much good at this game.

Trainee

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Think about what would happen if SC simply started counting past 2 billion tomorrow.
    Same thing everytime SC changed "the matrix": some will moan others will appreciate that the problem is solved and the silent mass will not even notice it...
    TH12 (51/60/30) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH9 (21/28/ -) TH9 (12/12/ -)

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Here is a thread that discusses the reason for the cap.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...old+grab+limit
    After reading that topic I started understanding the reason why gold and elix looting caps at 2bil.
    It seems to be a mechanical shortcoming from the time where devices were merely present in 32 bit variants.
    32^2 is around 4bln so they reserve 2bln for the positive side and 2bln for the negative side.. still wonder why they did that... I can't think of any occasion where gold loot should go negative or any other stat in the achievements collection does not benefit from the 2 bln allocated in the negative range.

Still hope some SC employee pics it up and emplements an update for this shortcoming.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    If you're developing around the API, then surely you should understand why the cap exists and why it could be extremely difficult to change it.

Edit: not only difficult to change, but all the data for people already over 2 billion is LOST. Gone. Never saved. Think about what would happen if SC simply started counting past 2 billion tomorrow.
    I don't think this would cause any problems as the game on itself stays 100% the same.
    It would only be some sort of upgrade which enriches the game. It would be exactly the same as introducing a new townhall. Think of all players maxed since one year and longer... their losses compared to the other townhalls that are not maxed yet are even bigger. That compared to the drawbacks of a minor update on the statistical side of the story is negligible in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by woutery View Post
    After reading that topic I started understanding the reason why gold and elix looting caps at 2bil.
    It seems to be a mechanical shortcoming from the time where devices were merely present in 32 bit variants.
    32^2 is around 4bln so they reserve 2bln for the positive side and 2bln for the negative side.. still wonder why they did that... I can't think of any occasion where gold loot should go negative or any other stat in the achievements collection does not benefit from the 2 bln allocated in the negative range.

Still hope some SC employee pics it up and emplements an update for this shortcoming.
    It is not just Supercell (Ref: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,14...7#In_computing) .... in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games".

Let us assume they do greatly increase the maximum value allowable, made it a double precision floating point as an example. Then what? What of those as myself whom reached max years ago? Will they be able to retroactively determine how much we did actually gain? Highly doubtful.

Not sure exactly what you want to use that stat with your API for. Is to determine net gain within a specific period? Maybe the solution is for them to provide some new stat accessible via API, like Seasonal Totals,
    Last edited by rowman; 5 Days Ago at 04:09 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    It is not just Supercell (Ref: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,14...7#In_computing) .... in many programming languages, and the maximum possible score, money, etc. for many video games".

Let us assume they do greatly increase the maximum value allowable, made it a double precision floating point as an example. Then what? What of those as myself whom reached max years ago? Will they be able to retroactively determine how much we did actually gain? Highly doubtful.

Not sure exactly what you want to use that stat with your API for. Is to determine net gain within a specific period? Maybe the solution is for them to provide some new stat accessible via API, like Seasonal Totals,
    Hello Rowman, thx for your contribution!
    This is exactly what I want to achieve out of the API, the calculation of periodical gains, if they would implement your suggestion this would resolve the current bottleneck.
    Someone knows how to file this officially to SC?

Quote Originally Posted by woutery View Post
    Hello Rowman, thx for your contribution!
    This is exactly what I want to achieve out of the API, the calculation of periodical gains, if they would implement your suggestion this would resolve the current bottleneck.
    Someone knows how to file this officially to SC?
    You're completely missing the point of his post.

They're not going to change it now because the data over the current limit doesn't exist and has been a hard cap for years; changing it now would only cause more issues and offer little (if any) benefit to the game.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!